Buying (cheapish) Attched Villa in Chiang Mai

AhanFan

Does anyone know what one needs to pay for one of those 2 level houses which are attached?

I am talking about the type which has a small enclosed area in front of the house, where people use as a courtyard.

I have seen some on the East of Chiang Mai, sort of near the mountain, in some of the back lanes.

They are very nice and quiet.

Another poster was wondering about a cheap condo.

So, I have been wondering about a cheapish attached house, or what some would call a villa.

Actually, these are quite small, probably around 60 to 100 square meters.

What do they cost and what are the advantages and drawbacks to actually buying one.

Do they have problems such as theft?

I think you are referring to a townhouse. If so, they are all over the place. Cost depends mostly on the size of the land the townhouse sits on, and the part of town. There is one for sale now in the Nimmen area on Soi 2 and apparently they are refusing offers of 4.5 million, hoping to get 4.9 million.

In other parts of town (less desirable) you may get one for around 1.5 million, but I am not sure.

Security of the townhouse depends a lot on the neighborhood and what actions you take to secure your place. Cameras, gates, locks, dogs, etc all help to deter intruders.