Panasonic CS-S24 Noise.

Dogberry

My first post to the forum although I've been lurking here for upwards of a year. I am US citizen here in Lamphun on a geezer-visa. Four months ago the wife "surprised" me with a new AC. I was still in investigation research / mode when she informed me she had a great deal on a Panasonic unit from a friend of a friend. Dear Heart was concerned her falang was getting a "little bit dead" and decided to pony on the neighbors installation (THE FRIEND). I had one evening to research this unit as the installers were coming the next day. I could have cancelled the whole deal but decided to go with it. Let me clarify that... I could have cancelled it and lectured the Lovely about making these decisions but I went with it and lectured her anyway. And I do believe we got a very fair price. My research was down to the Daiken or Mitsubishi but Panasonic WAS in the running because I'd heard the motors were make in Japan and more reliable than Thai made.

So this is the 19,000 BTU Inverter unit. From day-one it has made a noise somewhere between a buzz and a whine depending on what state it is in during any cooling cycle.. in other words it DOES NOT MAKE THIS NOISE CONTINUOUSLY and runs quietly a good deal of the time.

BTW the installation work was shoddy as heck. Indoor unit crooked on the wall, out side drain hose dripping all over porch due to lack of attention I suppose. The installer did make the repairs and I was able to ask him about the noise. You can imagine the outcome of that conversation.

Anyway... long story short. Anyone else have this same unit and does it buzz? I can live with it but if it is an abnormal phenomenon then I would like it addressed while it's under warranty... and if this is NORMAL for the Panasonic units then be forewarned if you need to locate it under your front room window as mine happens to be.