Abhisit says his reform roadmap does not breach Constitution

webfact

Abhisit says his reform roadmap does not breach Constitution

BANGKOK, 5 May 2004 (NNT) – Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva says his political roadmap neither violates the Constitution nor freezes the country, while calling on the prime minister and the cabinet to step down for 5-6 months to allow a country reform.

After releasing his nine-point political roadmap, Mr. Abhisit posted a message on his Facebook account, affirming that his proposal was in accordance with the country’s democracy and the Constitution, adding that if successful, it would be greatly benefit the country and restore peace and order. He also indicated his reform plan does not involve the monarchy or the court.

The roadmap proposed by the Opposition party leader suggests that Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra resign and that the election be postponed in order to avoid the possibility of future violence and a military coup d’etat. The proposal also calls for a neutral interim government, which will be in charge of a political reform.

According to Mr. Abhisit’s political roadmap, the reform process should take about 18 months while the election should be organized within 150-180 days upon the completion of the reform.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-05-05 footer_n.gif

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To the naysayers of the road map, what's the alternative? This government is going down for sure. And then the hired red thugs of Thaksin comes out and we're on the road to civil war. Rather then dismissing the plan outright, the fools in power should try to come to some sort of compromise.

thats why we call them fools gerry...

• Like 1

Is this man for real. Did he really graduate from Oxford?

Yes he did. For real. Did Thaksin or Yingluck really graduate from the Uni's they claim they "graduated" from or got their Doctorate from? lol

If you think his proposals are unconstitutional, how is it NOT unconstitutional for PT's latest suggestion today that the CC Judge's all resign en masse to be replaced with PT affiliated Judge's?

wonderful return of serve there sir...wai2.gif

• Like 2

Yes he did. For real. Did Thaksin or Yingluck really graduate from the Uni's they claim they "graduated" from or got their Doctorate from? lol

If you think his proposals are unconstitutional, how is it NOT unconstitutional for PT's latest suggestion today that the CC Judge's all resign en masse to be replaced with PT affiliated Judge's?

wonderful return of serve there sir...wai2.gif

Now go brush your teeth.bah.gif

"while calling on the prime minister and the cabinet to step down for 5-6 months to allow a country reform."

This is what is needed....a concerted effort to reform.....an administrator to manage the countries affairs for 6 months...

But...to get PTP....or in fact any government, to step aside, will not happen.....power will not be relinquished until all else fails.....

Thai politicians cannot see past the end of their noses....except to check their bank balances!

The alternative Gerry is to let the Thais decide for themselves and for the farangs to take a reality check that many Thais just don't give a flying <deleted> about what's going on in Bangkok

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

To be fair Abhisit & his TV fan club, how about we turn this proposal around & see how you feel about it;

Let's say Yingluck proposed this;

1. All Democrat MPs resign

2. The UDD & Nitirat appoint an interim PM to oversee the reform process

3. Well nothing really matters after Point 3

I thought the Democratic MPs had already resigned. Why not compromise & suggest UDD, PDRC & Nitirat get together on this proposal. There has to be some change, some compromise & as Abhisit has stated many times his plan will not please eevryone, both sides will not get all they want.

To the naysayers of the road map, what's the alternative? This government is going down for sure. And then the hired red thugs of Thaksin comes out and we're on the road to civil war. Rather then dismissing the plan outright, the fools in power should try to come to some sort of compromise.

Real reforms will cause the Shinawatras to loose power.

Hired red thugs and a couple of deaths and a lot people getting poor may leave the Shinawatras in power.

What do you think is the better option for the Shinawatras?

The alternative Gerry is to let the Thais decide for themselves and for the farangs to take a reality check that many Thais just don't give a flying <deleted> about what's going on in Bangkok

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Well the rice farmers gave a s about what's going on in BKK when they got promised a good price for their rice.

And they gave a s when they didn't get the money.

And ask someone outside Bangkok if he would like to pay the full price or if he want to pay half the price for cigarettes, beer and gasoline? Because it could cost half without corruption.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

yes, and your PhD is from Duckburg?

To be fair Abhisit & his TV fan club, how about we turn this proposal around & see how you feel about it;

I thought the Democratic MPs had already resigned. Why not compromise & suggest UDD, PDRC & Nitirat get together on this proposal. There has to be some change, some compromise & as Abhisit has stated many times his plan will not please eevryone, both sides will not get all they want.

Compromize? Sure.

Yingluk stays in power, Abhsit can have his 30 days to write his reform plan, get it agreed with Suthep and submit it to a referendum, exactly as he wants.

In exchange he has to compromise, for the good of the country.

The referendum can decide whose reform plans are good, and so who gets to run the country.

So myself, I think making the Senate fully Elected is the way forward, and I'll be backing Pheu Thai's plan.

But you can support the Democrats plan if you wish on July 20th, whatever that plan may actually turn out eventually to be.

Or even Chewits plan, or any of the other parties plans.

Edited by BlueNoseCodger
  • Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I wish this failed politician would shut up - participate in an election and man-up if he loses!

he comes up with something my 12 year old nong sow could do better at - at least she knows you have to include everyone in the classroom if you want agreement not just the school BULLIES (i.e PDRC)

He's not a Lance Armstrong Fan like you.

Perhaps first, Abhisit and Suthep should sit down and try to come to some sort of compromise!

See Abhisits plan, is that they write a plan, and then get it voted on in a referendum, and none of that requires Yingluk to resign, and none of that requires his backer to be put in power, or control of the military.

He simply needs to sit down and write his plan, and then ask the government to submit it to a referendum. So why hasn't he? He says they can write a plan in 30 days, but we're 7 months into this coup attempt, why hasn't he written his plan yet? He says his plan will be agreed, yet even his plan to make a plan isn't agreed with his fellow coup leader! Neither can agree on the PM selection method!

Or better still, put the word 'manifesto' on the plan, and try to win the elections based on his plan.

You know elections? It's a form of referendum in which people vote on who will run the country? If he accepts the Referendum is valid, then the election process is also valid!

If the PTP accepts some of what Abhisit has proposed and the two manage to come to some sort of compromise and also get the military on board, Suthep can be ignored. What can he do if both the government AND the opposition come together? Right now, the Shinawatras are rejecting everything Abhisit is proposing.

Elections have FAILED this country, Why do people still talk till their blue about elections when even with those, this country has had years of strife? Something has to be done first before elections and that's what Abhisit is trying to do. If the Shinawatras don't want to compromise then they're just going to fall anyway. The courts will see to that. And then after that, we'll have real violence when the red thugs come out with their liter of gasoline.

Both the PRDC and the Red shirts are the extremists on both sides of the spectrum and wouldn't mind seeing the country burn. Smart people compromise.

• Like 1

Compromize? Sure.

Yingluk stays in power, Abhsit can have his 30 days to write his reform plan, get it agreed with Suthep and submit it to a referendum, exactly as he wants.

The referendum can decide whose reform plans are good, and so who gets to run the country.

So myself, I think making the Senate fully Elected is the way forward, and I'll be backing Pheu Thai's plan.

But you can support the Democrats plan if you wish on July 20th, whatever that plan may actually turn out eventually to be.

Sounds like a good plan...supporting the PTP plan is surely 1000-1500 Baht, voting PTP another 500-1000 Baht. Than consider that the smaller parties also give some money, it will nicely add up with a big family, if it brings the country forward is another question.

I understand that the Shinawatras don't want any constitution that bans vote buying and has strong checks, but I do not understand why so many people here support vote buying and corruption.

Compromize? Sure.

Sounds like a good plan...supporting the PTP plan is surely 1000-1500 Baht, voting PTP another 500-1000 Baht. Than consider that the smaller parties also give some money, it will nicely add up with a big family, if it brings the country forward is another question.

I understand that the Shinawatras don't want any constitution that bans vote buying and has strong checks, but I do not understand why so many people here support vote buying and corruption.

h90 everything here is all about money and nothing more. Many Thais will sell their soul-country for Baht 500. Many years ago I worked for a large family owned Thai company (eight siblings) where every family member spent most of their time scheming against their siblings and finding ways to steal from the company. Life is very cheap here. I have lived and worked in several different countries and I have never seen a society that had so much focus on money and material things.

I've lived here for a very long time and still enjoy the country and have learned who to do business with.

Cheers,

• Like 1

Perhaps first, Abhisit and Suthep should sit down and try to come to some sort of compromise!

See Abhisits plan, is that they write a plan, and then get it voted on in a referendum, and none of that requires Yingluk to resign, and none of that requires his backer to be put in power, or control of the military.

He simply needs to sit down and write his plan, and then ask the government to submit it to a referendum. So why hasn't he? He says they can write a plan in 30 days, but we're 7 months into this coup attempt, why hasn't he written his plan yet? He says his plan will be agreed, yet even his plan to make a plan isn't agreed with his fellow coup leader! Neither can agree on the PM selection method!

Or better still, put the word 'manifesto' on the plan, and try to win the elections based on his plan.

You know elections? It's a form of referendum in which people vote on who will run the country? If he accepts the Referendum is valid, then the election process is also valid!

If the PTP accepts some of what Abhisit has proposed and the two manage to come to some sort of compromise and also get the military on board, Suthep can be ignored. What can he do if both the government AND the opposition come together? Right now, the Shinawatras are rejecting everything Abhisit is proposing.

Elections have FAILED this country, Why do people still talk till their blue about elections when even with those, this country has had years of strife? Something has to be done first before elections and that's what Abhisit is trying to do. If the Shinawatras don't want to compromise then they're just going to fall anyway. The courts will see to that. And then after that, we'll have real violence when the red thugs come out with their liter of gasoline.

Both the PRDC and the Red shirts are the extremists on both sides of the spectrum and wouldn't mind seeing the country burn. Smart people compromise.

Lets have a little flashback shall we.

The year was 2010, Abhisit had massacred a bunch of reds, and cancelled his promised elections. Instead he launched a 5 point reconcilliation plan....

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejachiva has launched a “reconciliation plan” part of which is the reform of Thailand. Mister Anand Punyarachun and Mister Prawes Wasee accepted to be chairman of the Reform Steering Committee and chairman of the Committee on Reform Assembly respectively.

Ahh, he had a vague plan to perform reforms for reconcilliation. The usual coup connected names pop up again. The NGOs complained:

1) Thailand Reform Plan is a ploy the government uses to divert public attention from the demand for fact finding and responsibility for the deaths, disappearances, and injuries from its “space consolidation” as well as from its violent and human rights abusing measures. The government at the same time hunts down and crushes the Red Shirts and performs several psychological operations. As such, Thailand Reform Plan is aimed to buy time for the government not to return power to the people via electoral process.

A ploy you say, surely Abhisit wouldn't...

3) The participation in Thailand Reform Plan of some groups of people in the name of “people’s sector” and “social sector” is distortion. It misled the society that most of those in “people’s sector” agree with Thailand Reform Plan

And they had groups called 'peoples sector' pretending to be representing the people. Wow that does seem familiar. What he did was whitewash the crime, called the dead protestors terrorists, censor the press and gave them time to appoint partisan appointees into the independent agencies. Then they headed for elections thinking they had it rigged enough, only to have Yingluk win a convincing majority.

Edited by BlueNoseCodger
  • Like 1

Lets have a little flashback shall we.

The year was 2010, Abhisit had massacred a bunch of reds, and cancelled his promised elections. Instead he launched a 5 point reconcilliation plan....

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejachiva has launched a “reconciliation plan” part of which is the reform of Thailand. Mister Anand Punyarachun and Mister Prawes Wasee accepted to be chairman of the Reform Steering Committee and chairman of the Committee on Reform Assembly respectively.

Ahh, he had a vague plan to perform reforms for reconcilliation. The usual coup connected names pop up again. The NGOs complained:

1) Thailand Reform Plan is a ploy the government uses to divert public attention from the demand for fact finding and responsibility for the deaths, disappearances, and injuries from its “space consolidation” as well as from its violent and human rights abusing measures. The government at the same time hunts down and crushes the Red Shirts and performs several psychological operations. As such, Thailand Reform Plan is aimed to buy time for the government not to return power to the people via electoral process.

A ploy you say, surely Abhisit wouldn't...

3) The participation in Thailand Reform Plan of some groups of people in the name of “people’s sector” and “social sector” is distortion. It misled the society that most of those in “people’s sector” agree with Thailand Reform Plan

And they had groups called 'peoples sector' pretending to be representing the people. Wow that does seem familiar. What he did was whitewash the crime, called the dead protestors terrorists, censor the press and gave them time to appoint partisan appointees into the independent agencies. Then they headed for elections thinking they had it rigged enough, only to have Yingluk win a convincing majority.

wink.pngwink.png

• Like 1

They can't. The egomaniac in Dubai won't let them.