Summer Transfers, Rumours & Opinions

uptheos

after this i could only think u spoilt <deleted> and i sort of hope you go down this year. doubt it'll happen though

www.bhttp//www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28386562bc.com/sport/0/football/28386562

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

now rodgers is really beginning to annoy me post-4641-1156693976.gifhttp://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28385300

second of the strikers i would have liked at spurs at the beginning of last seasonannoyed.gif

in prem terms money relatively well spent imo.

biggrin.png

look like Spurs have won the Ben Davies race though.

Moreno is still the target. Not even sure Davies was 2nd choice...just the Swansea connection getting the tabloids interestcoffee1.gif

Is it still on the table the Moreno deal, reading it was alive, dead, alive and then dead again, has it resurrected?

Still on the table and no other bids AFAIK. Just a game of poker at the moment. Who will fold first? LFC or Sevilla?

Chelsea's Mohamed Salah faces three-year military service as Frank Lampard nears MLS move

The Minister of Higher Education in Egypt has rescinded Salah’s participation in an ‘educational programme’, the basis for his stay in England.

Edited by uptheos

Manchester United, Liverpool 'handed boost in hopes of signing Edinson Cavani'

Filed: Saturday, July 19, 2014 at 22:41 UK

Manchester United and Liverpool have reportedly received a boost in their pursuit of landing Paris Saint-Germain striker Edinson Cavani.

The Premier League rivals have both been linked with a move for the 27-year-old Uruguayan, and a deal could now be struck after the player told his agent to engineer him a move to England, according to the Daily Star.

Can Cavani play at the back for Liverpool though?

biggrin.png

• Like 1

Manchester United, Liverpool 'handed boost in hopes of signing Edinson Cavani'

Filed: Saturday, July 19, 2014 at 22:41 UK

Manchester United and Liverpool have reportedly received a boost in their pursuit of landing Paris Saint-Germain striker Edinson Cavani.

The Premier League rivals have both been linked with a move for the 27-year-old Uruguayan, and a deal could now be struck after the player told his agent to engineer him a move to England, according to the Daily Star.

Can Cavani play at the back for Liverpool though?

biggrin.png

Maybe LFC gave up on Cavani?

Loic Remy: Liverpool agree £8.5m fee with QPR for France striker

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28385300

Yeah. Like I said, keep travelling.

smile.png

What is actually your problem?

I didn't try to get into a pissing contest with you.

You do all right with all the other you try to "cockfight". Especially the ManUtd Forum.

Yes I admit you are among the most obnoxious and arrogant, but sorry, you cant match your wet dream (in your icon).

Time to retire/be grounded like rest of the P45s

Edited by Travel2003

Muppet season in full swing. Balotelli and Castillas to Le Arsenal?.....not doing bad olde Wenger this transfer window.

If you believe what you read in the press he's buying about 298 new players.

wink.png

Yeah. Like I said, keep travelling.

smile.png

What is actually your problem?

I didn't try to get into a pissing contest with you.

You do all right with all the other you try to "cockfight". Especially the ManUtd Forum.

Yes I admit you are among the most obnoxious and arrogant, but sorry, you cant match your wet dream (in your icon).

Time to retire/be grounded like rest of the P45s

Better keep travelling then matey and get back to me when you know something.

It broadens the mind.

Not sure it's going to work in your case though.

smile.png

Muppet season in full swing. Balotelli and Castillas to Le Arsenal?.....not doing bad olde Wenger this transfer window.

wink.png

Not sure why, he will be gone next season I reckon....... National manager....somewhere ;)

wink.png

Not sure why, he will be gone next season I reckon....... National manager....somewhere ;)

He's just signed a new contract and he has *never* broken one in his life.

So you reckon wrong. He's taken a pile of crap in the last few seasons, including from some that barely qualify as "fans", and now the money is there he wants to finish the job.

He's just signed a new contract and he has *never* broken one in his life.

So you reckon wrong. He's taken a pile of crap in the last few seasons, including from some that barely qualify as "fans", and now the money is there he wants to finish the job.

Go on then.

wink.png

All non smokers?

• Like 1

Non smoking presumably. smile.png

If Wenger wants to win the Prem and do anything of stature in the CL..........

...you tell me what the solution is.

He's built some good sides and made the final....so I don't think his credentials are in question at all.

He kept the budget low yo help finance their new stadium....frankly Arsenal owe him a huge debt of thanks for what he achieved....and a loosening of the transfer kitty is the perfect way to repay him.

Now if only there were 10 Ozil's out there!

.... if you believe the write-ups Chic, Kedhira is supposed to have a strong defensive component to his game as well as being attack-minded when the circumstances warrant. As I read it (the rumour press) he would be a replacement for Arteta, albeit a classic BTB guy rather than a pure DMF.

Having said that I'm a bit sceptical whether he truly is the right replacement for Arteta. We are stuffed with players who want to attack - Gibbs and now Debuchy plus the entire midfield. IMO we need a highly mobile play breaker who mostly operates in our own half. The only times in the WC that I focussed on Kedhira he was definitely in attack-only mode. Of course one of those was Brazil and the two German CBs could have kept a Neymar-less Brazil away from goal all day long so his winning the ball back in Brazil's half and driving the attack forward was justified (and of big factor in the demolition).

So for all those non-Arsenal types out there who seem already to be criticising Wenger for not closing a deal on Kedhira:

A. Am I living on an alternative planet where it is still one month away from kick-off or is the season about to start tomorrow?

B. Why are you convinced that Wenger should be buying Kedhira?

C. What evidence is there that Wenger wants Kedhira? His agent says that there have been no talks with Arsenal (not that anyone can place reliance on that either).

And for those of you who are still questioning Ozil's prospects perhaps you could take it up with that rubbish manager, Joachim Low, who played him for all but 7 minutes of the 4 knock-out games and all but 28 minutes of the group games.

Edited by SantiSuk
  • Like 2

.... if you believe the write-ups Chic, Kedhira is supposed to have a strong defensive component to his game as well as being attack-minded when the circumstances warrant. As I read it (the rumour press) he would be a replacement for Arteta, albeit a classic BTB guy rather than a pure DMF.

Having said that I'm a bit sceptical whether he truly is the right replacement for Arteta. We are stuffed with players who want to attack - Gibbs and now Debuchy plus the entire midfield. IMO we need a highly mobile play breaker who mostly operates in our own half. The only times in the WC that I focussed on Kedhira he was definitely in attack-only mode. Of course one of those was Brazil and the two German CBs could have kept a Neymar-less Brazil away from goal all day long so his winning the ball back in Brazil's half and driving the attack forward was justified (and of big factor in the demolition).

So for all those non-Arsenal types out there who seem already to be criticising Wenger for not closing a deal on Kedhira:

A. Am I living on an alternative planet where it is still one month away from kick-off or is the season about to start tomorrow?

B. Why are you convinced that Wenger should be buying Kedhira?

C. What evidence is there that Wenger wants Kedhira? His agent says that there have been no talks with Arsenal (not that anyone can place reliance on that either).

And for those of you who are still questioning Ozil's prospects perhaps you could take it up with that rubbish manager, Joachim Low, who played him for all but 7 minutes of the 4 knock-out games and all but 28 minutes of the group games.

Don't listen to those tossers.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/07/14/stats-things-mesut-ozil-did-better-than-anybody-else-at-world-cu/

biggrin.png

Dejan Lovren set to snub Tottenham and sign for Liverpool within the next 48 hours

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/390001/Dejan-Lovren-set-to-snub-Tottenham-and-sign-for-Liverpool-within-the-next-48-hours

Liverpool will complete a deal to sign Southampton defender Dejan Lovren in the next 48 hours, according to reports in Croatia this weekend. http://www.thisisanfield.com/2014/07/dejan-lovren-set-sign-liverpool-next-48-hours-report/?

Dejan Lovren set to snub Tottenham and sign for Liverpool within the next 48 hours

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/390001/Dejan-Lovren-set-to-snub-Tottenham-and-sign-for-Liverpool-within-the-next-48-hours

Liverpool will complete a deal to sign Southampton defender Dejan Lovren in the next 48 hours, according to reports in Croatia this weekend. http://www.thisisanfield.com/2014/07/dejan-lovren-set-sign-liverpool-next-48-hours-report/?

Lambert, Lallana and Lovren. thumbsup.gif Have I missed anybody else going from Southampton to Liverpool?

Brendan does seem to like his alliteration.

Tidy looking window so far.

Spend horrific amounts of cash like Chelsea do, and then bark on about it not being about the money?

He's built some good sides and made the final....so I don't think his credentials are in question at all.

He kept the budget low yo help finance their new stadium....frankly Arsenal owe him a huge debt of thanks for what he achieved....and a loosening of the transfer kitty is the perfect way to repay him.

Now if only there were 10 Ozil's out there!

Careful, Santi rather touchy about Ozil. I'm sure he'll have a better season this time. Mindyou, can't think of another world cup winner that had such a mediocre tournament.

• Like 1