Tiler/Renderer/concrecter in Chiang Mai

chooka

I just want to share a positive story with you guys in Chiangmai.

We are currently having 63 sq mts of work done, (will be 115 when finished) we have a young guy about 26 doing all our tiling and rendering and I must say he is a professional. There is not a single flaw in his work. He takes time and is very particular and doesn't lose face if we ask him to change something.

Finding reliable, professional tradesmen is difficult. We found a few towards the end of our project after the Builder lost interest and I took over.

Electricians called in to connect Mains, Main CB Dist, board and other essentials arrived promptly 9am next day, 6 men, worked all day and supplied some light wiring and Mains terminal fittings ,.. all for 3,000 Bt.

LPG Installer, used copper and did a pro-job... all others wanted to use galv steel pipe.

Painters have been here a month and boy oh boy, what pro's... I am so glad we pulled the pin on Builder's Tai Yai's. Painting contractor of 15 years experience had to leave our job for an emergency re-paint at Phu Ping Palace ahead of a royal visit ... I joked with him that he can now advertise "By Royal Appointment" ...

Edited by kaptainrob
  • Like 1

Finding reliable, professional tradesmen is difficult. We found a few towards the end of our project after the Builder lost interest and I took over.

Electricians called in to connect Mains, Main CB Dist, board and other essentials arrived promptly 9am next day, 6 men, worked all day and supplied some light wiring and Mains terminal fittings ,.. all for 3,000 Bt.

LPG Installer, used copper and did a pro-job... all others wanted to use galv steel pipe.

Painters have been here a month and boy oh boy, what pro's... I am so glad we pulled the pin on Builder's Tai Yai's. Painting contractor of 15 years experience had to leave our job for an emergency re-paint at Phu Ping Palace ahead of a royal visit ... I joked with him that he can now advertise "By Royal Appointment" ...

Agree we had the same problem with our building and told him to bugger off and have been bringing independent people. Looking for a decent sparkie still. I think a lot of these so called builders just drive along the road where all the Burmese workers hang out waiting for a days work and ask, Have you ever screwed in a light bulb, great jump in your my electrician, have you ever built a sand castle, great your my brickie.

We got our tiler from word of mouth, brickie, tiler and renderer.