Question about Tourist Visa (Double)

The new crackdown gave me a little headache about this. As well as a lady at immigration questioning me at the airport.

I am in the process of getting my 2nd work permit. In between these two, I have been here on a Double-Entry tourist visa. When that one finished, I did some back to back runs and lately went to Hong Kong and got a 30 days visa on arrival. You could say for this instance I am in the league of back to back runners, although I am now here to see how the progress goes for the permit and set up of company (Aka, I am not working in any way) My passport contains stamps dating back from 2011 when I came here on Holiday and on a 3 month tour through Thailand. In short: I have a variety of visa's in my current passport.

- Double entry Tourist from Amsterdam,
- Non Immigrant B from Amsterdam.
- Double Entry Tourist from Vientiane
- Multiple stamps in and out from Cambodia and Myanmar for short trips or new entries in the Kingdom.

My questions: I don't want to hassle around and feel scared in the mean time I am wating for official documents. I would like to apply for one more double entry Tourist visa. I am speaking with the owner of a visa run company who works closely with Cambodian and Laos immigration. He advised me the best would be to fly to Rangoon and get the visa there. If I would like to get a new double entry in Vientiane, he advised me to get a fresh new passport first to be sure of acceptance.

With you guys reading my situation, what would you advise? The official documents will be available in 2 months, but as you know: things can go somewhat different in Thailand. A double entry would secure me with enough time, and would also allow me to go back to the mother company in my home.

Thanks!

What I don't understand is that the owner of that company (Who does trips for double entry's everyday in Vientiane) strongly advises against this.. Why would that be? You see absolutely no problems Ubon Joe?

The stamps in 2011 would not be counted.unless it has been that long since you got the other 2 entry.

I can recall people with a worse history than yours appears to be getting a 2 entry visa.

That is beautiful to hear. I don't have any red stamps as some got before (In as: this is the last time we will give you one)
I guess it's worth a shot. If not, would a double entry become a single? Or would they give it with that red stamp telling me enough is enough (for when I come back and want to try again) The thing is, I don't.. So I just need one more.

Hanoi has been giving double entry TV, offering up to triples. It was fast & easy.

From my research the top rated 2-3 star hotels there are way better than Vientiane & i personally find HN is a preferable place to visit.

Edited by oldthaihand99
  • Like 1

Hanoi has been giving double entry TV, offering up to triples. It was fast & easy.

From my research the top rated 2-3 star hotels there are way better than Vientiane & i personally find HN is a preferable place to visit.

But from reports I have read you need to show tickets out of the country to get a 2 entry whereas Vientiane dose not ask for them.

You should be able to get a 2 entry in Vientiane. You have only gotten one from there.

Yangon would be okay also but of course the cost would be greater.

True, especially when it comes to hotels. However, as you would be aware getting there is possible overland from Thailand now, though with considerably more time required (and somewhat more expense involved) from Bangkok or other Thai cities, compared to traveling to the border city of Vientiane. However, I also agree that in the OP's case, going to Vientiane is perfectly fine. Otherwise Savannakhet (for a double entry).

Anyone gotten a tourist visa there in the last week or so?

Are they enforcing the rules about airline tickets, hotel reservations and financials stricter now since the crackdown?

I've been there 3 times before since 2012 and they never ever asked me about tickets, hotels or money.. Swedish passport, go figure ;)

But i fear that my next trip TOMORROW might be different,, should i panic and spend 3-4000 extra on a bunch of airasia tickets that i wont use? Financials? Should i screenshot my swedish bank account? or what?

Any recent reports would ease my mind a bit i guess :)

Thanks for replying guys. I have not read any reports yet. The owner of a visa company says things got stricter, but he said also that it all depends on who handles it and how hardcore he is. Please do a report on your finding Hobz when you come back! What he ensured me off is that if the double does not get through you will get a single in return.. This might ease your mind a little bit!

Sent from my HUAWEI MT1-U06 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thanks for replying guys. I have not read any reports yet. The owner of a visa company says things got stricter, but he said also that it all depends on who handles it and how hardcore he is. Please do a report on your finding Hobz when you come back! What he ensured me off is that if the double does not get through you will get a single in return.. This might ease your mind a little bit!

Sent from my HUAWEI MT1-U06 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yeah i will report on this for sure when i get back.

And yes, there's an old "fact" that vientiane gives single entry when double entry is rejected, but that is due to having too many tourist visas,,

there's another thing that can happen in vientiane too, and it has happened before, it's that the application is rejected before payment is made, so no visa or stamp or anything at all,,, that has happened before this crackdown started (and was very rare, but always accompanied by questions about airline tickets, hotel reservations and thai bank books*)

being asked to show a thai bank book statement is super ironic, because what honest tourist opens a thai bank account? :)

i think the worst thing that could happen is that i get nothing and some kind of red stamp or something,, if that happens, i will just cross back and hope to get 15 days atleast and figure it out from there,, or maybe head straight to savannakhet the same day and apply there...

i will let you know what happens,,

anyone else have fresh reports from vientiane?

tldr: business as usual regarding tourist visas in vientiane.

Just came back from vientiane. I got a double entry tourist visa. (i had the same previously,, so it was back-2-back double-entry tourist visa).

No problems in vientiane, business as usual, was not asked to provide financials, tickets, etc...

The only thing different was the amount of people,, but could be due to holiday may 13.. Anyway, everybody got served and i saw noone get refused or hassled in the embassy or when going through the border back to thailand.

Because of the amount of people in the embassy, stuff got a bit delayed, usually the stop taking applications 11:30 ,, but now they took applicaitons to around 1pm.. As long as you got a queue number before 11:30.. Some people said this was due to the holiday may 13th..

Getting passports back the day after usually starts at 1:30pm,, but now it was delayed to around 2pm because they were still taking payments from applicants.

• Like 1