Uniform creates agression?

petedk

I am not defending the guard's actions, but I see all the time beggars and solicitors being chased off the BTS platforms. Guards and employees in Thailand usually don't take power into their own hands unless it has been directed from above to enforce some problems and rules. Sure the guard over-reacted.. just sayin..

I am not defending the guard's actions, but I see all the time beggars and solicitors being chased off the BTS platforms. Guards and employees in Thailand usually don't take power into their own hands unless it has been directed from above to enforce some problems and rules. Sure the guard over-reacted.. just sayin..

I was thinking the same thing. The same guard may have been running this kid off for the last 10 years. It does get old, having to enforce the same law with the same offender repeatedly. The fact is, YOU may like the music, and they kid may not be be rude or obnox-noise, but if he were not run off, soon all the cripple-exploitation rings would be trucking women they have broken up, women deposited on the overpass, with a poor kid to make them look more pathetic, just to squeeze a baht from YOU, soft-hearted. Remember those days? Lot of that, 15 years ago when you got here.

I was thinking the same thing. The same guard may have been running this kid off for the last 10 years. It does get old, having to enforce the same law with the same offender repeatedly. The fact is, YOU may like the music, and they kid may not be be rude or obnox-noise, but if he were not run off, soon all the cripple-exploitation rings would be trucking women they have broken up, women deposited on the overpass, with a poor kid to make them look more pathetic, just to squeeze a baht from YOU, soft-hearted. Remember those days? Lot of that, 15 years ago when you got here.

blink.png

Some surprising comments. The humanity!

I just hope for the guard's sake the lad doesn't have a large father and many brothers.

Luckily for him they're probably still in Cambodia.

Last night I experienced something that really shocked me.

I have lived in Thailand for 15 years and love this country. I admire how people often talk their way out of problems with the authorities as long as they keep calm and stay friendly.

I was walking along the skywalk from Central Lad Prao to the MRT and there was a young schoolboy sitting and playing a flute. Quite a lot of people put money in the small box in front of him. Suddenly just as I passed him I saw a security guard run up to him and without warning punched him in the face. This poor kid was probably about 15 years old and didn't see the guard coming. The guard then placed one arm around the boy's neck and proceeded to punch him. He released him and took the box with the money. He then grabbed him again and tried to drag him away , still punching him in the face and body. The boy didn't fight back.

I was told by my Thai friends just to ignore the situation and walk away. Unfortuneately the battery in my mobile was flat so I couldn't film the episode.

I really couldn't believe that a fully grown man could attack a young innocent kid in that way.

Most the times chance are they knew each other probably some payback. Very weird that a security guard to enforce their authority that far

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app