Hotel Booking Bangkok

It has been quite some time since I stayed in Bangkok & would ask is it better to book in advance through sites like Agoda, directly on the hotel website (prices I see so far are pretty much the same) or can you get a good deal at the airport after landing? Thanks in advance. Protests permitting I hope to be there next week on the 15th for 2 days.

The agoda app is your best bet for a good deal mate, I always use it and over the years have had some fantastic last minute deals from agoda.

Just returned from Hong Kong and as everyone knows hotels in Hong Kong are extremely expensive but the 2 weeks I was there I got some amazing deals from agoda that saved me lots of cash if I had booked directly on arrival with the hotels.

The agoda app will determine your destination automatically and continue to update and send latest deals almost hourly if you configure in settings and allow your current location.

Also got some amazing deals when all over Thailand including Bangkok.

Good luck.

It has been quite some time since I stayed in Bangkok & would ask is it better to book in advance through sites like Agoda, directly on the hotel website (prices I see so far are pretty much the same) or can you get a good deal at the airport after landing? Thanks in advance. Protests permitting I hope to be there next week on the 15th for 2 days.

Forget Agoda. You will get a shock when you see the real price of your room.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The agoda app is your best bet for a good deal mate, I always use it and over the years have had some fantastic last minute deals from agoda.

Just returned from Hong Kong and as everyone knows hotels in Hong Kong are extremely expensive but the 2 weeks I was there I got some amazing deals from agoda that saved me lots of cash if I had booked directly on arrival with the hotels.

The agoda app will determine your destination automatically and continue to update and send latest deals almost hourly if you configure in settings and allow your current location.

Good luck.

Did you not notice the extra tax added on to your room price. It was in the small print. The print was small as it is hoped you do not notice it.

I use Agoda, HotelClub, & hotels' websites to reserve at the best rates. I find that Agoda has a larger selection of hotels than HotelClub, but HotelClub has better rewards program. It allows me to redeem the rewards on my next booking, whereas Agoda requires me to reach a threshold before I can redeem.

I try to use several sites, including trip advisor, agoda, etc. I also check with the hotel directly. Sometimes, but not always, you can get the same rate, or better, by booking direct...and sometimes not.

We just booked a hotel with Agoda on Koh Chang. Decided to call the hotel directly to see what they could do. They said they couldn't match Agoda's prices. After I booked, I stumbled on the hotel's reservation page. Guess what. Same price as Agoda. Unbelievable.

I have never been charged more than the advertised price by agoda so I'm not sure where your coming from? No add on,s or anything so the price advertised is the price I pay.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Most hotels have exactly the same price across all the websites they are on. Some may look cheaper because of tax and service being added but generally you'll find the bottom line price the same. That's how these hotel sites always guarantee to have lowest available price.

If you are willing to take a punt, one of the exceptions to the above comment is to try a mystery hotel (available on Latestays/wotif/Asiawebdirect (all the same company). You can get very good savings and can often work out the actual hotel.

I have never been charged more than the advertised price by agoda so I'm not sure where your coming from? No add on,s or anything so the price advertised is the price I pay.

Your right in as much as you pay the final price shown, however they advertise at a certain price and then add on the VAT and service charges, whereas other companies have it all included and you pay what you see.

• Like 1

So you paid the first price that you were given? I don't think so, by the way, I like your user name.

I use Booking.com or Sawadee.com Agoda has hidden charges!!

Complete rubbish. Agoda doesn't have any hidden charges. After you have filled in your details, but before you even need to enter your credit card number, you'll see the full cost (including taxes) in the bottom right of the screen. I find Agoda to be usually slightly cheaper than Booking.com, Expedia or the others, plus with Agoda you get points for every booking which mean that every month or so I get a free night. But seeing as every hotel that uses Agoda or Booking.com or similar sites has to pay those companies a small fee for every night booked (generally a dollar or less), you can sometimes get a small discount (a dollar or less!) if you book through the hotel direct instead of Agoda.

maybe things have changed in this respect, but I had good luck booking a room fresh off the plane at the hotel counter in dm airport. anyone done it recently?

I tried that in CM once, the hotel was full when the taxi / Tuk Tuk got there, after booking at Airport, we ended up with a right run around CM....trying to find somewhere .... There was some convention going on in the area I wanted to be....bah.gifsad.png

Not sure how often you use Agoda but I use them quite often. On every room quote it states clear as day that the quoted rate does not include Vat and hotel service charges, no other hidden fees. I have seen this same procedure on other booking sites as well

Sawadee uses DCC or at least they used to do so. Quote in Baht, but then charge your card in your home currency. Underhand. Never used them again after that. Agoda, as mentioned doesn't stick to the headline price(though of course it's the bottom line that matters in the end.

I began to use AtSiam because there was none of that dodgy behaviour.

In the end I guess it's best to check all, as some my have exclusive deals. I got a very good deal with Agoda when going to Sydney.

Good luck.

Did you not notice the extra tax added on to your room price. It was in the small print. The print was small as it is hoped you do not notice it.

-----------------------

Complete nonsense.

I just booked a 3 star hotel on Sukhumvit for 7 days next month.

I am a long standing member of Agoda, and I can assure you the price I got was lower than the price I would have been asked by the same hotel for that same stay if I booked directly with the hotel.

And yes, I make it a point to look at the GOVERNMENT tax and the 10 % service charge added to the total cost which is always shown before the booking is completed on the Agoda website.

It's the 4 and 5 star tourist hotels that are to expensive for what you actually get and I don't use them anyhow.

But it's up to you what you want to use ..... I'm just telling you it is a myth that booking directly with the hotel is always cheaper than booking on-line with a booking service.

It hasn't been true for many years now, even if it once was some time ago.

The reason the big booking concerns can offer lower room rates is their room turnover rate assures them they can find a buyer for a hotel room where a hotel with a smaller room turnover rate can't.

For the big guys the fact is that with more potential buyers, the more eventual sales they make. That's why they can offer a slightly lower room rate.

Edited by IMA_FARANG

Good luck.

-----------------------

Complete nonsense.

I just booked a 3 star hotel on Sukhumvit for 7 days next month.

I am a long standing member of Agoda, and I can assure you the price I got was lower than the price I would have been asked by the same hotel for that same stay if I booked directly with the hotel.

And yes, I make it a point to look at the GOVERNMENT tax and the 10 % service charge added to the total cost which is always shown before the booking is completed on the Agoda website.

It's the 4 and 5 star tourist hotels that are to expensive for what you actually get and I don't use them anyhow.

But it's up to you what you want to use ..... I'm just telling you it is a myth that booking directly with the hotel is always cheaper than booking on-line with a booking service.

It hasn't been true for many years now, even if it once was some time ago.

The reason the big booking concerns can offer lower room rates is their room turnover rate assures them they can find a buyer for a hotel room where a hotel with a smaller room turnover rate can't.

For the big guys the fact is that with more potential buyers, the more eventual sales they make. That's why they can offer a slightly lower room rate.

In a hotel in Nakhon Sawan, Agoda charged 600+ Baht, and it was 400+ Baht without the booking. Using small print is done because it is hoped it will not be noticed. If that is not the case then why the small print?

Not sure how often you use Agoda but I use them quite often. On every room quote it states clear as day that the quoted rate does not include Vat and hotel service charges, no other hidden fees. I have seen this same procedure on other booking sites as well

Ask yourself this, why can't Agoda be upfront with you and just tell you the price you have to pay instead of plus this and plus that? Most other hotels do.

I just booked with Agoda, sure, the print is a bit small, but it's clearly stated the rate doesn't include a service fee or taxes, adding up to 17%. I compared the prices across 4 different booking engines, as well as the hotel directly. All the prices were the same. Booking.com showed the final price right up front, with small type saying all fees were included.

I ended up booking with Agoda, not sure why. And the page before entering in the credit card information showed the total price.

One thing I did notice, not all sites showed every option. One site showed a cheaper room type that wasn't available on the others. So shopping around does pay off.

I use Booking.com or Sawadee.com Agoda has hidden charges!!

Complete rubbish. Agoda doesn't have any hidden charges. After you have filled in your details, but before you even need to enter your credit card number, you'll see the full cost (including taxes) in the bottom right of the screen. I find Agoda to be usually slightly cheaper than Booking.com, Expedia or the others, plus with Agoda you get points for every booking which mean that every month or so I get a free night. But seeing as every hotel that uses Agoda or Booking.com or similar sites has to pay those companies a small fee for every night booked (generally a dollar or less), you can sometimes get a small discount (a dollar or less!) if you book through the hotel direct instead of Agoda.

A dollar or less commission? Are you living in the 19th century?

I always used to stay at the Nana hotel & would just telephone them for my booking. Around Sukhumvit is where I prefer to be but there is just one small thing about Nana which is they do not have in room safes. The security boxes they have at their reception are fine but no good for storing a laptop & the small annoyance of having to sign in & out everytime you want to access.

Another small problem for me is if booking online I do not have a credit card. I did send an email to Grand Swiss about this but no response although the location of that place is suitable. I am also thinking about Asia hotel because of easy access to skytrain.