Thailand's first female PM skewered by courts and family ties

" ... maintained the dignity of her office and displayed humanity rather than arrogance while under great pressure. "

Unfortunately, that wasn't entirely the case. The arrogance surfaced when she became known for calling into question the Constitutional Court and the National Anti-Corruption Commission, by not cooperating with them, stalling the process, and simply not showing up. And those are the things that unfortunately leave a lasting impression. But to be sure, she had horrible advice - from her " cabinet " from her " lawyers " and from Thaksin. She was a prime minister surrounded by male minders, and from the moment she entered office never quite convinced that she was the captain of her own ship.

Given that her chance of getting a fair hearing was roughly nil, not dignifying the coup-stacked NACC and CC with much respect was probably the correct move, especially if the second shoe drops and the game moves beyond mere talk.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I remember YL was one of the two PMILF's in the world, the other was Ukrainian PM. The moral of the story..figure it out.

Well, you would certainly be right in leaving Julia Gillard and Angela Merkel out of consideration

• Like 1

She has been a far better PM than anyone from the opposing side...ever.

Care to expand on that, maybe use the rice policy as an example 555!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Hahahahahahaha!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Just for the fun of it... Name a PM from your side (as you and lot like to categorize ppl) that have accomplished what you consider tremendous achievements.

I'm not saying you can't but would like to see some comparisons.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Prime Minister citizen Ms Yingluck, Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister citizen Surapong Tovichakchaikul, Deputy Prime Minister citizen Pracha Promnok, Deputy Prime Minister citizen Plodprasop Surasawadi, Deputy Prime Minister and Finance Minister citizen Kittirat Na Ranong, PM's Office Minister citizen Santi Prompat, Deputy Defence Minister citizen Yutthasak Sasiprapa, Deputy Agriculture and Cooperatives Minister citizen Siriwat Kachornprasart, Information and Communications Minister citizen Anudith Nakonthap and Labour Minister citizen Chalerm Yubamrung

What a joy to strike through those government titles that the holders were never qualified for. No more government cars, drivers, expense accounts, staff, honor, power, ability to abuse the country. The icing on the cake will be a five year political ban for each and every one of them. Thaksin is now playing his games with second string talent, which, judging from his first string, are probably more incompetent than most people you would meet on the street. This is a great day for justice and a great day for Thailand.

Pity that in the 30 months or so this excellent PM reigned, she actually never found the way to attend a parliament session or was able to answer any question herself. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

This party which you want to see eradicated absolutely - it does happen to be supported by rather a lot of Thais. Would you wish to see them eradicated as well? I will take it as given that you don't think they should be allowed to vote!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Isn't that the suthep way ?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thing is if I was to leave here then only mix with English speakers. My thai would deteriorate.

Same for some friends who done their masters in London .

Some who work with fallang s here keep their English brushed up.

And some who only work around thais speak to me in thai.

For example sorayort on CH3 breakfast I believe don't speak a word. After watching his interview with the breitling team.

However the lady on thai PBS who I haven't seen for a while has impeccable English.

Mr thaksins English is very good..

Everyone is different

When someone forgets words because of extended periods away from the language then one can forgive the person for forgetting. When one cannot articulate responses and has completely incorrect grammar and sentence flow as shown here "please ask for the many of the group of the people" then that highlights the person was never a fluent speaker of English.

To do not a diploma, not a degree, but a Masters of Business Management one needs to have some pretty sound English skills. The foundations of which are never forgotten. Words are, Structure isn't. This is a women that was unable to do a agree in America with the skills she had.

One can forget to say Welcome, but to replace with "Overcome" is not forgetting the language. It is not being taught the language.

She did a 2 year agree in America and not once did she hear "Welcome"?

To do reports, exams, thessis's and all the other responsibilities that a Masters ( not a hairdresser, not a degree, not a trade, not a diploma) degree requires one needs to be able to have a very very strong understanding of the language.

She doesn't. She didn't. She never has.

Edited by djjamie

I would not want to be Dr.Thaksin today. His blower will be ringing off the hook. Your bluddy amnesty and recompensation bill. Your 4am timing strategy. Your blooming invisible water pumps. You made me hire there morons. You made me do this bla bla bla. Do they even sell valium over in Dubai?

Just think, if it wasn't for his overwhelming greed and arrogance, he would still be the de facto PM. He'll be sorry, but only when it hits his wallet.

Out of likes (a big day!!) AND I LOVE THIS POST

Thing is if I was to leave here then only mix with English speakers. My thai would deteriorate.

Same for some friends who done their masters in London .

Some who work with fallang s here keep their English brushed up.

And some who only work around thais speak to me in thai.

For example sorayort on CH3 breakfast I believe don't speak a word. After watching his interview with the breitling team.

However the lady on thai PBS who I haven't seen for a while has impeccable English.

Mr thaksins English is very good..

Everyone is different

When someone forgets words because of extended periods away from the language then one can forgive the person for forgetting. When one cannot articulate responses and has completely incorrect grammar and sentence flow as shown here

then that highlights the person was never a fluent speaker of English.

To do not a diploma, not a degree, but a Masters of Business Management one needs to have some pretty sound English skills. The foundations of which are never forgotten. Words are, Structure isn't. This is a women that was unable to do a agree in America with the skills she had.

One can forget to say Welcome, but to replace with "Overcome" is not forgetting the language. It is not being taught the language.

She did a 2 year agree in America and not once did she hear "Welcome"?

To do reports, exams, thessis's and all the other responsibilities that a Masters ( not a hairdresser, not a degree, not a trade, not a diploma) degree requires one needs to be able to have a very very strong understanding of the language.

She doesn't. She didn't. She never has.

You make some good points mate.

On a lighter note.

Maybe she's cleverer than we think !

What she meant was to Hillary.

Your old man lost his job over cum !

We'll never know

• Like 1

agree, she was a great PM and really suprised me, i didnt expect she could step up but she did.

her standout and defining moment, apart from her excellent election campaign, was how she handled the protesters. patiently she waited them out, eventually they lost supporters every week and finally there was hardly any left.

compare that to Abhisit and Suthep who gave the order for live ammunition .... and killed almost a hundred.

also the way she dealt with some pretty ugly, fanatical, hate filled opposition groups in the public.... when she responded it was with grace, dignity, unlike the ugliness from her opponents. and im sure some of that will be on display again in the responses to this post.

anyhow, well done Yingluck....

Copy PASTE ... is that all you can do?

• Like 2

Regardless of Politics she is a very attractive woman.

Irrelevant.

Irrelevant.

Can i join in too-Irrelevant,but i bet you would not turn her down on a dark and stormy night?

Well as they say sloppy seconds aint great and neither are you. JINTHING has far more taste than this money whore. You should know who you are commenting to before commenting.

Yingluck Shin will always be remember as the 1st lady PM of Thailand.

The one with sexy white legs.

I suspect some posters on here are going to be crying into their Yingluck pillowcases long into the night. sad.png

earning a master's degree in business administration in the United States

All I ask is can anyone tell me how you get a Masters Degree in an English speaking university when you can't speak English?

​I cannot even order McDonalds for home delivery due to my poor Thai language skills, but she can get a masters degree in America..

She is a fraud unless one can explain to me how she did it...

Yinluck spoke very good english, she has a slight American accent but I do not hold that against her.

More lies from Mr 15.

Dr bruce? you can join mooey tunes and PRBKK dumbo in the back of the class. GOOD ENGLISH? What would you know?

Edited by marcusd
  • Like 2

Yea very nice and 46 too,looks great,okay so not too much upstairs,but really you don't look at the mantlepeice whilst stoking the fire.

every thread relates to stoking yingliuck. I hope the sex predator police get you

Yingluck Shin will always be remember as the 1st lady PM of Thailand.

The one with sexy white legs.

I suspect some posters on here are going to be crying into their Yingluck pillowcases long into the night. sad.png

If we share the same pillowcases, why not.

agree, she was a great PM and really suprised me, i didnt expect she could step up but she did.

her standout and defining moment, apart from her excellent election campaign, was how she handled the protesters. patiently she waited them out, eventually they lost supporters every week and finally there was hardly any left.

compare that to Abhisit and Suthep who gave the order for live ammunition .... and killed almost a hundred.

also the way she dealt with some pretty ugly, fanatical, hate filled opposition groups in the public.... when she responded it was with grace, dignity, unlike the ugliness from her opponents. and im sure some of that will be on display again in the responses to this post.

anyhow, well done Yingluck....

Copy PASTE ... is that all you can do?

Killed nearly a hundred what a poor memory you have - 92 were killed MOST by red shirts - like the lady shopper In Lumpini killed by a red shirt grenade like the unarmed soldiers soldiers and the japanese reporter killed by Thaksins black shirts - do us all a favour and at least make your next red shirt post a bit believable!!!!!! Or has the rice scam fuddled your few remaining brain cells>?

• Like 1

Interesting that many find YS's looks irrelevant but when Thida of the UDD was on the red shirt rally stage some weeks back now, there were posts galore from the yellow loons. Wicked witch, ugly cow etc etc.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Another Taskin gone bring on the elections and have number 3 come on down and pick up the mantle. Bully boy big mouth Suthep has no chance. She did OK and I doubt she is in the slightest bit bothered by this out come.

Regardless of Politics she is a very attractive woman.

Irrelevant.

Irrelevant.

Can i join in too-Irrelevant,but i bet you would not turn her down on a dark and stormy night?
If I was single I would not turn her down on any night.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I can’t help thinking that Thai politicians are like 1970’s Italian sports cars. They arrive with lots of promise but swiftly fall apart when exposed to the real world. If that’s the case, then Shinawatra backed politicians are definitely the Alfa Romeos of politics. They’re externally pleasing to the eye and available to those on a limited budget. But, ultimately they’re just a collection of crooked parts all dressed up in an Armarni suit.

a puppet, a clown and an imcompetent

Kinda like a certain poster who has never provides solid argument to why he/she dislikes certain individuals. I wonder is that because of imcompetence or incompetence?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand