When a Thai girl tells you to bring your mother along

ve741

She's wants to know about your past. Who better to ask than your mother?

I took my girlfriends out with my parents once and and my father said in a loud voice "she is far too nice for you"

so be warned

• Like 2

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who lives in Thailand with their Mother?

Is the OP a Thai?

surprisingly a lot of single farang men do.

No, No, No ... say it isn't so ... facepalm.gif

My faith in human civilisation relies on this.

HANDS UP ALL THOSE (western men) WHO LIVE IN THAILAND WITH THEIR MOTHERS ... rolleyes.gif

Oscar2 ... do you do?

My wife and family are always at me to bring Mum and Dad over, they don't understand the difficulty of bringing geriatric dementia sufferers anywhere, but they have met them when I took them to Aus. Even if they didn't have it I wouldn't do it though I had enough of Mum's nagging when I was a teenager. For the OP whatever the circumstance the girl is serious.

Why do people post these kinds of threads but never pop back in to contribute nor add more information when required?

Are they sitting back and laughing their heads off or something?

• Like 1

She's wants to know about your past. Who better to ask than your mother?

I took my girlfriends out with my parents once and and my father said in a loud voice "she is far too nice for you"

so be warned

So long as they don't say 'she's nicer than all those others you've brought home'.
  • Like 1

Is the OP a Thai?

surprisingly a lot of single farang men do. i was surprised at this phenomenon when i first became aware of it. then i discovered that these men who portray themselves as successful entrepreneurs are actually losers who convinced their dear old mum to move with them to LOS to escape the terrible weather in the U.K., etc... but the real motivation is of course, so that they can sponge of their mother's pensions, which finance their drinking and whoring habits. in our moobaan alone, there are 2 such farang men who live with their elderly mothers; a Dutch man and a British man, both i would say are in their late 50's. i've spoken with both a few times, neither of which can claim ever having any significant job or career. one guy is gay, the other a drunk who walks around the moobaan with no shirt on and a Chang beer in his hand all day long. i also met an American guy at a friend's house a few years back who lived with his elderly mother here in Chiang Mai. she was picking up the tab on the son, his Isaan wife, and their child. not so uncommon it seems.

anybody want to start a thread on 'trust fund men' or men in their 50's-60's being sent a monthly allowance by their elderly parents who live in their home countries??

Never met one since I got here, although I don't doubt it happens, though can't think loads.

As for Trust fund babies, there are loads of them.

Is the OP a Thai?

surprisingly a lot of single farang men do. i was surprised at this phenomenon when i first became aware of it. then i discovered that these men who portray themselves as successful entrepreneurs are actually losers who convinced their dear old mum to move with them to LOS to escape the terrible weather in the U.K., etc... but the real motivation is of course, so that they can sponge of their mother's pensions, which finance their drinking and whoring habits. in our moobaan alone, there are 2 such farang men who live with their elderly mothers; a Dutch man and a British man, both i would say are in their late 50's. i've spoken with both a few times, neither of which can claim ever having any significant job or career. one guy is gay, the other a drunk who walks around the moobaan with no shirt on and a Chang beer in his hand all day long. i also met an American guy at a friend's house a few years back who lived with his elderly mother here in Chiang Mai. she was picking up the tab on the son, his Isaan wife, and their child. not so uncommon it seems.

anybody want to start a thread on 'trust fund men' or men in their 50's-60's being sent a monthly allowance by their elderly parents who live in their home countries??

I do think Oscar2 have a point – when I think about it, I do know some. smile.png
I even know a mum – well only coming/living part time – who bought a ticket to Thailand for her son, so he could meet a nice Thai girl and find a good girlfriend. When he arrived she borrowed him her platinum MasterCard, which became very handy for a while, until mum realized the size of outflow from partying with potential young ladies and limited the allowance.sad.png
He did not find the “good girl” in first attempt but came back alone, and when he did meet one steadier young lady, mum rushed in – officially holiday with her husband, but I think curiosity also was a major reason – and the young lady in question could “meet mum”…!wai2.gif
Clever girl, she made a good impression on mum and was invited to visit her in Europe. Happy ending, after some years the son and the young lady got married and just had a baby…thumbsup.gif
»What would you make of this…«
Well, from above story, the Thai lady may just wish to make a “good impression” on mum…whistling.gif

i would make of this that you are a mama boy that still lives with her ?

who in his right mind would bring his mom ?

or this girl wants to talk marriage on the first date

She said something about my mom being her mom too facepalm.gif

and ya she's desperate to get married and "start family".....and "not want be late"........... and she's exclusively looking for a foreign guy. xermm.gif.pagespeed.ic.7f2Kr9k8HC.png

now wonder she's been single for so long tongue.png

Edited by ve741
  • Like 1

She said something about my mom being her mom too facepalm.gif

and ya she's desperate to get married and "start family"... and she's exclusively looking for a foreign guy. xermm.gif.pagespeed.ic.7f2Kr9k8HC.png

now wonder she's been single for so long tongue.png

So, just confirming ... you live in Thailand.

Your Mother lives there also?

In the same place?

David48

Your kids do don't they? How old are they now by the way? Are they OK?

Thanks ... they are all good now ... born premature, but past the immediate danger phase.

Latest photos here ... http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/279140-show-your-half-asian-baby/?p=7804547

OH ... only 3 1/2 months old and yes, they do sleep with Mum ... I'm banned and off to the sofa. I'm cool with that. Normally I only get woken when there is a problem ... usually when they go off at the same time.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Another potential condo diver

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

desperate for marriage and the money that comes with it. will probably take any man with money.

Since the OP was terribly vague, how can you have even close to enough of a clue about what's going on to make such blanket generalizations? Maybe they've already basically committed to marrying each other. Even if you're probably right, making assumptions like that just reflects poorly on you, and makes it obvious to everyone else here of the type of company you keep in Thailand. Try not to assume the worst about everyone, or assume that every single Thai woman will fit neatly into your simple generalizations.

This has to be a girl just out of high school.

The OP should give us the ages.

Just asking this group of maniacs, well...........

there was also the guy who got the girlfriend in Yala,

and the guy whose wife bought a tatoo with money for food,

and the guy whose wife bought a gold ring with the money the kids needed for the doctor.

can this all really be happening, to MEN?

Edited by Scarpolo

this gives me a business idea:

Rent-a Mum

Are you thinking about Mrs Doubtfire style mum, or a real woman?

I've been told you look alright in a set of heals but apparently your constant errections are somewhat of a concern. :P

Clearly, this is a young girl.

If the OP is older than the mother, that will be wierd.

No.

The girl wants the OP to bring His Mother.

Not much chance the OP is actually older than his own mother 55555555

No.

again,

if the OP is older than THE MOTHER, that will be wierd.

my thai girl was/is 32,, THE mother was 51. I am 54.

needless to say, she did not demonstrate any warmth,

(so, we just gave her a video camera and had her film us instead)

No.

again,

if the OP is older than THE MOTHER, that will be wierd.

my thai girl was/is 32,, THE mother was 51. I am 54.

needless to say, she did not demonstrate any warmth,

(so, we just gave her a video camera and had her film us instead)

The girl has requested that the man bring his own mother.

What's the girls mother got to do with this?

Is she coming too?

Maybe we all can go, where are they eating? I am preparing to fast before the feast ;)