Mother of Thai Channel 3 actress seeks justice for her daughter’s death

webfact

Mother of Channel 3 actress seeks justice for her daughter’s death
By Coconuts Bangkok

1-144.jpg?itok=pRCixckv

BANGKOK: -- The mother of a Channel 3 TV show extra is seeking help from the media after her daughter was accidentally shot to death in a brawl on Wednesday.

Juthamas Kiangsri, a 21-year-old supporting actress from the show lakorn Hua Jai Klai Roong, was killed in the parking lot of an unnamed shopping mall in Pathum Thani province after a group of teenagers got into a fight.

Pratuang Pratabsornayu, the actress' mother, says the investigation into her daughter’s death has not progressed after she filed a report. [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2014/05/09/mother-channel-3-actress-seeks-justice-her-daughters-death

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-05-09

It's about time all these myriads of guidebooks out there lyrically waxing on about the mild manners and gentle attitudes of the locals would finally care to update their forthcoming editions and let unsuspecting travelers know what's really ins store for them if they're not careful enough - or are at the wrong place at the wrong time.

PM the member Sabai Jai.

He is a leading author of Lonely Planet guide books etc.

He also owns tourist businesses in Thailand though, and has reportedly been known to be reluctant to print the less shiney stuff about the Land of Smiles. :)

Time for a crack down on unlicensed guns. Guns have profilerated since the Interior Ministry started importing them and selling them itself on the cheap (with low taxes) to Local Defence Volunteers in villages as a money spinner for officials. The LDV can order as many as they like and just file off the serial numbers and sell them off. The numbers of guns imported and sold annually by the ministry is far in excess of the restricted annual quotas the police give to licensed gun shops.

• Like 1

It's about time all these myriads of guidebooks out there lyrically waxing on about the mild manners and gentle attitudes of the locals would finally care to update their forthcoming editions and let unsuspecting travelers know what's really ins store for them if they're not careful enough - or are at the wrong place at the wrong time.

PM the member Sabai Jai.

He also owns tourist businesses in Thailand though, and has reportedly been known to be reluctant to print the less shiney stuff about the Land of Smiles. smile.png

Lonely Planet sold out to BBC publications and its guides are just like any others now and it is hard to find information in them. They dropped all the old school authors who had been with the original Aussie couple that founded it for donkey's years. I think the BBC is now looking at selling it at a huge loss as it has been a flop in its new format. I don't think you find any of the old lags there any more.

• Like 2

It's tragic that we have to read such sad news practically on an almost daily basis. The violence of teen gangs and other lowlifes in this country has taken on unprecedented proportions.

In addition to to the fact that a lot of Thai people are extremely short-tempered and can go off like a lose cannon in the blink of an eye, more citizens than we care to admit seem to have stashed away one or several illegal guns - and do not hesitate to use them at any inappropriate "opportunity".

It's about time all these myriads of guidebooks out there lyrically waxing on about the mild manners and gentle attitudes of the locals would finally care to update their forthcoming editions and let unsuspecting travelers know what's really ins store for them if they're not careful enough - or are at the wrong place at the wrong time, as this unfortunate actress appears to have been.

And the Royal joke Thai Police do not have any clue about how many weapons there are around or who the owners are.

PM the member Sabai Jai.

He also owns tourist businesses in Thailand though, and has reportedly been known to be reluctant to print the less shiney stuff about the Land of Smiles. smile.png

Now with that statement, I fully agree.... Let us face it folks, Thailand is somehow reverting, to where life has no value once again.... Breaks my heart.

But then look what they are letting into their country? All in the name of what? I miss the old days when money wasn't King, and I do not mean this as any disrespect to the King of Thailand..... Reality is, it is happening in all nations..... The simple disrespect of all life, and humanity..... Thus the word Humility....... wai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif How about we retain the ideal of sovereignty......?

Kerry

Give a teenager a gun and.... (Or is it Allow a teenager ...)

Why not start a new Campaign: Juthamas Law or Kiangsri's Law

to get guns off the streets, especially from teenagers - who can often avoid any type of justice.

The TV stations/All Media could give free air time to this cause.

Police should be accountable (publically) for their action to solve these cases.

Posters in Public places - Schools

with a Free phone Number to inform about possession guns

The teenagers involved should lose freedom by being placed in "boot" camps (Not training camps)
or school "summer' camps.

citizen training, Religious training...

Loss of phone, loss of week-ends.... Any ideas????

She was 21 - young people should be involved in her mourning, to protect the lives of others.

(And for the negative people - an annua "birthday" l re-launch and Report of actions...)

Can the organisers of this blog help?

• Like 1

It's tragic that we have to read such sad news practically on an almost daily basis. The violence of teen gangs and other lowlifes in this country has taken on unprecedented proportions.

In addition to to the fact that a lot of Thai people are extremely short-tempered and can go off like a lose cannon in the blink of an eye, more citizens than we care to admit seem to have stashed away one or several illegal guns - and do not hesitate to use them at any inappropriate "opportunity".

It's about time all these myriads of guidebooks out there lyrically waxing on about the mild manners and gentle attitudes of the locals would finally care to update their forthcoming editions and let unsuspecting travelers know what's really ins store for them if they're not careful enough - or are at the wrong place at the wrong time, as this unfortunate actress appears to have been.

Good post,agree when Thai's blow they really do,and often some one ends up dead,like this poor lass.

It's very much a shame for Thailand. This young woman, and her surviving family, deserved none of it.

On the other hand, though, it is fortunate for all of us here at the Thai Visa World Behaviour Headquarters to have a Bad Example to hold up for the rest of the world, which now knows how fortunate it is not to have armed gangs, problem with high tempers, gang violence, innocent people shot. If only all the rest of the world would realise how lucky they are compared with those of us living in this hellhole of short-tempered armed gangs.

It's always been like this. Just a bit more publicity today.

Some of my relatives were in armed teen gangs in BK 25 years ago.

Same back in the US, many of my pals were in gangs, plenty of drive by shootings then and now.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

. In the states a kid will kill another for his designer tennis shoes or jacket. As I get older I have less & less trust for my fellow man. I have become a cautious person who is always checking out my environment. I do not believe young people do this because we all at a young age thought we were invincible.