What do you think about EPL teams who can't survive on merit?

mxyzptlk

do you mean those clubs that are talking about legal action over sunderland fielding the ineligible player? it's a bit horrible to be honest. it didn't affect anything and it just seems peevish. and desperate.

• Like 1

Yes mate, that's exactly what I'm talking about,,even if the FA deducted all the points won in the games in question (1 point) and included a penalty of 3 more points, 2 of the 3 clubs in question would still be DOWN.....you can't play it on your fiddle....

Edited by mxyzptlk

Not much to worry about.

Moreover the South Korea forward was officially registered with the Premier League and Football Association as part of Sunderland's 25-man match-day squad at the time of the offence. Both governing bodies had ratified his inclusion on their electronic extranet systems.

The only people they can sue are the Premier League and the FA - and I wouldn't fancy their chances in future disputes if they do that....

It would have been more appropriate and more respectable if they had complained at the time and not waited until relegation came to their door(s)

Edited by mxyzptlk
  • Like 2

It was a clumsy administrative error on Sunderland's part. Since Sunderland benefited on the back of Swindon Town's demotion due to irregularities in 1990 to piggy back an unjustified ride into the top flight, it would not have been a huge shock to me if Sunderland had been punished in this case. Happily, it seems that we got off with a financial slap on the wrists.

• Like 1

Happened with us even more over the Tevez/Mascherano saga and they weren't even ineligible. Fulham were at the heart of that, so I'm glad they have gone at last.

What's that all about?

I remember West Ham and Sheff Utd having a do, but Fulham?

Fulham were also pushing for a points deduction as were Wigan, but they lost interest when they stayed up.

Ah, got you.

The Shammers paid a tidy sum to Sheff U in the end, didn't they?

Yes, we settled because the owners wanted to sell and the uncertainty was making it impossible to find a buyer.. Hasn't done them any good, but I bet Kevin McCabe is living well.