Minix Neo X8

damole

I have a Geniatech (myGica) ATV1200 and was waiting for the ATV1800 quad core box which was announced ages ago but now Minix has switched form Rockchip to Amlogic which seems to be better supported by XBMC then this might be my next upgrade.

http://minixneox8.com/

• 5 months later...

I've been having some audio sync problems with ilikehd and after exchanging a few support tickets over the last 2 weekends it does seem that maybe my ATV1200 is not up to the job as when I switch to my desktop PC, Core i5-2500K/GTX760, things seem significantly better.

So I'm probably going to order one tomorrow and wondered if anyone here had tried this box with ilikehd, 365Sport or ThaiExpatTV and would like to comment on their experience.

http://www.minipcthailand.com/product/39/minix-neo-x8-h-x8h-neo-m1-airmouse

I would get the Neo M2 mouse.

cheers

damole

I bought the Minix X8 at Commart yesterday for Bt 4,290, with a free airmouse.

I got ILikeHD working and it seems much better than on my old android stick, which froze fairly often. However, I cannot find how to change the dns settings to get unblock us working. Anyone get theirs working?

I got ILikeHD working and it seems much better than on my old android stick, which froze fairly often. However, I cannot find how to change the dns settings to get unblock us working. Anyone get theirs working?

You need to root the device.

Go to the Minix forum for X8 and get Gufones small root file (custom ROM's and Kernels) and follow the installation instructions.... it worked for me.

DNS settings can be changed in the network wifi or ethernet settings.

userabcd, on 07 Nov 2014 - 12:59, said:
StateSix, on 07 Nov 2014 - 10:07, said:

You need to root the device.

Go to the Minix forum for X8 and get Gufones small root file (custom ROM's and Kernels) and follow the installation instructions.... it worked for me.

DNS settings can be changed in the network wifi or ethernet settings.

Cheers, I'll give it a go tonight.

I got my X8-H last week with the Neo A2 mouse. I updated it to the latest beta firmware. Ilikehd.com has been working more or less flawlessly since then. I use the Kodi version of XBMC. There is good stuff here on Freaktab as well as the Minix forums.