Summer Transfers, Rumours & Opinions

uptheos

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, with the World Cup over and the transfer window flapping like French shutters in a New Orleans hurricane....

...seems to me the Prem needs some characters.

Because tbh, I really can't get too enthusiastic about any of the Germans, however effective they are.

Need players like Cantona or Ribery.

Where's the next Zidane going to come from? Back street of Marseilles, or the Southampton Academy?

Cavani Wants Premiership Switch

Sky sources are reporting that Edinson Cavani has instructed his agent to investigate a potential move to the Premier League.

The 27-year-old Uruguay international joined Paris Saint-Germain from Napoli for around £55m last summer and signed a five-year contract, but now appears keen on a move away from the French capital.

And the news will be of particular interest to Chelsea and Manchester United, who have both been linked with the forward.

Cavani enjoyed a successful first season with PSG, who retained the Ligue 1 title and also won the Coupe de la Ligue, with Cavani scoring both goals in the final.

But the Uruguayan is reportedly unhappy about the way he is utilized by the club, who often deploy him in wide positions so the prolific Zlatan Ibrahimovic can play through the middle.

And, while he was at the World Cup in Brazil, Cavani refused to rule out a transfer to Manchester United.

Asked whether a move to Old Trafford was in his future, he said: “In football, you never know. Anything can happen.

"One day you are in one team and, the next day, you can be in another."

Cavani has been capped 63 times by Uruguay and featured in all of their matches at the World Cup this summer, where they reached the second round before losing 2-0 to Colombia.

Having begun his professional career with Danubio in Montevideo, he joined Palermo in Italy in 2010, before beginning a very successful stint with Napoli in 2010.

He finished the 2012/13 season as the top scorer in Serie A and became the most expensive signing in French football history when he joined PSG.

redrus

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

Seems there is some sort of dissatisfaction at PSG.

No doubt van Gaal or Mourinho will know what to do.

( PSG forward line scared the proverbial out of me when we played them in the CL. At Madrid was much less scary.)

Just a thought.

Could be Laurent Blanc at PSG has got shed loads of Qatar money, but isn't in control of the situation.

Wouldn't surprise me.

( No danger of that happening at OT with van Gaal I wouldn't have thought.)

( PSG forward line scared the proverbial out of me when we played them in the CL. At Madrid was much less scary.)

Cavani is annoyed at having to play second fiddle to Iba....!

redrus

• Like 1

Cavani is annoyed at having to play second fiddle to Iba....!

redrus

Apparently so.

How does a manager handle that one?

Fergie had a similar with RVP/Rooney?

Anyway, on the money front I've been having a think. Glazers can make a lot of money from the football. Footie is now the biggest world sport. TV rights, sponsorships, megabucks. Witness the Adidas deal for UNITED.

So I reckon the days of rich owners plowing their own money into their hobby for fun are over.

If their team is a worldwide success, the owners will make an absolute fortune.

Van Gaal is no fool despite what ^ says.

Nor is Mourinho.

Possibility exists that di Maria joins UNITED, knowing van Gaal will give him CL within a season.*

We will see.

* di Maria may even be motivated to help van Gaal get there. I don't know the geezer, so that's a guess.

Edited by P45Mustang

No player bigger than the club, Stam, Ronaldo, Beckham, Keane, Ince, Van Nistelrooy. Not all good decisions, 1, definitely monetary.

The Glazers have made circa £750 million out of the Manchester United name, while we still run a debt of around £350 million.

Cavini, is a fantastic prospect in my eyes Chic, pace, energy, enthusiasm and a big lad thats as fit as the butchers preverbal. Agree to disagree on this one fella cos, ~I think he'd be a class signing. Vidal, although I hate to say it, media made as 99% of it is, looks massive at this moment in time and Vidal and Cavini in the same squad is ok with me... (as long as its United, of course) ;)

redrus

Sounds like Khedira to Arsenal is not happening. £150K a week a bit of a problem.

(Wilshere's in the dog house too apparently. No smoke without fire. facepalm.gif)

Wilshere's nothing more than an overrated sicknote. Khedira on the other hand is quality and i don't see why Arsenal wouldn't stump up. this would be another excellent signing by Wenger. Ozil was also from Madrid so how much must he be on? Has to be around that sum.

Sounds like Khedira to Arsenal is not happening. £150K a week a bit of a problem.

(Wilshere's in the dog house too apparently. No smoke without fire. facepalm.gif)

Wilshere's nothing more than an overrated sicknote. Khedira on the other hand is quality and i don't see why Arsenal wouldn't stump up. this would be another excellent signing by Wenger. Ozil was also from Madrid so how much must he be on? Has to be around that sum.

I think I read Ozil on 130K. Sanchez same?

looks like Khedira is pushing a bit hard wanting to be top paid player.

?

Ozil is reportedly on 140k a week (Telegraph around the time of transfer).

We fans all hope that the form he showed in his first month, which was well worth 140k, returns. Maybe Wenger is not so sure and regrets pushing the boat out? In any event - it's a fact of life that attacking and creative midfielders are the highest paid. Kedhira is no way worth 150k in my book and I suspect paying that much would spark an internal wages war at The Emirates.

I also hope that Jack-the-lad refinds his mojo, though I'm less confident on that score.

• Like 1

^ Fair points SS.

I personally remain totally confident about Mesut in the Prem.

Just needs to be around the right players imho, like when he started for Arsenal.

Anything Mata can do, Mesut can also.

World Cup final, Mesut saw 2 passes very few other players would in my book.

Vision.

thumbsup.gif

I don't mind the odd tab -the legendary Dr. Socrates was a chain smoker - but it's the booze that ruins English players.

Sent from my MT2L03 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

there's loads of footballers smoke. oli kay of the times was saying the other day he can name several players in each of the spain, france and italy squads who all smoke a few. when you train every day like they do a few snouts a day doesn't have that much effect.

as you say though it's the beer with english lads. and the pies.

I don't mind the odd tab -the legendary Dr. Socrates was a chain smoker - but it's the booze that ruins English players.

Sent from my MT2L03 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

there's loads of footballers smoke. oli kay of the times was saying the other day he can name several players in each of the spain, france and italy squads who all smoke a few. when you train every day like they do a few snouts a day doesn't have that much effect.

as you say though it's the beer with english lads. and the pies.

were talking elite athlete's here, 'fine lines; make a huge diference, messi looked a good player in the last 2 games, but not the world beater we've seen.why? daddy said he was tired as i said , at that level fine lines defiantly makes a huge difference.'

not quite relevant but a quote from your ex keeper david james on giving up smoking

'I gave up a couple of weeks later and the change it made to my life was incredible. For the first time I started endurance running - and enjoyed it. At Villa they told me I had acquired the stamina of a midfield player. I discovered a whole new body at 30.

• Like 1