2015 Ducati Diavel models

HOKMAN

Hi All,

Great site and great info.

Can anyone tell me when the Ducati factory in Thailand will start building the newer 2015 Diavel? I am waiting for an order but no one at Ducati can tell me when they will arrive if it is after Christmas then... maybe I shouldn't wait.

many thanks.

Hok

you lucky bastard.... I am debating getting a monster first (and also a lot cheaper) than risk waiting for 1 year for the supply chain and mfg to get anything here in China.

The Diavel is around 1M thai Baht here (199000 RMB) or 32K USD. but the Monster 795 is 19k USD or 620000 Thai baht... I am a novice rider and and when I rode the Diavel I was already taken aback in URBAN mode... so I am thinking of getting the Monster first even though its a vast inferior bike I feel. but I also don't have to risk waiting for 1 year...

What do you think?

TIA

Yes, but the Diavel has a much more comfortable seating position. I also don't think I should get such high horsepower, but the diavel can be set at 100 long term...

It looks like you should get a chopper or something like that, they have about the same seating position as the Diavel but perhaps not the fun factor.

Does it have to be a Ducati? I love them too I must admit and I once tested a Hyperstrada and loved it, boy what a fun bike to ride.

Many thanks guzzi,

I would love to have the Hyperstrada, but it is a lot more expensive than the Diavel here for some reason. I am stretched with the Diavel already. I figure I will change the handle bars on the Monster and see how the sitting position is then...

I changed the bars on the Monster 795 for the raised ones and it gives a far more comfortable riding position I think the bars were about 15000 THB from Ducati.

Did you also revove the gas tank to stop your gonads being crushed whenever you ride it?

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk

I changed the bars on the Monster 795 for the raised ones and it gives a far more comfortable riding position I think the bars were about 15000 THB from Ducati.

Did you also revove the gas tank to stop your gonads being crushed whenever you ride it?

It's not a problem with the bars or the gonads it's the way you are sitting on the bike. You sit with your feet not your bottom, it's not a chopper. Put the balls of your feet on the pegs and grip the tank with your knees. This will push you back in the seat, even better if you get a decent rearset because the pegs are quite low.

Edited by ATF
  • Like 2

Actually I took a spin on both the Diavel and Monster yesterday to make a final decision which to buy... ATF is right, you need to sit differently on the bike for which it is designed... I was sitting incorrectly on the Monster and it was like Wong said... the sales guy told me how to sit and it was better for the ride, but you can't do it for hours on end... so I decide on the Diavel as I want to cruise and have some long distance riding....

Also my question at the beginning of the thread (should I wait for the 2015 version). The pricing will probably be different once the new models come in so I figure I shouldn't wait...

Actually I took a spin on both the Diavel and Monster yesterday to make a final decision which to buy... ATF is right, you need to sit differently on the bike for which it is designed... I was sitting incorrectly on the Monster and it was like Wong said... the sales guy told me how to sit and it was better for the ride, but you can't do it for hours on end... so I decide on the Diavel as I want to cruise and have some long distance riding....

Also my question at the beginning of the thread (should I wait for the 2015 version). The pricing will probably be different once the new models come in so I figure I shouldn't wait...

If I remember correctly the Diavels made in Thailand were only 799,000 Baht new. I don't know if they are still making them here or if they have plans to make the new Diavel here. The new Diavel imported will be around 1.3M Baht. Personally if you are looking for a deal I'd try to find a used imported Diavel because these were among the last bikes made by Ducati before Audi acquired the company.

Life is short. Just go buy the diavel! Black one!

It's not a problem with the bars or the gonads it's the way you are sitting on the bike. You sit with your feet not your bottom, it's not a chopper. Put the balls of your feet on the pegs and grip the tank with your knees. This will push you back in the seat, even better if you get a decent rearset because the pegs are quite low.

I just bought a bike that doesn't require yoga knowledge in order to comfortable on. Kudos to Honda,

Many thanks guzzi,

I would love to have the Hyperstrada, but it is a lot more expensive than the Diavel here for some reason. I am stretched with the Diavel already. I figure I will change the handle bars on the Monster and see how the sitting position is then...

Hyperstrada is great but IMO will not be easier to learn on than a Diavel. It might look small but it's pretty radical...

Don't get the Monster - doesn't have good reviews, and people are often not happy with them. Something about handling etc. Diavel and also Hypermotard/strada are rock solid bikes that get pretty much 5 star reviews everywhere. They're just great bikes.

I was riding the Streetfighter 848 by comparison recently and was really disappointed. Such a beauty of a bike, but ridiculous seating position - you sit like on a racing bike, but it's a naked, it's very heavy, it seemed to have less low end torque than the Hyper, and impossible to turn. Yet it costs way more than the Hyper too. Going forward, I expect Ducati go more and more in the "practical" direction. They're now owned by Audi, and in the end you want a good bike, not just one that looks great and has high HP. Example the new Monster 1200 has excellent reviews - all their new models are really good...

So - get a Diavel. Fantastic bike, and it will take you a long while to use all it has to offer, which is not a bad thing, is it?

Tough call to wait or not to wait - it should come really soon. Get friendly with the dealer, pre-order, and go visit every day. Resale value will be better, and they look really good.

Edited by nikster
  • Like 2

nikster... many thanks for this reply, yes I've decided not to get the monster... it was not a great riding experience and I'm too old for that type of fun.

I had the same experience as you mentioned in the above post... The clutch felt not too great and the braking was bleh... I totally agree with you on the streetfighter I felt I was holding myself up with my arms it was not good for my back.

the real question though is whether to wait... the dealer is ok with me waiting he just can't give me a definite timeline. Here in China they pre sell the bikes so they have a waiting list of 3 mths to 6 mths. They have no problem taking my current Diavel and making me wait.

So the problem is that I am just working off no information.

Thanks,.

I think that you made a wise decision, I've owned a Monster and a Diavel and the Monster is a great bike, the Diavel is definitely more comfortable to ride and has much greater performance. I say go ahead and get one now, when the 2015s come out you will probably be out of the mood to buy one smile.png . The fuel gauge would be nice but the LED headlight wouldn't make any difference to me since I only ride in the daytime. The Diavel does have a low fuel warning light and two re-settable mileage counters so it's fairly easy to keep up with when you need to refuel, my light usually comes on at 180-190 KM.

Many thanks guzzi,

Hyperstrada is great but IMO will not be easier to learn on than a Diavel. It might look small but it's pretty radical...

Don't get the Monster - doesn't have good reviews, and people are often not happy with them. Something about handling etc. Diavel and also Hypermotard/strada are rock solid bikes that get pretty much 5 star reviews everywhere. They're just great bikes.

I was riding the Streetfighter 848 by comparison recently and was really disappointed. Such a beauty of a bike, but ridiculous seating position - you sit like on a racing bike, but it's a naked, it's very heavy, it seemed to have less low end torque than the Hyper, and impossible to turn. Yet it costs way more than the Hyper too. Going forward, I expect Ducati go more and more in the "practical" direction. They're now owned by Audi, and in the end you want a good bike, not just one that looks great and has high HP. Example the new Monster 1200 has excellent reviews - all their new models are really good...

So - get a Diavel. Fantastic bike, and it will take you a long while to use all it has to offer, which is not a bad thing, is it?

Tough call to wait or not to wait - it should come really soon. Get friendly with the dealer, pre-order, and go visit every day. Resale value will be better, and they look really good.

I never understand why many forget about the Multistrada1200. IMO, the best bike there is. Fast and very comfortable. Diavel is nice too if you have good roads. I would have bought the Diavel in my home country, not in Thailand.

Edited by Nickymaster