Just been to Pattaya for a visit

ryro88

Well, I walked into Central and took of the suit in a bathroom and packed it in a carry bag just in case, as predicted by our doomsayers, the building fell down and I needed it to climb out of the rubble or survive until rescue. Bases covered!

LOL. I remember the long running thread back in early 2009 about the imminent collapse of Central Festival because people (members) could hear "noises" and shaking and saw columns in the basement with what looked like patched on reinforcements. Many members took this so seriously that they were too afraid to enter the building.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

n1-Labor1.jpg

I agree with most of what you write, but I still think the beach is not much to write home about. 15 meters of beach chairs followed by two meters of open beach is not exactly paradise. I take it the above is not a recent picture? I don't see the floating barriers they installed a couple of months ago.

• Like 1

n1-Labor1.jpg

I agree with most of what you write, but I still think the beach is not much to write home about. 15 meters of beach chairs followed by two meters of open beach is not exactly paradise.

You have to consider the whole Pattaya package. wink.png

Obviously, now, the beach has biases against certain people and so it treats them differently. If an old doomsayer walks near, it will immediately send a turd floating by to be the subject of a later indignant TV forum rant against The Great Satan: City Hall. City Hall is always wasting and stealing their flyspeck of tax paid.

But it likes the people in the picture, so it's treating them well enough to make up for the lack of space.

I take it the above is not a recent picture? I don't see the floating barriers they installed a couple of months ago.

Well, the barriers must have been pasted over in the photoshopping of all the non-existent swimmers and beachgoers.

http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/beaches-and-resorts-fill-up-on-labor-day-37419

Well, the barriers must have been pasted over in the photoshopping of all the non-existent swimmers and beachgoers.

LOL. Having gone out bar hopping to several gogo bars this week with a visiting friend I can state with certainty that no one has photoshopped the girls into the bars - they are stocked full to the rafters with fine specimens.. and friendly ones too. I don't know where the OP hangs out, but if you go top shelf the scene is as good as I've ever seen it. My friend had no problems finding some great gals. They are not cheap though, but I reckon you've always got to pay for quality.

Edited by tropo
  • Like 1

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Pattaya-to-extend-beach-in-bid-to-lure-tourists-30233410.html

If they ever finish extending the beach people will have to find something else to complain about.

To extend the three-km beachfront to the eventual 35-metre width, will take 36,000 cubic metres of sand at a cost of Bt430 million. The first 15 metres of the new beach would involve a sandbag wall to serve as an embankment, while the remaining 20 metres would be of sand.The new beachfront will stretch for 2.7-km and cover around 60 rai, stretching from North, Central to South Pattaya beaches, Itthiphol said........................................................

LOL. Having gone out bar hopping to several gogo bars this week with a visiting friend I can state with certainty that no one has photoshopped the girls into the bars - they are stocked full to the rafters with fine specimens.. and friendly ones too. I don't know where the OP hangs out, but if you go top shelf the scene is as good as I've ever seen it. My friend had no problems finding some great gals. They are not cheap though, but I reckon you've always got to pay for quality.

Living here long time allows for a few freebies, gal waiting for tilak to come back, getts horny and GERONIMO

I live in the bush and get down to Patts a couple of times a year (although I did live there for 6 months once) and I love it, especially the last 5 years with the numbers of tourists dropping off leaves more room and choice for those that do want to go. Once you know the place you can avoid the scams and the places and people that aren't so attractive to having a good time.

I think some people don't realise that all places change, OK, granted it can be sometimes for the worse and sometimes for the better.

I'm going back to London in August for the first time in 5 years so it wil be interesting to see the changes there ...

Your money, your choice ...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Good god, you should write a novel mate. You have obviously found something to do... Hope your chair is comfortable whistling.gif

True life is what you make it but Pattaya has numerous open ditches in sidewalks and roads, smog, you walk the beach and your feet are black, garbage everywhere, smelly open drains and crazy drivers. Not to mention baht busses have gotten even crazier and clearly passenger safety is irrelevant. So pattaya has air quality issues, water issue , smelly and garbage everywhere.
All the above is true but I return because of some of the people, restaurants and clubs. Those are diminishing daily as well. Just an honest assessment ....

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Yep, nowadays nobody can walk without falling into an open ditch or drain, avoid breathing, survive w/ black feet, dodge the garbage piled everywhere as well as the crazy drivers, ride a baht bus, and find any people of interest or a decent restaurant or club (which, fortunately, are diminishing daily). It's just INTOLERABLE.

Hence the city's nearly deserted. Last weekend, for example, a major holiday, it looked like a bombed out, abandoned Chernobyl w/ just a few radioactive Russian zombies wandering around.

The Solution

Decided to have lunch at Central yesterday but--how to get there safely? Fortunately, after reading this thread and realizing how truly horrible conditions have become in the cesspool (just in the last six months, though they had been building up), I had purchased my very own hazmat suit.

I can now highly recommend such to all visitors to Pattaya now, such as the OP. Come on back to Pattaya, man!

Saint-Gobain-OneSuitPro-220.jpg

Finally, I could breathe the toxic Pattaya air safely! It was just like that clean Bangkok air the OP prefers. smile.png

On my way, I crawled in and out of the countless open ditches and drains easily, not like before when I always sprained my ankles. The horrific stench over the entire city didn't bother me a bit! I also crawled over and walked around all the mountains of garbage everywhere--on the streets, the sidewalks, the promenade. And the hordes of rats constantly patrolling seemed positively afraid of my bright orange. Similarly the crazy drivers and baht buses could now see me clearly and detoured around--so none of those usual near death experiences. Of course they still had no consideration at all for their passengers. Disgusting!

Just before walking into Central, I walked over to the horrible polluted beach with its sewage floating everywhere and trash piles. No longer was I concerned about getting my feet black, one of the worst things that can happen 'cause it's permanent. Think: there you are with a lovely in Soi 6 and she sees those black feet! Big turnoff. What you gonna say?

Well, I walked into Central and took of the suit in a bathroom and packed it in a carry bag just in case, as predicted by our doomsayers, the building fell down and I needed it to climb out of the rubble or survive until rescue. Bases covered!

If only more would purchase such suits, tourism would at last revive in DYING PATTAYA. You'd see people on the deserted streets once again.

Speaking of people, the most annoying thing is all these fake pics around that purport to show tourists and residents enjoying this city. Amazing what they can do w/ Photoshop these days. Like this last week in the Pattaya Mail:

n1-Labor1.jpg

Can you believe that nonsense? It's like all those CGI warriors swelling the fantasy armies of The Lord Of The Rings. All our wiser-than-thou members know that there's no beach. Nobody can swim. And they've cut-and-pasted in that blue sky and the buildings, as in truth the horrible smog prevents them from ever being seen.

Chant the mantra: there's no reason to come to Pattaya. (The new promenade was the last nail in the coffin.) As I said earlier, that Labor Day weekend, there were only a few radioactive Russian zombies wandering around.

All that TAT propaganda, swelling the Pattaya tourist numbers with Cambodians! SO annoying.

Still, I can somehow continue residing happily in the cesspool now. Doomsayers! Your burdens are eased. biggrin.png

Good god, you should write a novel mate. You have obviously found something to do... Hope your chair is comfortable whistling.gif

Yep, nowadays nobody can walk without falling into an open ditch or drain, avoid breathing, survive w/ black feet, dodge the garbage piled everywhere as well as the crazy drivers, ride a baht bus, and find any people of interest or a decent restaurant or club (which, fortunately, are diminishing daily). It's just INTOLERABLE.

Hence the city's nearly deserted. Last weekend, for example, a major holiday, it looked like a bombed out, abandoned Chernobyl w/ just a few radioactive Russian zombies wandering around.

The Solution

Decided to have lunch at Central yesterday but--how to get there safely? Fortunately, after reading this thread and realizing how truly horrible conditions have become in the cesspool (just in the last six months, though they had been building up), I had purchased my very own hazmat suit.

I can now highly recommend such to all visitors to Pattaya now, such as the OP. Come on back to Pattaya, man!

Saint-Gobain-OneSuitPro-220.jpg

Finally, I could breathe the toxic Pattaya air safely! It was just like that clean Bangkok air the OP prefers. smile.png

On my way, I crawled in and out of the countless open ditches and drains easily, not like before when I always sprained my ankles. The horrific stench over the entire city didn't bother me a bit! I also crawled over and walked around all the mountains of garbage everywhere--on the streets, the sidewalks, the promenade. And the hordes of rats constantly patrolling seemed positively afraid of my bright orange. Similarly the crazy drivers and baht buses could now see me clearly and detoured around--so none of those usual near death experiences. Of course they still had no consideration at all for their passengers. Disgusting!

Just before walking into Central, I walked over to the horrible polluted beach with its sewage floating everywhere and trash piles. No longer was I concerned about getting my feet black, one of the worst things that can happen 'cause it's permanent. Think: there you are with a lovely in Soi 6 and she sees those black feet! Big turnoff. What you gonna say?

If only more would purchase such suits, tourism would at last revive in DYING PATTAYA. You'd see people on the deserted streets once again.

Speaking of people, the most annoying thing is all these fake pics around that purport to show tourists and residents enjoying this city. Amazing what they can do w/ Photoshop these days. Like this last week in the Pattaya Mail:

n1-Labor1.jpg

Can you believe that nonsense? It's like all those CGI warriors swelling the fantasy armies of The Lord Of The Rings. All our wiser-than-thou members know that there's no beach. Nobody can swim. And they've cut-and-pasted in that blue sky and the buildings, as in truth the horrible smog prevents them from ever being seen.

Chant the mantra: there's no reason to come to Pattaya. (The new promenade was the last nail in the coffin.) As I said earlier, that Labor Day weekend, there were only a few radioactive Russian zombies wandering around.

All that TAT propaganda, swelling the Pattaya tourist numbers with Cambodians! SO annoying.

Still, I can somehow continue residing happily in the cesspool now. Doomsayers! Your burdens are eased. biggrin.png

Piece o' cake. Did you read the 2014 Songkran FAQ? Some stories just take longer to tell--tell right--than others. It's covering all the bases, while having a good laugh, for our many haters and doomsayers. smile.png

Edited by JSixpack

ok you made your provocative point, now off you go back to the classy sophisticated locations of Patpong, Soi cowboy, and nana plaza, and remember you need to be home by midnight

Bloody hell a lot of TV members really taking the post to heart. I'm not here to troll just because it's no longer attractive to me doesn't mean others don't enjoy it, I was only posting my opinion on the place no need to take it to heart!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Was last in Pattaya a month ago after an absence of three months, thought all seemed to be on the up and up, with plenty of investment and development going on. Pattaya still has its faults like anywhere else, but basically i don't think it will change its ways for a while yet.

Bangkok and Pattaya are very different but great places to be, Pattaya is just a lot more affordable than Bangkok.

Yes, everything is wonderful: no crime, no air pollution, no water pollution, no rip offs, no crowds, no traffic jams, no bad people (all charming, five-star types), no corruption, wonderful policepersons who are always there if you need one (but you will never need one because there is no crime), modern infrastructure and the beaches are all prestine. And if you do not believe me about the beaches, check this out:

post-110622-0-62893500-1402386759_thumb.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yes, everything is wonderful: no crime, no air pollution, no water pollution, no rip offs, no crowds, no traffic jams, no bad people (all charming, five-star types), no corruption, wonderful policepersons who are always there if you need one (but you will never need one because there is no crime), modern infrastructure and the beaches are all prestine. And if you do not believe me about the beaches, check this out:

PRISTINE BEACHES.jpg

Bloody hell, that's GROSS!

Worse than I've ever seen it. Is that a recent picture??

I like Pattaya. I guess if you compare it to the UK it's great . . . If you compare it to Pattaya in the past its not so great.

No one likes price rises and less smiles but that splitting hairs when you think back home.

Have to say though Thai people are looking awfully grumpy these days, I always give a big warm smile but ore and more just confronted with a blank faced 'Mehhh' Kind of response.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

PRISTINE BEACHES.jpg

Bloody hell, that's GROSS!

Worse than I've ever seen it. Is that a recent picture??

I am not sure when that picture was taken, but I think within the past six months (I was not the person who took that pic). The waters are horribly polluted with all kinds of contaiminants.

The Pattaya haters do make me laugh.

Of course I appreciate that they're different with important and highly paid jobs, as are their HiSo wives, but you know, to everyone else the world over, they're all probably regarded as degenerate sexpats

As far as I am concerned if Pattaya wasn't a complete sleazepit, then why the hell would I want to be there? wouldn't be much fun would it?

• Like 1