Step Down Converter

You can buy a step down transformer at just about any electrical supply store. They are not usually on display. Just draw a picture of tramsformer windings with 120vac on on side and 220vac on the other. They will kow exactly what you want. Cost around 400 baht.

You can buy a step down transformer at just about any electrical supply store. They are not usually on display. Just draw a picture of tramsformer windings with 120vac on on side and 220vac on the other. They will kow exactly what you want. Cost around 400 baht.

Last time I needed a small one I was on my way to the electrical supplier, and actually spotted one on one of those electrical junk tables at a mall kiosk. I find prices around half of 400 baht though.

All I'm saying with that is they are actually quite common in the <12V size, but, as you say, you may help yourself if you write down "220 --> 110" to get across what you need.

There are a couple of shops selling transformers of all sizes directly under the Phra Khanong BTS station...inbound side. There is a diagonal soi running from there to Rama 4 and the shops are on it.