Made a milestone yesterday

N47HAN

Oh dear ,

LIK if this thread has turned into the legality of myself owning a buisiness here could you close .

Its run its course anyhow

Thx

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

looks like you stood on your own grenade without realizing you even planted one

at least in poker, you can look your opponent in the eye

• Like 1

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What an thread! biggrin.png

Since when selling is reserved for Thais? I used to work for an MNC which had reasonable large sales team here in Thailand. Many of those people who were on technical sales were definitely not Thais.

Or is it just a matter of defining the work title a bit differently.

Plenty of tourists working as time share touts in Patong and Kata/Karon with no work permit as well

Nathan, I have to question your figures. I have been riding m/bikes and driving cars for 25 years inThailand. For me to achieve 1,000,000km, it would require about 110km of travel every single day of those 25 years. Not possible when you factor in days when you don't go anywhere, only short trips to the shop, holidays, etc.

I think it is possible, Wit. I'll try to simplify the calculations:

If he made MANY trips to Pattaya, for instance. A roundtrip is already more then 1000km.

So IF he made 1000 trips to Pattaya in 7 years the million can easily be reached.

Very plausible..whistling.gif

A roundtrip to Pattaya is more like 2000 Kms

Since when selling is reserved for Thais? I used to work for an MNC which had reasonable large sales team here in Thailand. Many of those people who were on technical sales were definitely not Thais.

Plenty of tourists working as time share touts in Patong and Kata/Karon with no work permit as well

If I understood correctly OP has an business here and therefore is likely to hold an WP for his business actions. For me that puts him to a quite different set of people than the time share touts.

If I understood correctly OP has an business here and therefore is likely to hold an WP for his business actions. For me that puts him to a quite different set of people than the time share touts.

Get your facts straight, i never have and never will compare the OP to a TST

I was comparing to your quote of a company called MNC

Ive held a WP here for 10 years, employ 15 to 20 Thais depending on workload and im proud to say ive paid all relevant taxes and have run a legal buisiness here since inception.

I listen to all the bar stories of how people dont pay this or dont have that and havent had for years.

Me , im happy to sleep at night knowing im (and the company ) are totally legit and when the day comes that immigration or whoever wants to check my records I nothing to worry about.

I would appreciate if anyone wants to question my legality here they join me for a beer somewhere. My shout :-)

I'm not interested in the legality of your business, but I never refuse free beers.

Ive held a WP here for 10 years, employ 15 to 20 Thais depending on workload and im proud to say ive paid all relevant taxes and have run a legal buisiness here since inception.

I listen to all the bar stories of how people dont pay this or dont have that and havent had for years.

Me , im happy to sleep at night knowing im (and the company ) are totally legit and when the day comes that immigration or whoever wants to check my records I nothing to worry about.

I would appreciate if anyone wants to question my legality here they join me for a beer somewhere. My shout :-)

I'm not interested in the legality of your business, but I never refuse free beers.

It seems others maybe ,but sure i can shout you a beer .

Wont be in the car driving though , lol :-)

Below are a few occupations reserved for Thai's only. I would be surprised if your work did not involve one, or more, of these restricted occupations. Especially in relation to driving.

Labor work except labor work in fishing boats under the next category below.

Driving motor vehicles or vehicles which do not use machinery or mechanical devices, except piloting international aircraft.

Front shop sale.

Auction sale work

Brokerage or agency except in international trading

Professional civil engineering concerning design and calculation, systemization, analysis, planning, testing, construction supervision, or consulting services, excluding work requiring specialized techniques.

Hawking of goods

Clerical or secretarial work.

Get your facts straight, i never have and never will compare the OP to a TST

I was comparing to your quote of a company called MNC

MNC as MultiNational Corporation. I wrote "for an MNC" not "for MNC" nor "for an MNC branch".

Oh, you native English speakers.. you always seem to need assistance with the language ;)

And as this topic has wildly gone where no thread has gone before. Do you know if it's possible to hire Chang girls to serve at private party and how much would it cost for an evening? That could be a fun thing to do if friends from back home visits the island.