Maxnet

Boatabike

Is anyone using Maxnet having really slow download and upload speeds this last week? Its never been great but all day today with exception of early morning my 512k download has beed less than 56k it hurts! :o I am in Kanchanaburi area so anyone got any useful feedback on the state of their connection with maxnet in this area i would appreciate it.

Is anyone using Maxnet having really slow download and upload speeds this last week? Its never been great but all day today with exception of early morning my 512k download has beed less than 56k it hurts! :D I am in Kanchanaburi area so anyone got any useful feedback on the state of their connection with maxnet in this area i would appreciate it.

I am not in kanchanaburi but had slow speeds not too long ago....here is what i did:

Make Speedtests and take screenshots....than send them an email([email protected]) with screenshots attached asking them politely what the problem could be(they'll actually answer your emails). Follow this with a phone call # 1103 (you might wait a bit there but in the end you'll get through- and yes they do speak english) , and explain them the same . As it was with me the Guy said something was wrong with the Line and they will fix it......(true or not ...i don't know)

The same day and i had the speed back

Hope that helps,

rcm :o

I put this on the Pattaya forum this morning. I called 1103 and they tell me nothing wrong with the line and will get "Engineer" to look at it. I have had this problem since Saturday. Is the maxnet4life any better?

28.8 kbps dial-up

33.6 kbps dial-up

44.3 kbps YOU

53.3 kbps dial-up

56 kbps ISDN

128 kbps ISDN

384 kbps DSL

768 kbps DSL

1000 kbps DSL

Maxnet 4 home 512/256

This is a bloody disgrace slower speed than dial up!!!!

Anyone else having problems with TT&T in the Jomtien area?

Is it worth upgrading to Maxnet4life or is that juat a waste of time also.

It just goes to prove you dont always get what you pay for!!!!! TiT

Edited by Pattayatony

I put this on the Pattaya forum this morning. I called 1103 and they tell me nothing wrong with the line and will get "Engineer" to look at it. I have had this problem since Saturday. Is the maxnet4life any better?

28.8 kbps dial-up

33.6 kbps dial-up

44.3 kbps YOU

53.3 kbps dial-up

56 kbps ISDN

128 kbps ISDN

384 kbps DSL

768 kbps DSL

1000 kbps DSL

Maxnet 4 home 512/256

I am located in Central pattaya and the speeds have been fine strange

28.8 kbps dial-up

33.6 kbps dial-up

44.3 kbps YOU

53.3 kbps dial-up

56 kbps ISDN

128 kbps ISDN

384 kbps DSL

768 kbps DSL

1000 kbps DSL

Maxnet 4 home 512/256

Hi ,

Do several speed tests on various times (best if you use their own speed test on www.tttbroadband.com) and send them the screenshots.

On the email i did point out that i understood that the share ratio plays a significant role in speed ....but speeds of 4o kbps are far off . This followed the phone call one the next day explaining the same(remember , stay polite) . This simply worked for me and i have more than 400 kbps since then. I have considered CSlox too (which seemingly has the best service) but this isn't available in my Area... maxnet4home is doing just fine as my only option . Maxnet4life i did a trial on. You will waste your Money, it has the same ups and downs with speeds..

28.8 kbps dial-up

33.6 kbps dial-up

44.3 kbps YOU

53.3 kbps dial-up

56 kbps ISDN

128 kbps ISDN

384 kbps DSL

768 kbps DSL

1000 kbps DSL

Maxnet 4 home 512/256

Hi ,

Do several speed tests on various times (best if you use their own speed test on www.tttbroadband.com) and send them the screenshots.

On the email i did point out that i understood that the share ratio plays a significant role in speed ....but speeds of 4o kbps are far off . This followed the phone call one the next day explaining the same(remember , stay polite) . This simply worked for me and i have more than 400 kbps since then. I have considered CSlox too (which seemingly has the best service) but this isn't available in my Area... maxnet4home is doing just fine as my only option . Maxnet4life i did a trial on. You will waste your Money, it has the same ups and downs with speeds..

Test at tttbroadband : 423.80kbps

Test at thaivisa : 28.10kbps

Maxnet home 256/512 pkg

MSN adwords site takes 5-10 min to load.

Any international site painful to unusable

This has been a slow deterioration over months.

International sites are being cached and not updated for weeks. I know that from updating my own sites.

This seems more a Thailand than Maxnet problem? Maybe because of the paranoic filtering?

Make Speedtests and take screenshots....

than send them an email([email protected]) with screenshots

attached asking them politely what the problem could be

(they'll actually answer your emails).

So I tried sending email to [email protected] and actully got a reply

wow I'm quite shocked a Thai company that replies to emails.

They seem to have put me on a different IP range 124.157.128.0 - 124.157.255.255

instead of the normal (for me) 58.147.0.0 - 58.147.127.255

Hasn't made any difference to the speed from thier speedtest site.

however the graph on my router tells shows that I can

acheive " almost " full speed ( Utorrent was running)

post-2109-1150543968_thumb.jpg

So I'll stop complaining :o

And here is the reason why we all have slow internet.

Dear Sir

Thank you for using ADSL from TT&T for you information that you give we , now we check ADSL Network and you adsl network when you use internet we found you computer have virus

that is the reason why you computer is slow please scan virus at you computer and you will can use internet normal because now ADSL Network of TT&T is normal .

For more information, please call 1103, *997 (TT&T Network) 24 Hrs.

Thank you for contacting TT&T Call Center

Yours sincerely,

iCare No.5119

TT&T Call Center

E-mail : [email protected]

TT&T Call Center 1103, *997 ( TT&T Network Only), 02-6932100 Ext.1997, 1103 24 Hrs

Yeah right :D:D:o:D

Different IP address or DNS, is different Internet server. They changed your internet connection to a better server or less sharing. YOu will get a better speed but anyway, they could switch you back to another one. Keep you eyes.

28.8 kbps dial-up

33.6 kbps dial-up

44.3 kbps YOU

53.3 kbps dial-up

56 kbps ISDN

128 kbps ISDN

384 kbps DSL

768 kbps DSL

1000 kbps DSL

Maxnet 4 home 512/256

Had the engineer call me and asked what speed I was getting 33kbps he asked the same question 6 times then told if I wanted faster speeds I would have to pay more money. So Im paying for 512/256 at the moment and getting speeds of between 33 & 56. So in fact Im not getting what Im paying for.

Same story, told a thousand times already....

In Thailand, the speeds ISP's quote of their packages are just a guideline of what the theoretical maximum of that line can be. Mostly the maximum can be had only when connecting to another server within Thailand.

A better indication of what speeds (internationally) you can reliably expect to get out of any ISP, is the price you pay for your package.

Everyone knows the business plan of any ISP is to make money... I would say not many people would argue with that!

If you multiply by two the price of the product the ISP's have to buy (=international bandwidth from CAT), then you have a pretty good indication of what the ISP's have to charge you to cover their expenses (salary's, equipment, offices, advertising,...) and have some profit left over...

As of today, 1024 kbps will cost any ISP roughly 25000 Baht/month (charged by our friendly monopolistic Communications Authority of Thailand)...

So, if you want a guaranteed, not shared 512 kbps international link, it's gonna cost you a cool 25000 Baht/month.

In Bangkok, for leased company lines they do charge prices like that!!!!

Now, nobody in the world (for home use)actually needs a non shared line. Sharing ratio's for normal customers can be between 5:1 and 15:1 with not too much speed reduction noticable. This sharing ratio is used by pretty much all of the Western ISP's.

Do your math, and you see for an acceptable 512 connection, you're going to pay around 2500 Baht/month to end up on a sharing ratio of 10:1.

Which is exactly what I pay for my 512/256 Maxnet@life, with pretty reliable speeds between 60% and 95% of rated speed...

Pay only 790 Baht/month and the ISP will have to share your line at least 30:1 to make it commercially viable for them. This sharing ratio WILL slow you down quite a lot most of the day, apart from the wee hours during the night when all the rest is sound asleep!

Some people state that the so called premium ISP's (Loxinfo etc) are much better.

This is just a misconception, they are just a bit more honest in their PR, and they will not sell such cheap packages.

What Maxnet calls the life package for small businesses, Loxinfo just calls the normal home package. Both cost almost the same! Both give roughly the same performance...

from the pattaya forum http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=68034

I've had it with maxnet, after many emails and phone calls it seems the best they can do is <50k when it is supposed to be 512k, I know 512k is out of the question but less than 50k is just taking the pi55, this is broadband at dialup speed.......why bother ? and for those thaat think 800baht is cheap - well it isn't, it is very expencive campared to EU and NN when you relate it to performance and service

Anyone looking for broadband I would advise you to stay away from Maxnet, they simply cannot provide it, if there is something wrong with their server and they are trying to fix it then is is still useless as it has been like this for more than 3 weeks now

Lucky my condo building are installing wifi at 300baht/month it has got to be better than maxnet

sorry TT&T but you've lost the plot and I would guess many customers., My phone line goes too, no need for it . probably save some 1000baht per month.

I have also sent them e-mails and I get replys that the technician is coming to fix it well they did come to my house today. After a lot of checks they told me my house telephone is faulty so They removed it and said thats it job done. Well I can say that the service I got was very good but the only thing they did not do was fix the broadband as its still only 70 kbps :o

I have also sent them e-mails and I get replys that the technician is coming to fix it well they did come to my house today. After a lot of checks they told me my house telephone is faulty so They removed it and said thats it job done. Well I can say that the service I got was very good but the only thing they did not do was fix the broadband as its still only 70 kbps :o

there is nothing wrong with your telephone - line -or modem, it is simple........they cannot provide you with anything near acceptable performance...........my recomedation is look for another provider or downgrade to dialup..........they sent me an email about sending an engineer to my home, I told them don't, as my modem - line - telephone are working perfectly

try the tt&t speed test, you will get over 400k, this is not a true test of internet speed (the world wide web) www...........it is simply a test that proves you have a good connection from your location to the tt&t server, it means nothing in terms of connection speed, it does prove that your modem connection is good

there is no way i am paying 10 quid a month to surf the tt&t website.

Well it would seem that this is common problem all over, what i can say is that my local TT&T office have been excellent about this, they are going to sign me up with another company even though there policy is to deal with maxnOt, they are very aware of the problem and have been doing all they can to help me out but unless the heads of TT&T make a stand against maxnet then the local office can do bugger all about it, except keep signing new people up of course. So next month i am going back to my old 256/128 connection with a different isp that should be about 10x faster then my 512 with maxnot.

If they tell you it is your lines fault then they are lying to you plain and simple, if they tell you it is spyware on your computer they are lying to you. I had their tech test from their office the site i used to check bandwidth and she had same results i did, (45k)i checked it on the computer in TT&T's office and same result yet again so any crap about it being my line is just that crap. Well i am leaving maxnot this month and their bill is sitting on my desk and i really have to say i do not want to pay it, i will do my best not to pay it as long as i dont make myself more problems for the sake of 800 Baht. Anyone with Maxnot i would also recommend you leave just dont all go to my new isp and make it slow lol :o

I regularly get those kind of these in the afternoon... went as low as 1.5kbps one time. :D

Well i am leaving maxnot this month and their bill is sitting on my desk and i really have to say i do not want to pay it, i will do my best not to pay it as long as i dont make myself more problems for the sake of 800 Baht.

I've also considered this in the past but realised it's not worth getting cut off over.

I regularly get those kind of these in the afternoon... went as low as 1.5kbps one time. :D

Well i am leaving maxnot this month and their bill is sitting on my desk and i really have to say i do not want to pay it, i will do my best not to pay it as long as i dont make myself more problems for the sake of 800 Baht.

I've also considered this in the past but realised it's not worth getting cut off over.

in a last ditch attempt to get this sorted, I have asked them to move me to a different gateway 124.157 as opposed to 57.147, if this doesn't work I am leaving, I will also be asking for a refund.

thiis is just not good enough

I just spoke to maxnet again and told them i do not want to pay for this month, they are going to contact my local TT&T about this and i will let u know how it pans out, i will pay if i have too but if enough people hold back payment maybe ISP's will get an idea that there is a problem. Or stop connecting foreigners which i would not put past them.

My two cents on this, as read in the Bangkok Post Database as of last Wednesday," True Internet has installed PeerApp caching software to route bandwidth hogs to server farms for their peer-to-peer downloading; the system hives off as much as 60% of the BitTorrent and other P2P operations that would normally be slowing up other web surfers on the True ADSL lines; the server farms have the most popular P2P downloads cached or otherwise available to avoid direct downloading by True customers."