Documents needed for New Bike registration

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I just took delivery of a new Triumph. My sales manager at Britt Bike wrote this to me:

"

I am also need a Residential document from Immigration for registration.
"
Haing registred a used car and two used bikes previously this has never come up.
I have no idea of what sort of document he is refering to. Can anyone advise me?
Best regards, Lou

Just confirming your address. I need to get it also, done at immigration or your embassy.

People always spout the 'you need a work permit' etc, this isn't true.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 2

Many thanks for the quick replies!

To clarify, an affidavit from my embassy is ok?

That would be a lot easier than going to Lad Phrao immigrations now,

Regards,

Lou

Yes it is ok, but certificate from Immigration is cheaper and faster smile.png

• Like 2

Just confirming your address. I need to get it also, done at immigration or your embassy.

People always spout the 'you need a work permit' etc, this isn't true.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I think you misunderstood people. Residency certificate not needed if you have WP.

Residence Certificate (proof of address)

If your renting you will need a copy of the owners Tabian Baan (both pages) and a copy of their Thai ID. All copies should be signed by the owner.

I don't know where you live but in bigger towns the District Police Station can issue a Residence Certificate with the above documents.

Residency Certificates are issued FREE......so don't be scammed into paying

Copy your Residence Certificate as they usually want the original

I dealt directly with Honda dealership and managed to get 2 free helmets, a waterproof jacket, 12 month tax and 12 month Insurance.

If your renting you will need a copy of the owners Tabian Baan (both pages) and a copy of their Thai ID. All copies should be signed by the owner.

I don't know where you live but in bigger towns the District Police Station can issue a Residence Certificate with the above documents.

I dealt directly with Honda dealership and managed to get 2 free helmets, a waterproof jacket, 12 month tax and 12 month Insurance.

What on earth are you talking about?

For residency certificate from Immigration one does not need Tabian Baan or owners id card or any of the other crap mentioned

All one needs is copy of the lease and passport

Residency certificate is NOT free and was NEVER free.

Why would you copy it? and not usually but ALWAYS they want original. Copy is useless and can not be used for anything else, not to mention its valid for only 30 days

NO idea, why on earth people come and post such rubbish and mislead others

For residency certificate from Immigration one does not need Tabian Baan or owners id card or any of the other crap mentioned

Why would you copy it? and not usually but ALWAYS they want original. Copy is useless and can not be used for anything else, not to mention its valid for only 30 days

Pralaad,

I agree you need a lease and a passport if your renting a house.

I should have explained that I rent an apartment so I don't have a lease. I have a tenancy agreement so I needed a copy of the apartment owners Tabian Baan and their ID.

Residency certificates are FREE. Next time your in Immigration look at their list of charges.

Residency Certificate aren't on the list because there FREE.

(This was covered in another topic not to long ago)

Depending on your living circumstances you may require different documents of proof.

The main point of my post was to point out that depending where you live you do not always have to go to Immigration or the British Embassy for a RC.

lourmaripol has nothing to lose by asking at his local Police Station.

I needed 2 originals (only Thai can issue more than 1 original blink.png ). One to purchase and register the motorcycle. One for the motorcycle driving test.

You didn't exactly read my post correctly before jumping down my throat.

I've just done it all, so that's what on earth I'm talking about!

If your not sure what you need, just go and ask. I visited the Police Station and 1 hour later return with said documents. 10 minutes later a Certificate of Residence - FREE.

Pralaad,

I agree you need a lease and a passport if your renting a house.

I should have explained that I rent an apartment so I don't have a lease. I have a tenancy agreement so I needed a copy of the apartment owners Tabian Baan and their ID.

Residency certificates are FREE. Next time your in Immigration look at their list of charges.

Residency Certificate aren't on the list because there FREE.

(This was covered in another topic not to long ago)

Depending on your living circumstances you may require different documents of proof.

The main point of my post was to point out that depending where you live you do not always have to go to Immigration or the British Embassy for a RC.

lourmaripol has nothing to lose by asking at his local Police Station.

I needed 2 originals (only Thai can issue more than 1 original blink.png ). One to purchase and register the motorcycle. One for the motorcycle driving test.

You didn't exactly read my post correctly before jumping down my throat.

I've just done it all, so that's what on earth I'm talking about!

If your not sure what you need, just go and ask. I visited the Police Station and 1 hour later return with said documents. 10 minutes later a Certificate of Residence - FREE.

It makes no difference if you rent a house or an apartment, who ever told you otherwise fed you some bolony.

Tenancy agreement is lease agreement , this is all immigration requires, it does not require tabian baan or owners id card or anything else.

Again residency certificates are NOT free and were NEVER free.

From memory its 200-300 baht

If you need 1 for driving license, which mind you OP did not even mention, you must also provide original as copies are not acceptable in any government office

Your still missing the point!

I never mentioned Immigration.............you did.

I got my Residence Certificate from the Local Police Station.

The British Embassy is 7 hours drive away, and my Immigration Office 2 hours drive.

If you don't ask, you'll never know.

Like I said the Police made 2 originals, not 1 and a copy.

Both signed in Ink by the Senior Officer and Administrator.

I walked in and asked what they wanted. Because I rented an apartment in a building block, they asked me for my Tenancy Agreement and a copy of the owners Tabian Baan and their ID. All signed by the property owner.

If you have a Yellow Tabien Bann then you don't need a Residence Certificate (the Yellow Tabien Baan is your proof of residency

These are available from your local Amphur Office.

So depending on your living arrangements/ marital status, you cannot just say you need x, or y documents, without knowing the OP circumstances.

Edited by diyer

Sorry, I still maintain Residence Certificates are/should be free.

A fee was never mentioned

If your being asked to pay.............it's coffee1.gif money.

Your encouraging corruption if you pay a fee.

Ask for a receipt if they say there's a charge........but you won't get one wai2.gif

I have bought two motorbikes one in Nong Khai and the other in Hua Hin, all I did was passport (tourist Visa) and wrote down my address in Nong Khai and just paid the rego. I even got an official translation and rode into Cambodia, no problem at all??

Again residency certificates are NOT free and were NEVER free.

From memory its 200-300 baht

If you need 1 for driving license, which mind you OP did not even mention, you must also provide original as copies are not acceptable in any government office[/quote

I think there may be some confusion abou what a residency certificate is. I went to immigration last week to get one for a driving licence and asked for a TM 18 form. Immigration told me that what I actually required was an Alien staying in the house for more than 24 hours form signed by the house owner (Wife) tabian baan and wife's ID. A letter eas then issued stating I lived at said address free of charge.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Technically the residence certificate is supposed to be free but as with a lot of things here it depends.

In some cases the official is having a bad hair day, the moon phase is wrong, they don't like the look of you etc etc.

If you insist on getting it free they can tell you to come back and get it in 2 weeks or never.

Some provinces ( Chaingmai ) immigration will now not issue a certificate they tell you to go to your embassy.

Here in Chonburi ( Jomtien ) they issue a certificate within half an hour @ 300 baht a piece

I would rather pay 300 than have to go to Bangkok and pay 3000 baht at the embassy.

I have always got my ones from Immigration in Nathon, Samui which is a hassle as there is always a crowd doing visa renewals /extensions etc.

If you are saying it is also possible from the Police Station, I might give that a try next time to avoid the long wait. The last one was over three hours.

I normally take copy of house paper (lease apartment), passport, two photos, and payment. Can't remember price.