CAPO urges the public not to join in PDRC's 'final battle'

POLITICS
CAPO urges the public not to join in PDRC's "final battle"

BANGKOK: -- The Centre of Administration for Peace and Order (CAPO) on Friday called on people not to join the ongoing anti-government protest led by Suthep Thaugsuban.

The centre said it was now obvious that the activities of Suthep and other core members of People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDCR) are against the law and have also damaged the country. The government's public prosecutors have decided to take legal action against 51 PDRC leaders for such serious crimes as treason and instigation of unrest in the country.

The call went out as PDRC launched what it is calling its "final battle" and sent protesters to many places including the Government House and the Parliament as well as free-to-air television stations.

"We are now calling for the public to avoid participating in the PDRC's illegal activities, which could turn violent. We also condemn their current activities," the statement said.

Suthep and the PDRC refused to stop their protest even though many of their demands have been met including the dismissal of caretaker prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra over the unlawful transfer of a senior official and her indictment for the ricepledging scheme.

The centre's administration issued this statement on its own and did not ask the army, which is a member of the centre, to join.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-05-09

• Like 1

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, at least they didn't urge the public to join the peaceful UDD led pro-government protests.

And remember, last time the CAPO warned that some had to be careful because violence could erupt indeed violence eruption with a few grenades lobbed here, there and a CC judge house.

Truly CAPO wants peace for all the right people and reasons

Well if the person doing this warning, while speaking on behalf of CAPO, doe not want to reveal who they are, will they put their photo up for review? This could be the janitor who was pressed into service, or the maid who got into the ''ear medicene'' that was left behind, oh sorry, Chalerm is still on site so he has that covered.

Guess a new plan of attack is not to identify yourself to reporters, do not sign documents,and deny you were in attendance on decisions that should never have been made, much less followed thru on. Guess the masks will come out to hide any identifing physical features, just like the street thugs, as the mentality seem to be the same.

• Like 2

Well, at least they didn't urge the public to join the peaceful UDD led pro-government protests.

And remember, last time the CAPO warned that some had to be careful because violence could erupt indeed violence eruption with a few grenades lobbed here, there and a CC judge house.

Why would they "urge the public to join the peaceful UDD led pro-government protests"? Stupid thing to say really.

Rubl give up with grenades already. The last time CAPO warned people of violence it was provided by the peaceful PDRC protesters throwing them at the police, or did you conveniently forget that?

You have a problem with CAPO trying to defuse a potentially violent situation just because it involves people that you supposedly "back"?

Why would they "urge the public to join the peaceful UDD led pro-government protests"? Stupid thing to say really.

Rubl give up with grenades already. The last time CAPO warned people of violence it was provided by the peaceful PDRC protesters throwing them at the police, or did you conveniently forget that?

You have a problem with CAPO trying to defuse a potentially violent situation just because it involves people that you supposedly "back"?

CAPO is it legitimate, with the two main noodles at the helm who should not be in Office. Super department defended by the PTP police.

The centre's administration issued this statement on its own and did not ask the army, which is a member of the centre, to join.

Well, that was naughty of them.

It does seem like PTP is doing everything they can to provoke the military.

So you agree the PDRC have been peaceful since that tragic day 18th Feb? Wish we could say the same about the side you obviously "back"

Well, that was naughty of them.

It does seem like PTP is doing everything they can to provoke the military.

And the military is very silent now.....

You know dogs who bark don't bite.....I don't hear any of the usual annoyed comments from Prayut or from any of these units.

They might be busy discussing what can happen that is still acceptable and what is not acceptable and for how long...

And the Circus goes on smile.png We have all this wisdom from people here that can not vote.Please let the Thais decide and the rest of you get a life.

It makes me laugh when people post,'get a life' and yet here they are on this very forum,posting,and what's not having a vote got to do with the article?

• Like 1

Why would the CAPO say that, don't know, that why I said at least they didn't say that. Stupid thing really to ask.

As for the CAPO warning people about possible violence, well only a few days ago when they said a wrong decision by the C.C. could lead to violence and indeed it did.

I have a problem with the CAPO warning about violence if people don't do as they want them to do. That's all.

Mind you, your version of democracy seems a bit different from mine.

So back to the CAPO warning once again about violence which may erupt if people continue with the anti-(diminished)-government.

Do you really find it strange that CAPO could predict there may be violence leading from the decision made at the CC? Then in your very next sentence you ignore the use of may or could and state that you "have a problem with the CAPO warning about violence if people don't do as they want them to do" which is not what they said , is it?

You obviously feel very strongly about this so I thought I'd check back on the thread (http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/724214-capo-warns-charter-court-not-to-overstep-its-authority/) to see what you said at the time about this threat.

Strangely, nothing to say apart from a couple of quips about Tharit.................perhaps this strong sense of wrongdoing takes a while to percolate into articulate thought?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

i have a touch of deaj vu again and again and again........................................................................

so that's how U spell deaj vu

• Like 1

Why would the CAPO say that, don't know, that why I said at least they didn't say that. Stupid thing really to ask.

As for the CAPO warning people about possible violence, well only a few days ago when they said a wrong decision by the C.C. could lead to violence and indeed it did.

I have a problem with the CAPO warning about violence if people don't do as they want them to do. That's all.

Mind you, your version of democracy seems a bit different from mine.

So back to the CAPO warning once again about violence which may erupt if people continue with the anti-(diminished)-government.

Do you really find it strange that CAPO could predict there may be violence leading from the decision made at the CC? Then in your very next sentence you ignore the use of may or could and state that you "have a problem with the CAPO warning about violence if people don't do as they want them to do" which is not what they said , is it?

You obviously feel very strongly about this so I thought I'd check back on the thread (http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/724214-capo-warns-charter-court-not-to-overstep-its-authority/) to see what you said at the time about this threat.

Strangely, nothing to say apart from a couple of quips about Tharit.................perhaps this strong sense of wrongdoing takes a while to percolate into articulate thought?

Unlike you I do have other activities in life. This strong sense of wrongdoing also increases with every new occurrence of wrongdoing. It just starts with a 'tut-tut' and increases from there. Not all of us immediately go to the attack, like you do. Not all of us even attack on person rather than on contents.

Anyway as I wrote the CAPO was right. The C.C. came with the 'wrong' verdict' and promptly we had

"The four bomb attacks occurred in succession, starting at around 9pm, after a Constitutional Court ruling had earlier ended the term of caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra"

Smiling as the water percolates through to become strong with a sense of coffee,

uncle rubl

Edited by rubl
  • Like 1

I'm afraid that I missed the PDRC throwing grenades at police. When and where? Was it reported in the media?

The only time I've seen it claimed that the PDRC threw grenades were TV posters claiming that the protestors were shooting grenades at themselves. (A claim which I believe has little likelihood. I prefer the U.S. CIA theory myself.)

So you agree the PDRC have been peaceful since that tragic day 18th Feb? Wish we could say the same about the side you obviously "back"

No, of course I don't agree the PDRC have been peaceful since that tragic day 18th Feb? - PDRC guards beat up and shoot Army Colonel, the "Blue on Blue Shooting between PDRC guards, the protester "accidentally" shooting two other protesters, the physical restraint and holding of Sunisa Lertpakawat, the attack on Nick Nostitz, need I say more.

The side I obviously back? Well let's assume you mean the UDD. Come back to me with violence that has been carried out by the UDD since the 18th February and we'll discuss. Until then I'm afraid I can only deal with tangibles.

Edited by fab4

So you a? Wish we could say the same about the side you obviously "back"

No, of course I don't agree the PDRC have been peaceful since that tragic day 18th Feb? - PDRC guards beat up and shoot Army Colonel, the "Blue on Blue Shooting between PDRC guards, the protester "accidentally" shooting two other protesters, the physical restraint and holding of Sunisa Lertpakawat, the attack on Nick Nostitz, need I say more.

The side I obviously back? Well let's assume you mean the UDD. Come back to me with violence that has been carried out by the UDD since the 18th February and we'll discuss. Until then I'm afraid I only can with tangibles.

Still a case of denial I see.

I guess you also still don't believe in MiB being involved in shootings and grenade lobbing in 2010 as there is no 'evidence' and therefor the UDD is deemed uninvolved?

Edited by rubl
  • Like 2