Chalerm chairs CAPO meeting despite court's ruling

webfact

Could someone please explain how Chalerm's removal from a Cabinet position impairs his ability to continue to serve as the head of CAPO without foaming at the mouth? Is there something in the Constitution?

It's rather simple really. He holds no position of authority in the caretaker government, but assumes that he can usurp a position of power because he is a mate of Thaksin.

Are there not public servants capable of taking command, or are they insufficiently subservient to orders from abroad?

Simple, but obviously too simple for pookiki

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Chalerm, reminds me of an old man years ago and come to retirement and for months made his lunch every morning and put his suit on and kept going to the office and was told he does'nt work there anymore and told to go home.

He can't except that he's finished and not wanted.

For British people who appreciated Coronation Street circa 1980-89 (before it turned all serious) it may remind you of Stan Ogden pretending he was still a window cleaner rather than admitting he couldn't go up the ladder any more.

Inventing baseless allegations and accusations gets to be a habit around here.

Chalerm's presence at CAPO simply underscores an already absurd posture. Here is an agency that is suppose to uphold the law, but what they actually do is propose their own laws in each and every announcement they make - laws that never see the light of day by the time they reach the courts. They don't just oversee the law. They invent it. Daily. And it all has to do with who they want to go after. No charge appropriate to the task ? No problem. Just invent a new one. Let the courts unravel it - if they dare. And of course, they do. Again and again. The other optic that severely - yet comically - underscores the complete irrelevancy of CAPO is that it is headed by a man the Constitutional Court deemed committed an unconstitutional act. Most other people would slink away with a vestige of decency. But Chalerm proudly brandishes his cavalier attitude towards the courts and prefers instead to head the agency anyway - an agency that is supposed to set examples of upholding the law. So for people who are truly wondering why this looks so strange, need only consider this. If that doesn't do it, be very happy, because the very man you admire so much for the upholding of the law continues to head CAPO despite what any court in the land says.

And now the facts:

<<<snip>>> . Perhaps this will help

Spokesperson of CAPO Sirima Sunawin stated that CAPO had agreed during its meeting that the Constitutional Court’s verdict on Wednesday to dismiss Mr Chalerm from office was only applicable to his Deputy Prime Minister post. Therefore, the center viewed that he could still carry on his duty as CAPO Chief.

As a matter of fact, the Court’s ruling did not have any effects on Mr Chalerm since his role as Deputy Prime Minister had already ended before the Cabinet ordered the transfer of the National Security Council chief which was deemed unlawful by the judges. Meanwhile, his Labor Minister post, which he assumed afterwards, is also unaffected.

http://thaifinancialpost.com/2014/05/08/capo-affirms-chalerm-will-remain-as-director/

Nurse!

So you and fabby wabby support the notion that if you break the law, all you have to do is change your job title and you can't be charged, tried, found guilty and punished.

What a novel idea. But fits in great with the PT circus.

Guess what, a CAPO spokes person does not have the power to interpret a court's rulings in a uniquely novel way that pleases his boss and make that interpretation a fact.

As usual, lies and silly statements passed of as facts - PTP have done that so many times over the last 3 years.

• Like 1

Chalerm's presence at CAPO simply underscores an already absurd posture. Here is an agency that is suppose to uphold the law, but what they actually do is propose their own laws in each and every announcement they make - laws that never see the light of day by the time they reach the courts. They don't just oversee the law. They invent it. Daily. And it all has to do with who they want to go after. No charge appropriate to the task ? No problem. Just invent a new one. Let the courts unravel it - if they dare. And of course, they do. Again and again. The other optic that severely - yet comically - underscores the complete irrelevancy of CAPO is that it is headed by a man the Constitutional Court deemed committed an unconstitutional act. Most other people would slink away with a vestige of decency. But Chalerm proudly brandishes his cavalier attitude towards the courts and prefers instead to head the agency anyway - an agency that is supposed to set examples of upholding the law. So for people who are truly wondering why this looks so strange, need only consider this. If that doesn't do it, be very happy, because the very man you admire so much for the upholding of the law continues to head CAPO despite what any court in the land says.

And now the facts:

Spokesperson of CAPO Sirima Sunawin stated that CAPO had agreed during its meeting that the Constitutional Court’s verdict on Wednesday to dismiss Mr Chalerm from office was only applicable to his Deputy Prime Minister post. Therefore, the center viewed that he could still carry on his duty as CAPO Chief.

As a matter of fact, the Court’s ruling did not have any effects on Mr Chalerm since his role as Deputy Prime Minister had already ended before the Cabinet ordered the transfer of the National Security Council chief which was deemed unlawful by the judges. Meanwhile, his Labor Minister post, which he assumed afterwards, is also unaffected.

http://thaifinancialpost.com/2014/05/08/capo-affirms-chalerm-will-remain-as-director/

Nurse!

So you and fabby wabby support the notion that if you break the law, all you have to do is change your job title and you can't be charged, tried, found guilty and punished.

Guess what, a CAPO spokes person does not have the power to interpret a court's rulings in a uniquely novel way that pleases his boss and make that interpretation a fact.

As usual, lies and silly statements passed of as facts - PTP have done that so many times over the last 3 years.

Stop Press.

If Publicus is correct Thaksin doesn't need the Amnesty Bill. All those charges relate to when he was PM. He resigned (despite that apparently being illegal too, according to Fab 4 on numerous posts) and therefore isn't the PM anymore so can't be charged. Glad we cleared that one up.

Oh dear boys, Abhisit and Suthep can't be charged either then. Ah, of course, in Red World the "get out" only applies to the Thaksinistas.

More and more curious.

Reality - he was told to leave office and is ballsing it out. They could always send several grannies round and watch him bolt through the back door like last time.

Wonder if he will ever be held accountable for all that budget spent?

Edited by Baerboxer
  • Like 2

This country is screwed up because everyone (both sides) who should be in jail or off the streets is not ... Thaksin, Suthep and all the rest.

Here is another example of double standards. Foreigners may not stand up on stages and make speeches. But if you're a foreigner who is a paid lawyer - Robert Amsterdam - you can stand on the stage and say whatever you like.

Oh well, if you vote for kee, you must learn to live with kee or step cautiously around it.

I'm sure someone will be along to file a charge against him soon. That seems to be the normal cause of action, What a plank. All the warnings from Immigration to foreigners.

Of course no double standards.

If PT has the nous to leave announcements to intelligent people and was effective in its governance, then they could have easily dealt with Suthep long ago. Sadly, the fact that Chalerm is still involved shows how Thaksin himself has also completely lost the plot. Perhaps they are drinking from the same bottle.

I very much doubt the Headless Director of CAPO would allow anyone to share his bottle.

This country is screwed up because everyone (both sides) who should be in jail or off the streets is not ... Thaksin, Suthep and all the rest.

Here is another example of double standards. Foreigners may not stand up on stages and make speeches. But if you're a foreigner who is a paid lawyer - Robert Amsterdam - you can stand on the stage and say whatever you like.

Oh well, if you vote for kee, you must learn to live with kee or step cautiously around it.

I would have thought that The odious boy for rent, Boppe Amsterdam would have been arrested, given that he has pending Lese Majeste charges. Irrespective, Chalerm will have to make sure that there are no double standards about non Thais on protest stages.

• Like 1

And now the facts:

Nurse!

@Baerboxer

The above is my post. The post you reply to further above is not my post.

It's too late now for me to report it if only so the Mods/Admin could correct the error.

So for the record I identify and call attention to the wrong quote together with the wrong post at this time that I noticed it. You are responding to a post I never made.

And now the facts:

Nurse!

This reply attributed to me is also not my reply. So this reply is also wrongly attributed to me.

I will offer to hand deliver his copy, gratis.

Thank you. I will meet you there and accept it on his behalf. After that I will need to conduct a review process. That will last some time: about as long as the "review process" has taken for the courts to deal with the MURDER charges against Abhisit and Suthep for ordering the Army to attack and kill the UDD in 2010 (i.e. years).

Edited by anteater

Chalerm chairs CAPO meeting despite court's ruling

The champion of abuse knows no bounds - I wonder does he realise he on his way to the Bangkok Hilton were the EC doesn't deliver 5 star 5 course meals at the expense of the farmers - blurp blurp hiccup blurp

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/724750-thai-cabinet-divides-responsibilities-among-three-remaining-deputy-prime-ministers/?utm_source=newsletter-20140509-0759&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news

Phongthep said he was also in charge of the Centre for Administration of Peace and Order (CAPO) in place of former labour minister Chalerm Yoobamrung, who also oversaw the centre.

Not only is Chalerm deliberately ignoring the CC verdict but his own party too. Still what can one expect from someone who has a record of perverting the course of justice. A shining example of Thaksin's style of 'democracy'.

The man of disguise - he is now sitting in the corner of the CAPO meeting room with a long beard thick rimed glasses and a wig - everybody thinks he left last week

• Like 1

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/724750-thai-cabinet-divides-responsibilities-among-three-remaining-deputy-prime-ministers/?utm_source=newsletter-20140509-0759&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news

Phongthep said he was also in charge of the Centre for Administration of Peace and Order (CAPO) in place of former labour minister Chalerm Yoobamrung, who also oversaw the centre.

Not only is Chalerm deliberately ignoring the CC verdict but his own party too. Still what can one expect from someone who has a record of perverting the course of justice. A shining example of Thaksin's style of 'democracy'.

The man of disguise - he is now sitting in the corner of the CAPO meeting room with a long beard thick rimed glasses and a wig - everybody thinks he left last week

Is it wrong of me to laugh at my own posts cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Go ahead and enjoy cause you guys are the only ones who read your posts consistently or that like 'em at all.

You guys post the same propaganda repeatedly - the guys you don't like obey the law only when they like the laws......that's Thaksin 'democracy'........the bad guys ignore the (2006 military martial law) constitution .........posters you disagree with are paid.......the ignorant masses up north.......the brainwashed posters you dislike.......my god the list of repeated propaganda goes on an on, interminably and shamelessly as you take the same talking points and repeat ad infinitum.

You guys even repeat this stuff in your sleep at night and as you do the zombie sleepwalk during the daytime.

You guys should be careful you don't start to believe your own propaganda.

Just wanted to let you know your propaganda doctrine of repeat repeat repeat neither impresses nor convinces anyone other than yourselves.

Go ahead and enjoy cause you guys are the only ones who read your posts consistently or that like 'em at all.

You guys post the same propaganda repeatedly - the guys you don't like obey the law only when they like the laws......that's Thaksin 'democracy'........the bad guys ignore the (2006 military martial law) constitution .........posters you disagree with are paid.......the ignorant masses up north.......the brainwashed posters you dislike.......my god the list of repeated propaganda goes on an on, interminably and shamelessly as you take the same talking points and repeat ad infinitum.

You guys even repeat this stuff in your sleep at night and as you do the zombie sleepwalk during the daytime.

Just wanted to let you know your propaganda doctrine of repeat repeat repeat neither impresses nor convinces anyone other than yourselves.

can I laugh at you too cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

You know on a serious note - you are one scary dude, you remind of one of those kids that stole daddies gun and headed of to School but lucky you got off at the wrong bus stop and decided to go back home instead - get help before you harm someone

• Like 2

can I laugh at you too cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

You know on a serious note - you are one scary dude, you remind of one of those kids that stole daddies gun and headed of to School but lucky you got off at the wrong bus stop and decided to go back home instead - get help before you harm someone

laugh.png

I'm older than you are young'n. Which shows how off you are and how you love talking out your bottom end.

Cheers m'boy.

There can be no further proof necessary of moral bankrupcy than standing up to defend Chalerm's claims to head the Center for the Administration of Peace and Order.

The man is a gangster, him being in charge of enforcing the law and restoring peace and order is not just absurd, it's utterly immoral.