Seven foreigners caught Gambling on horse races in a Pattaya Bar

Rimmer

Horse Racing Gamblers caught at Pattaya Bar

fr554.jpg

PATTAYA- May 11, 2014 [PDN]: The police was informed that there were 7 foreigners performed illegal online gambling at the Red-Bili bar located in Soi Leng at the intersection road of Pattaya Sai 3 and Central Pattaya Moo9 Nong Prue Banglamung Chonburi. One foreign man pretended to be a gambler with a cash of 1,800 baht was sent to the scene, later it was reported that there was an actual online gambling taking place. The police then arrived at the scene and caught seven foreigners in total with the betting pass and some cash. Six of foreigners caught were Australian with Mr. Philip Smith, a New Zealander aged 59 as the head of the gambling team.

After the investigation, Mr. Philip revealed to the officers that he has secretly opened this online horse racing gambling business for quite sometime now. He would usually call his contacts to the bar to watch TV which shows live streaming of Australian Horse Racing.

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-news/2014/05/11/horse-racing-gamblers-caught-at-pattaya-bar/

pdnews.jpg
-- Pattaya Daily News 2014-05-11

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

GO KIWI !!!

You can take a Kiwi out of the TAB, but you can't take the TAB out of the Kiwi.

(For non Kiwis, The TAB is the Totaliser Agency Board - our official gambling agency in New Zealand with betting shops all over the country.)

Edited by Gsxrnz
  • Like 2

Thank God those hard core criminals are now off the streets.

No doubt the crack team of cops that arrested them will be worked to exhaustion arresting Thais gambling on the up and coming FIFA matches.

The BIB aren't too quick to arrest each other.

I still remember a picture of police playing and gambling on the street in-between rests for the BKK shut-down some months ago....

Please enlighten me , what's the difference?

• Like 1

I am curious what is the penalty for this kind of thing?

If they were thai it would be 5baht and 5 minutes time served .

Being falang i wouldnt be surprised if they are still incarcerated and 100,000 baht fine.

That reminds me I must phone my brother later to put my football bets on,is that also breaking the law.

Since the betting happens outside of Thailand you probably don't break any gambling laws here, though I guess you will need a workpermit to make the phone call.

• Like 2

Thank God those hard core criminals are now off the streets.

No doubt the crack team of cops that arrested them will be worked to exhaustion arresting Thais gambling on the up and coming FIFA matches.

I feel a lot safer already.....

• Like 2

Seems like its not a problem????

Ihave a friend and the house next door has been rented, and they gamble, sell booze without a license and generaly are very noisy. Bikes, maybe 20 turning up some nights, and leaving about 4-5am, shouting goodnight, speeding and revving bikes. Smoke fumes and smells of beer, makes him shut his windows from 7pm.

This is ok is it, breaking many l;aws, but they are only playing cards

If they lived next door to me, i would get the police or petrol bomb the mother fxxxxxs

How does the undercover foreigner sleep with himself at night? Putting his fellow countrymen in the nick for gambling on horse racing.

He probably does sleep by himself. What a sad individual he must be working for The BIB. Probably the Italian bloke that was posting on here the other day defending BIB volunteers.

• Like 2