Sometimes We Just Want To Have A Meal By Ourselves...

corkscrew

Kananga, I don't know your country of upbringing, but "pansy" is what insecure macho males accuse nonviolent males of being, in most English speaking countries. I think; how should I know? Now, a man who cooks like a woman would probably be called a pansy, because the patriarchy thinks women are supposed to do that (unless they make good money at it, in which case all the chefs have to be males).

I think that 'bloody' was a vulgar word that no English gentleman would have said in public before Elizabeth II was queen. Again, I don't know, because I'm not English, and I'm not a queen, either. :o

It seems that some of us can't express our own opinions without being criticized for not following the strict gender stereotyping of the macho impostors. Did you know that the actor John Wayne's name was really Marion?

If somebody will please check the sundial, it's either 2549 or 2006, and the Dark Ages are finished.

Now, shall we each go out and eat what food we enjoy, with those whose company we enjoy, without slagging each other off for the sin of having a varying opinion? Enjoy. :D

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's a 'bloody pansy'? I am begining to get the impression you are avoiding the question.

Neeranam would never try to avoid a question :o

BTW, you really don't want to know :D

Yes I do. So he has a habit of avoiding questions? I'm not surprised.

Its a bit like a Woofter or a Nancy Boy...........but not worth getting your 'Y Fronts' out of alignment.

:D:D

Kananga, I don't know your country of upbringing, but "pansy" is what insecure macho males accuse nonviolent males of being, in most English speaking countries. I think; how should I know? Now, a man who cooks like a woman would probably be called a pansy, because the patriarchy thinks women are supposed to do that (unless they make good money at it, in which case all the chefs have to be males).

What a heap of paranoid nonsense Peace Blondie. ALL males in my country call people who do feminine things 'pansies'. It is not an offensive remark.

pansy

A noun

1 fagot, faggot, fag, fairy, nance, pansy, queen, queer, poof, poove, pouf

offensive terms for an openly homosexual man

I got this definition but I don't think it's offensive - sorry if you take it as that.

I didn't realise both partners being able to cook was as important as both partners being able to have an intelligent conversation. Crap analagy. Anyway as my wife can both cook and talk I can only assume that others will take offence with your 'funning'

The analogy, man you're spelling is bad, was between a woman who can't write and a woman who can't cook. What is more important? Your wife/gf can't cook western food, my wife can't speak English. You feel sorry for me, I feel sorry for you.

I think that 'bloody' was a vulgar word that no English gentleman would have said in public before Elizabeth II was queen. Again, I don't know, because I'm not English, and I'm not a queen, either. :D

It seems that some of us can't express our own opinions without being criticized for not following the strict gender stereotyping of the macho impostors. Did you know that the actor John Wayne's name was really Marion?

If somebody will please check the sundial, it's either 2549 or 2006, and the Dark Ages are finished.

Now, shall we each go out and eat what food we enjoy, with those whose company we enjoy, without slagging each other off for the sin of having a varying opinion? Enjoy. :D

Thanks for posting this statement :o

I was thinking the same!

I am a male Chef but I feel like a queen when my wife likes my home cooked food!

Gerd

What a heap of paranoid nonsense Peace Blondie. ALL males in my country call people who do feminine things 'pansies'. It is not an offensive remark.

pansy

A noun

1 fagot, faggot, fag, fairy, nance, pansy, queen, queer, poof, poove, pouf

offensive terms for an openly homosexual man

I got this definition but I don't think it's offensive - sorry if you take it as that.

I didn't realise both partners being able to cook was as important as both partners being able to have an intelligent conversation. Crap analagy. Anyway as my wife can both cook and talk I can only assume that others will take offence with your 'funning'

The analogy, man you're spelling is bad, was between a woman who can't write and a woman who can't cook. What is more important? Your wife/gf can't cook western food, my wife can't speak English. You feel sorry for me, I feel sorry for you.

Whoever said my wife can't cook western food???? My spelling is indeed atrcious at times, but dude get your eyes tested. Or stop making shit up.

Time to back down for all involved, ok?

We are not going to have a flame fest here. This will be the only public warning. Any problems you have with each other you have to solve in private.

Suits me, I just wanted a straight answer without personal insults.

Sometimes we farangs need a meal home by ourselves. We have our own favorite foods that we know how to cook...OK it may not be haute cuisine...but, we like it. I like spaghetti from Italy and a sauce from Cambells (spicy with garlic and basil).

Sometimes Thai food leaves me wanting.

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Yikes, I didn't want this to turn into a firefight. I just meant that sometimes I'll boil water and take a can opener to a tin of tomato sauce if I am in the mood for a simple one course meal. I have even been know to fry an egg in the morning.

Sometimes we farangs need a meal home by ourselves. We have our own favorite foods that we know how to cook...OK it may not be haute cuisine...but, we like it. I like spaghetti from Italy and a sauce from Cambells (spicy with garlic and basil).

HOW ABOUT YOU?

Yikes, I didn't want this to turn into a firefight. I just meant that sometimes I'll boil water and take a can opener to a tin of tomato sauce if I am in the mood for a simple one course meal. I have even been know to fry an egg in the morning.

Or, if I am really lazy...

HOW ABOUT YOU?

I printed off this pic that was included in the above subsequently edited original post and showed it to my dogs:

post-9122-1150117959_thumb.jpg

The one that normally eats anything just threw up at the very sight before legging it, yelping hysterically; his Mrs is cowering under the car having just shat herself... :o

HOW ABOUT YOU?

I printed off this pic that was included in the above subsequently edited original post and showed it to my dogs:

post-9122-1150117959_thumb.jpg

The one that normally eats anything just threw up at the very sight before legging it, yelping hysterically; his Mrs is cowering under the car having just shat herself... :o

Show them the oysters!

Yeah, I still find I'm adjusting slightly to the whole "always sharing food" culture - for example the other day my girlfriend and I went out for some Italian food and, to the slight bemusement of the staff, we ordered two main courses and asked for two smaller plates to share the communal dishes from. Not the norm for farrang food and the staff didn't quite manage it (I think we had only one small plate between us) but the meal and occasion was quite fun.

Conversely, if I've just made myself a big sandwich and I'm about to bite into my proud creation, only to have to check back and break it up to share with the expectant Thai person sitting next to me, it kind of takes the edge off it slightly for me.

When I would date a women, I would always ask myself "Will I have something to talk to this person about 25 years from now?" Perhaps if you guys applied the same standard, you might have enjoyed more stimulating conversation.

What if the Thai woman said this?

Many of the guys I see coming to thailand and getting hitched won't be able to talk in 25 years.

The age half of them are, it's questionable if they'll be able to do anything in 25 years time, bar pushing up daisies. Hence, they should pack it all in while they can still walk, talk and fandango with the mia.