A New Group of Tourist Police in Pattaya?

sharecropper

I take back up all my previous criticism! Mea culpa!

Learning about a recent evaluation of the Pattaya chief cop's performance, wrong: former chief cop, I now understand that these volunteers fully met the job description, did what was expected of them, and all is fine.

Now we only wait to see them running like their former boss and his wife did.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a traffic police volounteers. Is long time they work in the station in Sukhunvit road and they check driving license and document at the check point there.

Dont blame and insult them....they do their best in their free time for serve the people...at the and they do something not just talk same as most insult them.

Saluti

I can concur on this particular point. I was pulled over on Sukumvit at the large checkpoint just before first road. The guy who checked my documents was a very courteous Swedish fellow. I was on my way in a minute or so. It was as though he was trying to deal with all the farang drivers whilst the ordinary cops dealt with the Thai's. I'm sure most of us have experienced this.

That's fine with me but, like others on here, I would be very unhappy if 'powers' were extended, as per the post.

The sort of thing that really annoys most of us is what happened to me on Siam CC road. A cop stopped me at 11am (note the time). My documents were in order but he got me on a faulty headlight. (I have a Honda with the twin headlight bulbs that stays on all the time. One wasn't working). No amount of trying to be logical with him was any use, as motorbikes poured past with riders with no helmet, no headlights (why would you need them anyway)

Licence kept, had to go to cop shop two days later to pay a fine. No licence. He had forgotten to bring it in. Another trip had to be made.

These are the sort of things that shape our views on the police, however many may be polite and sensible.

• Like 1

This is a traffic police volounteers. Is long time they work in the station in Sukhunvit road and they check driving license and document at the check point there.

Dont blame and insult them....they do their best in their free time for serve the people...at the and they do something not just talk same as most insult them.

Saluti

I can concur on this particular point. I was pulled over on Sukumvit at the large checkpoint just before first road. The guy who checked my documents was a very courteous Swedish fellow. I was on my way in a minute or so. It was as though he was trying to deal with all the farang drivers whilst the ordinary cops dealt with the Thai's. I'm sure most of us have experienced this.

That's fine with me but, like others on here, I would be very unhappy if 'powers' were extended, as per the post.

The sort of thing that really annoys most of us is what happened to me on Siam CC road. A cop stopped me at 11am (note the time). My documents were in order but he got me on a faulty headlight. (I have a Honda with the twin headlight bulbs that stays on all the time. One wasn't working). No amount of trying to be logical with him was any use, as motorbikes poured past with riders with no helmet, no headlights (why would you need them anyway)

Licence kept, had to go to cop shop two days later to pay a fine. No licence. He had forgotten to bring it in. Another trip had to be made.

These are the sort of things that shape our views on the police, however many may be polite and sensible.

revenue collection, nothing wrong with it but call them what they are, tax collectors, not policemen

• Like 1

Saluti

If you can't get away and get pinned at a stop, you should ask for their work visa and police certification from their home country, as well as from Thailand. If they can't produce that, you should leave and not give them anything. What are they doing to do, shoot you in the back with the gun they don't have? What authority do they have if they don't even have a proper work permit?

Sorry, but with the history of fake police roaming about Pattaya, I wouldn't give them the time of day.

• Like 1

Saluti

If you can't get away and get pinned at a stop, you should ask for their work visa and police certification from their home country, as well as from Thailand. If they can't produce that, you should leave and not give them anything. What are they doing to do, shoot you in the back with the gun they don't have? What authority do they have if they don't even have a proper work permit?

Sorry, but with the history of fake police roaming about Pattaya, I wouldn't give them the time of day.

They are not working solo, might be 1 Farang and 10 Thais cops, your logic would not work, if you went with that attitide he would probably just walk away and signal the Thai cops over, the guys being talked about here outside Tukcom are not fake

Saluti

They are not working solo, might be 1 Farang and 10 Thais cops, your logic would not work, if you went with that attitide he would probably just walk away and signal the Thai cops over, the guys being talked about here outside Tukcom are not fake

If they are with 10 Thai police, then of course it is a legit stop. However, I still would not talk to the farang as he still is not a real policeman. I would speak to the Thai police and tell the foreigner who is working illegally without the proper visa to get lost. Been dealing with the Thai police for over a decade, one more traffic stop isn't going to kill me. Besides, why did I learn how to speak Thai only to turn around and speak English with some foreign tosser who wants to play cop? No thanks, I'll speak Thai and deal with the real police, if you can call them that in Pattaya.

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to read about them trying to intervene in the jet ski scam ( in favor of the tourists that is)

Part of the training its made clear no involvement, no comments in any jet ski scams,absolutely no helping a victim. Its just basically filling out forms for insurance purposes.