Sleeping arrangements with GF and daughter

AussieSteve

I would be interested to hear if anyone else has had the same problem as me. In my very first post sometime back I wrote about our sleeping arrangements and the fact that I wasn't too happy with them.

I'll try and make this short.... my GF has a 12yr old daughter who has always slept in the same bed as my GF and her ex. When I came on the scene GF had split with girls father many years before and they moved in with me. First night as a family unit she wanted us to all sleep together, as daughter couldn't sleep alone.

I was very uncomfortable with this (as I wanted to play) and in my culture the children usually have their own room which is why I rented a two bedroom house. I had bought a new set of bedroom furniture for the daughter but she wanted to sleep with mum.

So after much discussion first couple of nights they slept in daughters room I slept in main bedroom. At this stage I was wondering what I had got myself into, but I love my GF so I needed to find a solution. So o/k after two nights I agreed to sleep in one bed with GF in the middle. This was ok because neither of us work so we can "play" when daughter is at school.

After a few weeks GF got into the habit of half way through the night sleeping on the floor because she said she couldn't sleep as it was too crowded and daughter kept moving. So I often woke up with daughter virtually on top of me, and GF on floor next to bed.

I solved the problem by moving daughters mattress next to the big bed so now she sleeps on the floor on her mattress and we have the bed to ourselves.

Evidently it is quite common for families to sleep on the same bed even up to and past teenage years. Do a lot of Thai homes have only one bedroom? Has anyone else had this happen to them and what was your solution?

I am expecting some comments on sleeping with underage girls but please try and keep it civil. Thank you.

• Like 2

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude...for your own protection, you need to put a stop to this immediately. This situation is putting you in danger.

Yes I agree I am not comfortable with this and am working on getting her back into her own bedroom.

Any suggestions?

• Like 1

My fiancée s 2 nieces sleep with there father. One is 12 and the other 14. The mother sleeps alone. Got me stuffed, but our kids won't be sleeping with us.

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

They may be sleeping in the same room, definitely not in the same bed. This does not happen even in asia if the daughter is 14. Many rural houses do not have any special bedroom with closed doors, they sleep communally.

I see no problem here whatsoever.

If getting a good night sleep is the issue, get a bigger bed for all three of you. If you are going to be accused of something untoward with the minor, that will happen regardless of where she sleeps inside your house.

So perhaps, before the keyboard warriors assail you hereunder you can have a good think, and then post exactly why you are uncomfortable with the current arrangement.

Oh...and because it is "not my culture" is not an answer. It is a cloaked avoidance of the real reason(s) why you are uncomfortable.

Edited by fatdrunkandstupid
  • Like 2

Dude...for your own protection, you need to put a stop to this immediately. This situation is putting you in danger.

Yes I agree I am not comfortable with this and am working on getting her back into her own bedroom.

Any suggestions?

Offer to buy her an I-pad if she don't already have one....I AM being serious BTW.....tell her if she sleeps in her own room, you will buy her one so she will not be lonely in her own room....biggrin.png

Yup. TV etc, make it a place where she feels comfortable.

Isn't it hot three in a bed?

Sleeping together is village style. If ever there was an allegation of wrong doing, you could be charged in your home country.

Criminal Justice and Immigration Act 2008

This act allows people to be charged in the UK for crimes committed abroad.

I think Australia has a similar act in place.

• Like 2

If getting a good night sleep is the issue, get a bigger bed for all three of you. If you are going to be accused of something untoward with the minor, that will happen regardless of where she sleeps inside your house.

So perhaps, before the keyboard warriors assail you hereunder you can have a good think, and then post exactly why you are uncomfortable with the current arrangement.

Oh...and because it is "not my culture" is not an answer. It is a cloaked avoidance of the real reason(s) why you are uncomfortable.

You may be comfortable sleeping with a minor but I think you will be in a minority here ( or maybe not ......this is what people often associate with Thailand)

The "real" reason wether you see this as cloaked or otherwise is I want some privacy with my GF to have some "fun"

Plus I don't want to be in a position of being accused of "touching" a minor.

The fact that it isn't normally accepted in my culture covers both these topics. Or not???

• Like 2

You may be comfortable sleeping with a minor but I think you will be in a minority here ( or maybe not ......this is what people often associate with Thailand)

The "real" reason wether you see this as cloaked or otherwise is I want some privacy with my GF to have some "fun"

Plus I don't want to be in a position of being accused of "touching" a minor.

The fact that it isn't normally accepted in my culture covers both these topics. Or not???

"Steve" Pay no attention to this poster, he lives up to his monikor all the time by posting rubbish like this

Edited by Soutpeel
  • Like 2

w00t.gif ...certainly was the few times I got involved in a 'ménage à trois' with two other consenting adult ladies....thumbsup.gif

Yes it was too hot................. that problem was fixed now she has her own mattress. But still in the same bedroom.

Hoping to move her soon.

Any suggestions?

Offer to buy her an I-pad if she don't already have one....I AM being serious BTW.....tell her if she sleeps in her own room, you will buy her one so she will not be lonely in her own room....biggrin.png

Yup. TV etc, make it a place where she feels comfortable.

Some May thanks it's hot.

Any suggestions?

She's got one already.......................

Any suggestions?

She's got one already.......................

Need to find her some other suitable "bribe" then...laugh.png

You just need to tell her that it ain't happening and march her off to her own room, the only reason this happens is due to poverty. poor people sleep together and share bath water.

• Like 1