How to go from Phangan to Tao with motorbike?

I've seem 'chicken chasers' being carried on seatran and lompriah. Your best bet would be to enquire at their offices.

HTH

ccheader.jpg

yes seen this on occasion too...although wondered if it was employee bikes.... go ask.... ! .... So long as the bike can fit up the ramp, you might be OK....

otherwise, it's a trip via Donsak,.... I think... bah.gif

This is crazy to go via Donsak

much better than going via Chumpon whistling.gif

Most boats from KPN to K Tao are foot passenger ferries. They are not designed for larger goods/vehicles.

Goods and vehicles are transported from Donsak or Chumpon.

Or - rent a boat?

• Like 2

If you ask them nicely ($) I am sure everything can be arranged.....I saw on a few occasions bikes on the Seatran ferry (from Samui to Tao), even bigger things, but not sure if they belonged to employees or else. Go to the office in Phangan and ask them nicely. From Samui it would be easier as you could load the bike early (say by 7am) as boarding usually starts at 7.30.

Having said that, sometimes the ferry is parked against another ferry, meaning that you need to go through the first ferry to get to the one departing. May be the 13.30pm departure will be easier. Good luck.

• Like 1

If you ask them nicely ($) I am sure everything can be arranged.....I saw on a few occasions bikes on the Seatran ferry (from Samui to Tao), even bigger things, but not sure if they belonged to employees or else. Go to the office in Phangan and ask them nicely. From Samui it would be easier as you could load the bike early (say by 7am) as boarding usually starts at 7.30.

Having said that, sometimes the ferry is parked against another ferry, meaning that you need to go through the first ferry to get to the one departing. May be the 13.30pm departure will be easier. Good luck.

Yes - lifting a bike over the other parked up ferries would be 'interesting'. facepalm.gif

Nice reply man, I will try and report here. Thank you!

• Like 1

I know of a cargo boat that runs from Samui(Nathon - Seatran pier) to Koh Tao and I assume it makes a stop at Phangan on the way. I have seen motorbikes being loaded onto the top deck several times.

Both of these sites indicate a sort of schedule for a cargo boat:

http://kohtao.sawadee.com/kohtao_transfer.html

http://www.kohtaocenter.com/kohtao/time.htm

• Like 1