Looking for vet who can put my cat to sleep - he is terminally ill and in pain

I have a terminally ill cat. He has an inherited heart problem which we have managed with medication for two years. Unfortunately he has now in the last stages of kidney disease and is very poorly. I have watched him waste away and get worse for the last two weeks and would like to end his suffering. I've contacted several vets but none were willing to euthanase him as it's against their beliefs.

Does anyone know of a vet willing to help in this situation ?

If you in Pattaya, Pattaya Animal Clinic would do it or another one on Sukhumvit Road(sorry do not recall the name, next to Caltex Gas Station)

I would not recommend the one on Sukhumvit road, as i once used them to put down sick dog and pardon my french, but the <deleted> tard did it all so wrong, that the poor animal died screaming in agony, this was 6 or so years ago, hopefully they changed Vets already

We had the same situation to deal with and had to do it ourselves. Cat carrier, bin liner and car exhaust.

One of the worst days of our lives but at last our cat was at peace.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another option is medication to keep the cat comfortable.

With kidney failure it is not so much pain as it is confusion as the toxins build up, which in turn makes the cat anxious. See if you can get a vet to prescribe a sedative, that may prove easier than getting one to euthanise. Valium and related drugs work on cats.