NACC indicts Yingluck, asks Senate to impeach her as PM

webfact

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Can you impeach an ex-PM?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Wouldn't that be like drinking the same bottle of beer twice?

Impeachment does not just mean removal from office. It is also the formal process in which an official is accused of unlawful activity, and can result in criminal or civil punishment. I think people aren't clear about that distinction.

This dirt will never see a day in jail. Sad but true.

Jail for what?

Thumping the Democrats in an election?

Yingluck is far and away the cleanest, least corrupt PM this nation has ever seen.

I assume you have not been here for a long time with that silly statement.

As the old saying goes...."FOB".....fresh off he boat

• Like 1

This dirt will never see a day in jail. Sad but true.

Jail for what?

Thumping the Democrats in an election?

Yingluck is far and away the cleanest, least corrupt PM this nation has ever seen.

Corruption under the tutelage of her brother.

PS are you suggesting she is cleaner than Thaksin?

I like it...

But....but.... Suthep, Abhisit..........what about their crimes of genocide?facepalm.gif

As long as you feel happy with yourself joking about the deaths of 96 people by referring to a genocide, feel free. I'm just glad I'm not you.

Well and Taksin with is 3000 extrajudicial murders enjoy great life in DUBAI...............

• Like 1

On the surface it may look like justice handed out from a stable jurisdiction. It's not that I disagree with the outcome. But then again, I ask myself how stable is the system if the outcome only benefits the next generation of untouchables who will rob the country in the future?

• Like 2

I like it...

But....but.... Suthep, Abhisit..........what about their crimes of genocide?facepalm.gif

I think the answer is "What crimes of genocide?". Agreed there are pending charges, if they are ever brought to trial.

Well, now that the NACC have finished their job with YL, they should have plenty of time for Suthep. Will he be indicted in 21 days, too?

Fat chance.

EDIT: Btw, those of you partying because Cinderella has been spanked, just you wait and see the fat dragon sister rearing her head when election time comes around.

And in short time after she has also continued the Shinawatra lawless, incompetent and corrupt traits she can also follow the same due process to Dubai.

Their are claims that the NACC are corrupt, bias agency that are abusing their powers. Most people wouldn't disagree with that assessment.

Once the dust is settled, hopefully justice is served to the members of this group and they go behind bars.

......................................."Most people wouldn't disagree with that assessment."............................................

Who are you to make this ridiculous statement ? Apart from being the latest pest on TV trying to make a name for himself.

Justice is being served right now, and the corrupt and dishonest PTP crooks are not enjoying the taste of it one little bit.

...and No, Moo, you don't speak for me either...!

If you really want to know how many people think specific agencies are corrupt, biased and abusing their power, try asking people what they think of of the CAPO and DSI...!

I do, however, agree with you that justice should be served once the dust has settled, and that all of the PTP thieves should end up behind bars...!

• Like 1

Wow! A lot of cheer & happiness from the yellow cheer-leading squad. Have your days of gloating because you know you've only got until the next election to enjoy this. After that another Thaksin party will be in power & you will be back to whinging, whining and watching the perennial loser Dems throwing their toys out of the opposition benches.

I personally don't care much about the "Dems" and about that "yellow squad" that is in your imagination. I just hope that whoever will be at next government, no matter how many votes they get at the election, will go to jail if their practices are corrupted, break the law, or abuse power.

Edited by MGP
  • Like 2

So now we have the Prime Minister position that can be taken away if the incumbant fails to stop corruption. In future they will not have to prove that any corruption has taken place or name the people who have been corrupt.

Seems like there will never be a stable government in Thailand again.

Isn't it more of "Chose to deliberately ignore (encourage) corruption." rather than fail to stop. If the verdict and charge is fair, if she had done anything to stem the tide or even tried, then there wouldn't have been a charge.

Of course that's assuming the charge is valid, which it seems to be since the defence seems to have been "it's not my fault. I wanted to do the right thing. I just didn't believe there was any corruption in the rice program so didn't think there was anything to do. Everyone one else was just jealous of our success."

All in all, it's a right mess. It's better to be optimistic that things will improve in the future.

I like it...

Genocide

These spins accusations get better every day

before long they will be be blamed for the extermination of the whole Northern thai species

Off to The Hague with them, for "crimes against humanity"!

:P

• Like 1

Why has it taken so long for all this to eventuate? Yingluck, sister of Taskin who fled the country and it being theorized that she takes his comments under advisement. Are the Thai people so naive as to jeopardize their country over some "promised" payment to vote a certain way?

Perhaps we can use... dereliction of duty under Section 157 of the Criminal Court and Negligence of duty under the Commission Act BA 2542 for other things... such as the rights of non thai people living in Thailand

It would be great when or if, Thailand stops being a racist country, by allowing the Foreigners the same rights as foreign countries give to Thai residents living, working and raising families living in their countries... smile.png

Edited by thhMan
  • Like 2

Here's where it all comes crashing down, thanks to the recent senate elections.

The coup clowns don't have the required 3/5 of the senate vote.

There will be no impeachment.

With the Senate being 49% appointed by the Ammart the numbers are very close with slightly more than 60% favouring the old-guard.

Thailand needs reform and the first reform should be an elected senate.

No, Thailand' senate should be 100% appointed as is Canada's.

Yes. Someone else sees the light!!!!

• Like 1

Can you impeach an ex-PM?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Wouldn't that be like drinking the same bottle of beer twice?

Yeah, but even if you die laughing when drinking beer, you can come back 3 times... that's a Thai tradtion, even Buddhist belief, but little miss even fkd that one up in court and said you can't come back from death. Shows how much she really knows about Thailand, after spending all that time in the States and learning to speaky Engish. 555 biggrin.png

Edited by Thaiisnotrequired
  • Like 1

With the Senate being 49% appointed by the Ammart the numbers are very close with slightly more than 60% favouring the old-guard.

tell me who is the Ammart

I think I met him. He drives a cab in Bangkok. His name is Ammart, or something like that. If I had known who he was at the time I would have asked him to stop for a beer and a chat.

• Like 1

I like it...

You apparently do not know what the word "genocide" means.

And, it would seem, you don't appreciate post-9891-0-87173600-1399547256_thumb.jp E.

• Like 2

Well, now that the NACC have finished their job with YL, they should have plenty of time for Suthep. Will he be indicted in 21 days, too?

Fat chance.

EDIT: Btw, those of you partying because Cinderella has been spanked, just you wait and see the fat dragon sister rearing her head when election time comes around.

"EDIT: Btw, those of you partying because Cinderella has been spanked, just you wait and see the fat dragon sister rearing her head when election time comes around."

that is a valid point.....

Very valid!! attachicon.gifwappa.jpg

She'll never get the votes to be PM no matter who she rears her head on.

No, Thailand' senate should be 100% appointed as is Canada's.

Appointed by who? Therein lies the problem. It might work in a forward thinking country like Canada, but this is thailand, where every single level of govt/law is corrupt and self serving.

I think there should be an election whereby the parties propose what changes they want to make to the country by way of reform ... the party that wins gets the mandate to change what they proposed ... the way democracy is supposed to work. Of course this won't work for any one but PTP .... simply because no one else has the numbers ...

Time for Marky to quit hiding in the shadows and start putting forward the reforms he intends to make so he had a chance to sell it to the public before the next election which will otherwise inevitably return PTP to power ... Until the next judicial coup

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Ousted Yingluck To Be Re-Ousted By Senate, NACC Rules

By Khaosod English

13995431791399543214l.jpg

BANGKOK — Ex-Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has been indicted for corruption charges in connection with the government's rice-pledging scheme, paving the way for the Senate to impeach her.

In an unanimous 7-0 vote on Thursday, the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) ruled that Ms. Yingluck was aware of massive corruption in the government’s controversial rice program, but refused to put an end to it.

The offence amounts to an abuse of bureaucratic power, as outlined in Thailand’s Criminal Codes, the NACC ruled..

The case will now head to the Senate, who will decide on whether or not to impeach Ms. Yingluck and ban her from political office for the next five years. An affirmative vote would effectively rule out the possibility of Ms. Yingluck running in the next general election, which is scheduled to take place on 20 July. It would also open Ms. Yingluck up to being sued in Criminal Court for the damages caused by the rice program’s corruption.

The controversial rice-pledging scheme was intended to bring in more revenue for Thailand’s rice farmers, but backfired dramatically, causing the government to lose billions of baht and fail to pay farmers on schedule.

It is unclear when the Senate will convene to proceed with the impeachment against Ms. Yingluck.

The NACC's ruling came only a day after Ms. Yingluck was found guilty by the Constitutional Court of unlawfully removing the National Security Council (NSC) director, and subsequently removed from her caretaker position.

Source: http://en.khaosod.co.th/detail.php?newsid=1399543179

kse.png

-- Khaosod English 2014-05-08

The controversial rice-pledging scheme was intended to bring in more revenue for Thailand’s rice farmers, but backfired dramatically, causing the government to lose billions of baht and fail to pay farmers on schedule.

---------------------------------

Wonderful understatement to conflates 100's of billions of baht with mere billions. Technically a correct statement. I'm surprised they didn't go with "lose many baht" or "lose several baht". Perhaps it would have been too obvious.

PS. The rice program should have lost money, that's what a subsidy is, however it should have been an order of magnitude smaller. Losing billions or 10's of billions instead of 100's of billions.

For all those gloating over the demise of Yingluck, I still see no transparency in the way in which justice is dispensed in this country. The NACC votes 'unanimously' to indict her but who knows what the evidence is outside of those on the NACC? Why are all the proceedings of the courts and administrative bodies so secretive?

Abhisit has been indicted for murder. Suthep, as well. An indictment doesn't equate to guilt. And for Yingluck being tried by the Senate which is an 50% 'appointed' body certainly doesn't bode well for an unbiased decision. As the Senate is a 'political' body, the outcome is guaranteed to be political - up or down.

Let there be elections! Let the will of the people be known! If the Democrats don't have the spine to stand in the next elections, so be it. Thailand needs politicians with more fortitude that the constant whining I hear from them. And if the PTP is finished, then the people will be able to show this as well.

From the news that I'm getting from the plain folk in Issan... they are quite happy she is gone.

• Like 1