Former Phuket art teacher, turned alcoholic, found dead at public park

webfact

Former Phuket art teacher, turned alcoholic, found dead at public park
Phuket Gazette

PHUKET: -- A former art teacher at Phuket Rajabhat University was found dead near the new indoor sports stadium in Saphan Hin yesterday.

The body of Prasit Songkramma, 57, was found at about 2pm by Ngaojai Kusuya, a 50-year-old cleaner at the stadium.

“At this stage we believed he died from heatstroke and, from what we have learned, he was an alcoholic,” said Phuket City Police Superintendent Sermphan Sirikong.

However, Mr Prasit’s body was taken to Vachira Phuket Hospital to confirm the cause of death, he added.

Ms Ngaojai said that she first noticed Mr Prasit walking around the area in the morning.

“My friend and I didn’t pay any attention as we had to go to work in the gym,” she said.

“At around midday, I saw him lying in the sun, so I asked my colleagues to check to see if he was okay, but he was dead, so we called police.”

Mr Prasit’s wife, Mrs Janchai, 53, told police her husband used to teach art part-time at the Phuket Rajabhat University north of Phuket Town.

“He created many works of art that he sold at events in Phuket,” she said.

However, Mr Prasit had become disappointed with his life, Mrs Janchai explained.

“My husband became an alcoholic,” she said. “He suffered bouts of depression and it seemed like he had developed Alzheimer’s disease. He was always forgetting things.

“He went missing from home in the morning, then they found him dead.”

— Kritsada Mueanhawong

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Former-Phuket-art-teacher-turned-alcoholic-found/29321

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2014-05-02

good warning for tourists comming here: just the sun can already kill you

and that is not counting: the crazy taxi/tuk tuk drivers for their driving style or their yaba use or waiving machettes and beating you up ...

the food, with formalin

the hotel : with dangerous pesticides to kill bugs, the lose wire near the swimming pool

the nightlife where you can get knifed, shot, robbed, beaten up

If you were to die from any one of the above, your cause of death would still be "heatstroke."

This is keeping within local policy of not allowing any incident to tarnish Phuket's image.

There are some real no-class newspapers/news sites in this country.

Alcoholism is thought to be a disease in civilized countries, but of course there is a negative association to an alcoholic's character. Still we often have sympathy for those who succumb to alcohol's very addictive nature, and reasonably compassionate and mature people wouldn't mention that person's weakness for drinking if found dead somewhere. This trash rag, The Phuket Gazette, doesn't just mention it, it makes it somewhat the focus of the article. I'm sure the deceased's family really appreciates that cheap-shot story.

A 'trash rag'? Surely it was only promoting Thai culture and the principles of Buddhism ... whistling.gif

Amazing 6 posts......if he was a farang teacher the serial RIPers would be plastering their condolences all over the place by now. Hypocrites.

Followed by a stern warning to be mindful of what you post as family members may read this. As if.