English Music Instruction for 5.5yr old?

jech0811

Im looking at music classes for my son, he sings all day, he loves music & has expressed interest in guitar & drums but instruction I've found is either not in English, for the young kids (within school hours) or only Piano/Violin for his age.

I want him to embrace something he seems to genuinely enjoy doesn't have to be so serious & formal.

Can anyone offer any fresh information on classes or one on one instruction in the CM area?

Either after 4pm on school days or weekends?

Thanks in advance

There is English spoken music instruction in thailand & here in chiangmai. There are English programs in violin, piano & jam sessions for young non school age children within school hrs while my sons in school.

I'm looking for after school or one on one in drums, guitar. Maybe a muso thaivisa member knows something I can't search online?

I ask seeking only helpful responses

Thanks

• Like 1

I have been playing guitar now for 40 years and was a part time teacher in the UK, if this is any good to you, let me know, I have no idea what guitar teachers charge, so please let me know what your budget is.

Regards Tony

If the kid is really musical, I'd start him on keyboards. The keyboard gives and teaches the relationship of the notes, chords, scales, key signatures, etc. to the written music in a way no other instrument can do. It's all placed in front of him on the keyboard as it relates to the written music.

It would be very difficult to teach arranging, modern harmony, theory etc. without a keyboard. If later he wants to be a really good musician, he needs a foundation. Once he's comfortable on, and understands the keyboard, other instruments would be easier to learn.

You could mix that with drum lessons, but I've known a lot of miserable parents whose kid had a drum set 55555. They do make electronic drums that are very good and they need an amp. He can use those with headphones and you can barely hear them. Then he can plug them into a sound system or his amp and fill a room.

He can always pick up the guitar. If he's a born musician, music is a lifetime thing and there's no hurry.

• Like 1

PM me if you want phone number of a good music teaching school - our daughter started there when she was 7, on the piano... they also teach violin and a few other instruments i believe.. in english..school is located off the 1001 road to maejo, before the ruamchok intersection (if you are coming from town)