Public Land Will Be Allocated To Poor People In Chiang Mai, Lampang And Lamphun

Jai Dee

Public land will be allocated to poor people in Chiang Mai, Lampang and Lamphun

The Treasury Department has allocated 3,000-4,000 rai in Chiang Mai’s Doi Lor (ดอยหล่อ) sub-district to more than 1,000 people registered under the government’s poverty eradication campaign.

Yeunyong Thassanasri (ยืนยง ทัศนศรี), acting deputy director-general of the Treasury Department, said at a seminar yesterday that the department will also rent its land to low-income earners in Chiang Mai, Lampang and Lamphun and help arrange for loans for those tenants under the project to convert assets into capitals.

The seminar, held in Chiang Mai, discussed plans to allocate public land for dwelling by poor people.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 13 June 2006

I don't think that Toxin is worried about getting more votes among the poor people in Chiangmai...they already vote for him overwhelmingly. I think the result of this will be that the new land owners will borrow money against the land and then not be able to pay it back so it will end up in the hands of the rich bankers....it is just a way to transfer the land to the rich bankers by giving the poor a slice of the action. Of course I'm probably wrong and someone will come on line and "prove" it.

Chownah

What poor people ?

Thaksin eradicated poverty vears ago. :D

Naka.

More populist pandering from the pumped up p*ick pursuing political popularity,. Pshaaawwww. No relation to J Shawwww surely.

I say, Naka Fellow are you part of that group that sings without any music ???

:o