Ratchaburi Monk Protests 'Lack of Donations'

Lite Beer

There is no fun in poking fun at something this easy. I would say it is a disgrace, but it is representative of the society. The true essence of what this faux religion has become.

Maybe I should wear an orange shirt and demand people give me money. Where is my Lampang FC shirt coffee1.gif

Phra Sap Abhitno needs to be more procative and follow Phra Issara's example.

Get hired by the PDRC to lead protests, live in luxury hotels, own wats, have his own personal armed guards, etc. Maybe he could offer Suthep an "army" of monks as protesters for hire and spread the fortune to his fellow brethren. Can you imagine the PR impact of Chaeng Wattana Government Complex being occupied by 1,000 orange-clothed monks (the Orange Revolution!) - I'm sure Suthep would pay well for that, give each participating monk a daily meal allowance, a whistle, a tent, and a towel.

A lot, if not most, of the shop owners in that market are Chinese, and of traditional Chinese leaning (as in, would care more for Chinese ceremonies and temples) - maybe not the best place for him to lay his complaints. More likely he provided some short term entertainment before people got back to work.

The "Get a proper job, then" would probably be a common silent sentiment.

Still, quite bizarre, and for a foreigner even funny - got to ask the MiL if there was more.

Thaiisnotrequired, on 08 May 2014 - 23:29, said:
axact, on 08 May 2014 - 23:11, said:

The poor guy, he must feel really left out.

I see quite a few monks staying at our $60 a night rooms. They usually have Ipads, Iphones and the latest digital cameras. Has Louis Vittion designed a monks robe yet as they already have the handbags ?

Show me a religion that isnt full of hyprocrites.

I thought I was trying to cope with Greek then, until I spotted your intentional mispelling, of course wink.png

"Show me a religion that isnt full of hyprocrites", and I'll show you my nostra anus.

Did you really mean 'hyprocites'? Or did you mean 'hypocrites'?

If you did... please send a cover letter to Oxbride, they'll soon discover a new meaning adjacent to Poo's ass.

Oh dear, another grammar/spell checker......... get a life.

• Like 1

He got some good points. More than missing out on the cash bonanza, it's upsetting to be held back for so many years. Either he is a real monk - and can be part of the team. Or - what?

If he's not ready to be ordained, why did they make him a monk?

It's refreshign when someone speaks his mind. Lots of folks with a colourful past may have many faults, but many are honest and mean what they say and say what they mean. A rare and good quality IMHO.

Monks are are still human beeings and not perfect. I think it´s amazing when a criminal want to be a monk.

We all suffer from the same mental illusions. (greed,hate,ignorance)

Maybe a criminal wants to avoid prison or thinks monkhood is easy life. The role of the abbot is very important in this cases. They are like a doctor or therapist for the criminals. Buddha and Jesus had compassion for wrongdoers but understood why discipline is important.

Every thief has a future.

Every holy man has a past.

Tom

Maybe he should spend some time studying Buddhism? Like Buddha said "All life is suffering. And suffering comes from attachments". Amazing Thailand

I second that....as far as I know....Monks are not supposed to handle money

they only spend it on yaabaa and women ,so the public has become cautious

rayban wearing monk nengham has set the route they want to follow with a roller and a private yet and homes around the world

Edited by 3NUMBAS

How do you know?

The original teachings of Buddha about liberation from all dogmas and believe systems.

You will be surprised when you google: Kalama Sutra

he needs money to buy stuuuuuuuuufffffffffffffffffff

people not already enough indoctrinated from birth, in schools, in buildings ?