Reds Vow March to Bangkok If Court Removes Yingluck

Lite Beer

Assuming the masses are educated to make a decision on who is best to vote for rather than being brain washed by red education and bullied by the village headman? Obviously you have not sat in the villages with the folks watching their red shirt satalite TV every night? Its not exactly balanced unbiased reporting they receive?

Because the masses don't vote the way you want them to they're uneducated?

Losers looking for an excuse is all this line of thinking is.

Educated or not, we all know how to look after our self interests.

The masses vote for the party that does the most to improve their lot in life.

In Thailand that party is PTP and until the Democrats modernise it will continue to be PTP.

(Bluesky and The nation aren't exactly reputable sources either)

Neither are you.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One side or the other is going to be very unhappy today, and whichever way it does go, it's not the end of anything, merely the beginning. The divisions in this country are immense and will now never be healed, it's gone way too far.

The country and it's people that I have loved for the past 10+ years is not the same as it was even 5 years ago, such a shame. I guess that's progress. Thanks Thaksin, everyone's MUCH wealthier and MUCH happier in life since you came into Govt.

I tend to agree with the first paragraph of this post, As Winston Churchill said in November 1942 (in a totally different context)

"Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning".

Although I have been reading this Forum for some years now I have never before posted on anything to do with Thailand politics, quite frankly even after a number of years living here it does not make any sense to me. Back in a former life I considered myself on the moderate left of the political divide, kept myself informed, voted when I was required to and thought I was a responsible citizen. I thought one person, one vote was what was meant by democracy, and was aware that numbers of working class people before my generation had fought for that principle, and in some less enlightened parts of the world still were fighting.

Thailand has democracy as defined above, the present government has already attempted to dissolve parliament and subject themselves to the will of the people, the election was disrupted by the very people who wish to see the present government fall. The only conclusion I can take from that is they expected to continue to sit in the seats reserved for the opposition in parliament if a successful election was held.

If one person, one vote is not to be the basis of the electoral system going forward, then as other posters have said, Thailand will become less than what it is now, both in the eyes of it's own citizens and the international community, I suspect the ramifications will be quite profound to Thailand's place in the world.

• Like 2

I am guessing that the verdict will be read late in the day. This will give the 'authorities' time organize for ant planned disturbance. Very unlikely to see a repeat of 2010. Both sides have learned from that. Let's hope some kind of compromise can be reached. The country simply cannot afford to let this impasse go on for much longer. There are those on this forum who I suspect would like to see another confrontation. I for one, do not. It is time for negotiation, not confrontation.

Oh my God! Even the ants are joining? I hope it's not the red ones, they really sting!ohmy.png

The UDD activist also warned the court not to attempt to replace Ms. Yingluck with an unelected Prime Minister.

Unfortunately your opinion means nothing. The constitution which is the highest law in the land states otherwise and the powers that oversee this law have the final say.

​If your decide not to accept the rule of law you must prefer anarchy. So what is it democracy or anarchy?

I broke the law once when I drank and drove in AUstralia. By god I tried to get off the charge. Never worked. I was so upset with the courts. I even said they were biased against me. Suffice to say I finally accepted I did wrong and decided never to drink and drive again.

If the law states that drink drivers go to jail I cannot "warn the court not to attempt to send me to jail" WHat should I say..This is a judicial coup drunk driving charge.

Silly isn't it...

Respect the law and lets move forward.

​I would love a Shin govt in power IF the respected the law/ I would love yingluck to rule if she had lawyers that told her when she was breaking the law.

Nope. Doesn't happen. So I can only support a "team" that ensure 15 principles are supported. AND rest assured I can name the 15 principles….Can you?

Actually you could have warned the court to not send you to jail or else. If you were sufficiently intimidating and you did it privately, you might sway the judge, in Australia, America or any other country. However in those countries, you would run a very high risk of being charged with coercion or something similar and go to jail seriously. A public threat would likely result in a charge. This is as far as I know, not being a lawyer.

A 100,000 LOL, there will more porta potties than marchers

Their last rally was quoted as 80,000 in the BP. That was without any real reason. If the government they elected is turfed out by the notoriously biased Constitutional Court they will really have something to rally about. Over 100,000 is certainly not an unrealistic figure.

Just imagine how many would be storming into Bangkok if Abhisit's or Suthep's plans (basically same thing) got enacted.

Rice planting season coming up right? Turnout will be light.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Let's say she is relieved of her position. What do they hope to achieve by marching on Bangkok? Are they just looking for a fight? And are the military going to then get involved?

Consider it as a way to vent. I'd rather a march than an uprising.

hahahahaha, yes red democracy in action once again. These idiots belong in north korea or china with their "everyone must do as we say" attitude. These people arent interested in what the laws of Thailand are, they are only concerned with what thaksin tells them and pays them to do, with any luck the army will be waiting for them with loaded weapons seeing the ptp or police will refuse to tell them not to do it. Wouldnt be surprised if there are a few grenades/bombs or shootings at the courts/judges homes tonight from these drop kicks..

Typical brainless response I've come to expect from this site. In any developed society on the planet a move like Thawil's would be perfectly acceptable and in fact, it was legal in Thailand as well as shown by Abhisit installing the little moron.

But yes, the reds just don't understand your brilliant system. Enjoy your war.

Well random anonymous internet guy says it's legal - so it must be true! I'm convinced!

Let's say she is relieved of her position. What do they hope to achieve by marching on Bangkok? Are they just looking for a fight? And are the military going to then get involved?

Consider it as a way to vent. I'd rather a march than an uprising.

Go for it GK you might find out the RED march could be an uprising---it is their last G Custer's Stand.

Should she be removed, it will be interesting to see what sort of support could be amassed considering how much worse off this bunch has made everyone. It would also be the perfect opportunity to quickly disappear them from the world, for humanity's sake.

• Like 1

Their last rally was quoted as 80,000 in the BP. That was without any real reason. If the government they elected is turfed out by the notoriously biased Constitutional Court they will really have something to rally about. Over 100,000 is certainly not an unrealistic figure.

Just imagine how many would be storming into Bangkok if Abhisit's or Suthep's plans (basically same thing) got enacted.

Yes.

I'm quite mystified by what seems to be majority opinion here that for some reason this side of the political divide is somehow less entitled to rally. It's quite distressing to see what seem to be logical people suddenly come unravelled because People of Red are going to march, whereas they fully support the right of the People of Yellow to march.

I support neither group, mostly because I think all of their leaders are not. But in my book, my life and my beliefs both these groups and any other group on the scene has total, complete, unfettered right to rally and within limits to march as well.

And by the way, the red shirts have not decided to "march on Bangkok". They have decided to rally again in Thon Buri near the Buddhamonthon as they did last time. I wouldn't doubt (or oppose) a march on Bangkok depending on the fallout of the Court's decision, but as of this moment, all posts above this one saying they will "march on Bangkok" are wrong, definitely including the OP.

Should she be removed, it will be interesting to see what sort of support could be amassed considering how much worse off this bunch has made everyone. It would also be the perfect opportunity to quickly disappear them from the world, for humanity's sake.

For the sake of argument, if you please, just for a few minutes, you are a citizen and a voter - although you only know what you currently know. But you got Thai citizenship 1,000 days ago, the day Yingluck became PM, the way people get citizenship here. Now.

You say your life has your life got worse. How has it done so, specifically in the way it will affect your vote? Since you are a voter, how do you currently lean the next time you have an opportunity, and why?

Every Thai among the many dozens I know can answer those two questions in a flash (counting the ones who say their lives got better since August, 2011), and pretty well all of them are eager to answer. What's your position, Mr Voter?

Edited by wandasloan

They might as well get a bus tonight as it's a forgone conclusion that she will be found guilty tomorrow.

Not on the evidence against her. Its hardly crime of the century. Slap on the wrist and carry on my gal.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Taking out a civil servant and replace it with a relative isn't a serious crime?

That is pure corruption

Yes, it should be a crime, but some of us put things into context. If I recall correctly, Abhisit was formally indicted on murder charges at the end of last year, and that hasn't changed his status as leader of the opposition who could potentially run in the next election. I do agree that she should be removed from office if there is clear evidence that she committed a crime, but she should be replaced with another PTP member as caretaker PM until the next election is held. In other words, this should not be an excuse for a judicial coup in which the opposition is installed without winning a mandate from the people.

A 100,000 LOL, there will more porta potties than marchers

Abhisit and sutheps plans are not the same thing, basically or otherwise.

I hope that Yinluck is not removed. I doubt if the people of Thailand will stand by and watch another elected government fall to the Bangkok elite.

What a shame to see another criminal fall.

Of course if she is found guilty with the evidence being beyond a reasonable doubt is beside the point.

Evidence is beside the point. Agenda is paramount to the result right...

Facts…Forget them

Beliefs - Like a cult, never forget them

Have you been rehearsing for the new Star Wars trilogy? You sure know about drama, so I can see where you'd fit in.

Nonsense it is, that you speak, Yessss.

If it gets to the point I see dangerous crazy reds with guns lurking on my street, it is a call to the landlord to arrange to pay a years rent in advance to keep my stuff safe here and off to the airport. Will come back after it's all over and sift through the rubble to retrieve what I can....

PTP could always...like...choose someone else from their ranks who isn't a Shin. Then probably comfortably win the next election anyway

After all that's what normally happens when a prime minister either resigns or is impeached mid term or before a new election. They choose a new one from the rank and file MP's. No marches or any of that nonsense

Can they not do that or are they all drones or crims? On second thoughts, better not answer that. But there surely must be someone they could have instead. It's not as though she's any use in the role ;)

Edited by RichBKK

Country needs a coup. I think that is the only realistic option. Problem is alot of the armed forces have been bought by Taksin.

The country needs an election.

How else can we truly learn what the people want?

The people want Somtum and Sang som, with a couple of pretty girls to serve it - let's not pretend otherwise

• Like 2

They might as well get a bus tonight as it's a forgone conclusion that she will be found guilty tomorrow.

Fully agree with you... The pint is the pound, the world round..... The best part is give it a try........ Thailand? Get back to the heritage.... All nations have failed in this, just some advice....... signed, a land that I used to love....

All nations need to clean up their acts.......But what do I know? History somehow proves to be true.........

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif kilosierra

the fools on here who support them would scream blue murder if they were thai...but.but.but what about my rights...smile.png

Oh Richard oh tricky one, which head be talking from here about rights? smile.png

Edited by silent

The army has machine guns, don't they ?

So you want literally to be combative. You definitely sound like an armchair general, so if you have actual military experience you might do well to advise me so I can laugh at you even harder than I am now.

Yes the Army has machine guns, different kinds of 'em and lots of 'em - those that are in an operable condition.

The Army has tanks too, and it has armored personnel carriers, artillery rockets and cannon - lots more of rolling hardware. The Army belongs to the state and the power of the state is the power of violence as Abhisit and Suthep so enthusiastically demonstrated in 2010 and which this government has sworn off using.

So as was very recently demonstrated in Iraq, if you are an insurgent you don't stand right out in front of 'em. Neither do you stand in the middle of an open intersection the way the Thai colonel did on April 10, 2010 with your senior commanders all around you close enough to be holding one another's dicks and close enough together so a couple of rifle grenades were able to take out all of them, resulting in their so-called elite soldiers scattering in every direction in a complete and humiliating rout.

The reds on April 10, 2010 dissolved the advancing army elite forces starting with the decapitation of the entire command structure of the special operations units in that engagement. That's why the army came back in May to shoot everyone in sight, at a temple especially. An army force of elite units that swings so wildly between such erratic extremes is an incompetent and undisciplined force that is poorly led and trained and therefore predictable only in its inconsistency, its unreliability.

Before you get on the horn General to order crack elite units into action, you'd need to know that two trainers with a dozen police dogs could do better.

Edited by Publicus
  • Like 1

So you want literally to be combative. You definitely sound like an armchair general, so if you have actual military experience you might do well to advise me so I can laugh at you even harder than I am now.

Yes the Army has machine guns, different kinds of 'em and lots of 'em - those that are in an operable condition.

The Army has tanks too, and it has armored personnel carriers, artillery rockets and cannon - lots more of rolling hardware. The Army belongs to the state and the power of the state is the power of violence as Abhisit and Suthep so enthusiastically demonstrated in 2010 and which this government has sworn off using.

So, as was very recently demonstrated in Iraq, if you are an insurgent you don't stand in front of 'em. Neither do you stand in the middle of an open intersection the way the Thai colonel did on April 10, 2010 with your senior commanders all around you close enough to be holding one another's dicks and close enough together so a couple of rifle grenades were able to take out all of them, resulting in their so-called elite soldiers scattering in every direction in a rout.

The reds on April 10, 2010 dissolved the advancing army forces starting with the decapitation of the entire command structure of the elite units in that engagement. That's why the army came back in May to shoot everyone in sight, at a temple especially. An army force of elite units that swings so wildly between such erratic extremes is an incompetent and undisciplined force that is poorly lead and trained and therefore predictable only in its inconsistency, its unreliability.

Before you get on the horn General to order crack elite units into action, you'd need to know that two trainers with a dozen police dogs could do better.

Nice rant with some interesting details.

"The Army belongs to the state and the power of the state is the power of violence "

and

"The reds on April 10, 2010 dissolved the advancing army forces starting with the decapitation of the entire command structure"

Totally off topic of course, this topic is on really peaceful protesters who will start non-violent battles only rolleyes.gif

So, as was very recently demonstrated in Iraq, if you are an insurgent you don't stand in front of 'em. Neither do you stand in the middle of an open intersection the way the Thai colonel did on April 10, 2010 with your senior commanders all around you close enough to be holding one another's dicks and close enough together so a couple of rifle grenades were able to take out all of them, resulting in their so-called elite soldiers scattering in every direction in a rout.

The reds on April 10, 2010 dissolved the advancing army forces starting with the decapitation of the entire command structure of the elite units in that engagement. That's why the army came back in May to shoot everyone in sight, at a temple especially. An army force of elite units that swings so wildly between such erratic extremes is an incompetent and undisciplined force that is poorly lead and trained and therefore predictable only in its inconsistency, its unreliability.

"The Army belongs to the state and the power of the state is the power of violence "

and

"The reds on April 10, 2010 dissolved the advancing army forces starting with the decapitation of the entire command structure"

Totally off topic of course, this topic is on really peaceful protesters who will start non-violent battles only rolleyes.gif

You need to say that to the poster I quoted and to several of some certain other posters who like to boast the military would mow down or easily brush aside any kind of extreme resistance to recent developments. Perhaps they have some knowledge I don't have of such things, and perhaps they would welcome it, but I don't in either respect.

Still I point out the Thai military is a bunch of incompetents whose specialty is kicking out civilian governments and imposing martial law over a civilian population, and that the Thai military has killed more Thai civilians than any foreign enemies it might have gotten up the courage to engage, which are few indeed going back a hundred years.

I pause to note these matters as you sit behind your TVF barricade and I sit at mine. whistling.gif

and

You need to say that to the poster I quoted and to several of some certain other posters who like to boast the military would mow down or easily brush aside any kind of extreme resistance to recent developments. Perhaps they have some knowledge I don't have of such things, and perhaps they would welcome it, but I don't in either respect.

Still I point out the Thai military is a bunch of incompetents whose specialty is kicking out civilian governments and imposing martial law over a civilian population, and that the Thai military has killed more Thai civilians than any foreign enemies it might have gotten up the courage to engage, which are few indeed going back a hundred years.

I pause to note these matters as you sit behind your TVF barricade and I sit at mine. whistling.gif

I think some of those other posters are indeed somewhat extreme, but saying 'in response to battles'.

As for Thai military killed more Thai than any foreign enemies, that's your opinion without further proof. Some Thai still 'dislike' the Burmese for instance. Also you forget that the RTP has killed more Thai than foreign armies and probably more Thai than the RTA. Lastly even normal Thai citizens are good at killing each other, like the hundreds every Songkran.

From behind my notebook, in a computer (test) room overlooking the Chao Praya and wondering when the rain will start smile.png

I hope that Yinluck is not removed. I doubt if the people of Thailand will stand by and watch another elected government fall to the Bangkok elite.

What a shame to see another criminal fall.

Of course if she is found guilty with the evidence being beyond a reasonable doubt is beside the point.

Evidence is beside the point. Agenda is paramount to the result right...

Facts…Forget them

Beliefs - Like a cult, never forget them

Have you been rehearsing for the new Star Wars trilogy? You sure know about drama, so I can see where you'd fit in.

Nonsense it is, that you speak, Yessss.

Umm, so not able to rebut my post then?