Good dentist for wisdom tooth extraction

cmsally

Just thought I'd ask for any recent experience on dentists. Specifically for removing impacted wisdom tooth.

Looking for direct experience and recommendations (or places to avoid!)

Cost not an issue as covered by insurance. Looking for skilled experienced dentist that hopefully has the knack to do a good job so recovery period and pain minimal!

Thank you!

Before you offer commiserations, its not for me but for my daughter. tongue.png

My best dental experiences were at the RAM dental clinic. I have never had any pain there and have had several root canals, a wisdom tooth removed and other procedures. I tried a more modern place that a friend kept pushing recently, but the dentist's English was not very good and I was not sure what she was trying to tell me. I'm going back to RAM.

Go to any dentist and ask for sodium pentathol .You won't even know your getting dental work done.Thats the best thing if your A little nervous about dentist in general.

I am more than a little nervous about dentists but I would like to know what sodium pentathol is before I ask for it

Go to any dentist and ask for sodium pentathol .You won't even know your getting dental work done.Thats the best thing if your A little nervous about dentist in general.

I am more than a little nervous about dentists but I would like to know what sodium pentathol is before I ask for it

Sodium pentothal is a drug that is used as part of a lethal injection. It is in the barbiturate class of drugs and the purpose of the drug is to slow down the central nervous system. If the dose is high enough, sodium pentothal can cause death.

It would certainly calm your nerves!

My best dental experiences were at the RAM dental clinic. I have never had any pain there and have had several root canals, a wisdom tooth removed and other procedures. I tried a more modern place that a friend kept pushing recently, but the dentist's English was not very good and I was not sure what she was trying to tell me. I'm going back to RAM.

My previous comments regarding most anything at Ram, and specifically the dental clinic, stand.

Dr. Supachi at Big Smile will do you the best. Work with him. http://www.bigsmile-chiangmai.com/

Got some experience with both RAM and Grace . I guess problem is , searching for particular dentist rather than place, as the dentists seem to shift around a bit. Had good and bad experiences at RAM and mostly good at Grace. Maybe should give them a call and ask them who does the oral surgery. Thanks for recommendations so far.

If its covered by your insurance, absolutely go with Grace Dental. Probably the most expensive in town but they do fantastic work. Also, the strategy of "go to any dentist and ask for sodium pentathol" is not a good one.