German channel on sophon cable

infinity11

DW TV and yes, they did have excellent content in English. We get the channel via WE TV, Cable in Chiang Mai.

For some strange reason, DW tv decided to put their English Language content on a secondary channel...or something...I did contact them and they simply came back, suggesting I contact the local Service Provider (WE TV) and ask them to pick up the secondary transmission.

Sadly, that is unlikely to happen as WE-TV probably couldn't organize a fart in a thunderstorm. Whenever my wife phones them to say "You're off the air....AGAIN" in Thai, because they don't speak much English,[ and YES, I know This Is Thailand] they ALWAYS claim it is the fault of the weather, or they are "adjusting" something. Of course, they NEVER manage to "adjust" the monthly account to reflect the amount of time when their various channels are "being adjusted."

Sorry to ramble on about WE TV (Worst Ever) in response to a simple question about German Television, but I'm sure you'll understand!

Edited by Torrens54
  • Like 1

They did an overhaul of their programming some 2 years ago. Back then it was two hours in German and then 2 hours of the same content in English, got quite boring after a while. Now they have dedicated German and English channels on the satellite that are broadcast in only one language all day. It is up to your cable provider which one they pick for the feed. Sophon picked the German one. I think this is a good decision as the programming is really good now, showing popular German talkshows etc. Russians get 4 channels+ so why shouldn't Germans be entitled to one in their own language.

Edited by MaikB84
  • Like 1

If you really need the German or English channel you can watch it on their website. If you want to watch it on your TV, then just connect your PC to your TV or if that's too much hassle then get hold of a small satellite dish and get it free-to-air off the satellite.