Phuket man packing heat, drugs crashes after staring down police vehicle

webfact

Phuket man packing heat, drugs crashes after staring down police vehicle
Phuket Gazette

1_201451312656171_TqeizxsQFamFBxOHBGcvTn
Officers rushed to help Mr Chainarong and then discovered that we was in possession of two handguns and drugs. Photo: Thawit Bilabdullar

PHUKET: -- A man in the illegal possession of two guns and drugs was so distracted by a police vehicle last night that he crashed his motorbike into a car in Thalang.

Police rushed over to the badly injured Chainarong Singsombat, 27, to whisk him away to hospital, but hesitated when they discovered that he was packing heat.

“We found a homemade handgun designed to take shotgun cartridges, a 9mm handgun, 15 rounds of ammunition, 1,440 ya bah (methamphetamine) pills and .6 grams of a ya ice (crystal methamphetamine),” said Lt Suchart Leucha of the Thalang police.

“He had been staring at the police truck, so he didn’t see the car in the middle of the road waiting to turn right into a housing estate. He crashed into it hard.”

Mr Chainarong was in too much pain to be brought to the Thalang Police Station for questioning, so he was taken directly to the Thalang Hospital, Lt Suchart explained.

“Once he is released from hospital, the legal process will begin,” Lt Suchart added.

Mr Chainarong was charged with the possession of a Category 1 Drug with intent to sell and the illegal possession of a gun and ammunition in a public place.

— Thawit Bilabdullar

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Phuket-man-packing-heat-drugs-crashes-staring/29425#ad-image-1

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2014-05-13

Holy Cow!

A homemade pistol modified to fire 12 gauge shotgun rounds from a 7" combined chamber & barrel.

Deadly at close range as it pulverizes organs so there is nothing to even sew back up.

Lucky to get that gun and that man off the street!

Edited by ClutchClark
  • Like 2

Mr Chainarong was charged with the possession of a Category 1 Drug with intent to sell and the illegal possession of a gun and ammunition in a public place.

​Not for damaging property that does not belong to him ??? And was he wearing a helmet at the time of the accident ?

​Not for damaging property that does not belong to him ??? And was he wearing a helmet at the time of the accident ?

"​Not for damaging property that does not belong to him ??? And was he wearing a helmet at the time of the accident ?"

Yes, I wonder how the police overlooked those major offences (if they were in fact overlooked), much more serious than those that were reported that he was charged for.

• Like 1

Holy Cow!

A homemade pistol modified to fire 12 gauge shotgun rounds from a 7" combined chamber & barrel.

Deadly at close range as it pulverizes organs so there is nothing to even sew back up.

Lucky to get that gun and that man off the street!

Reminds me of the Guy that shot himself between the legs with one of those recently. He didn't have much left to sew back in place and died soon after.

Lethal bits of kit.

I can't recall how many times I have seen Thai's moving forward while starring backwards at something. It doesn't matter if it is walking, on a motorcycle, or in a car/truck. This has resulted in me witnessing some devastating accidents over the years.

What is going through their minds?

If something is that interesting...stop what you are doing, pull over, and go check it out.

I can't imagine either of those pistols shown in the photo are referring to the modified weapon for the shotgun cartridges. I don't even see how the round could fit in them.

Look at he upper pistol, there is a large cylinder obscured beneath the plastic. It takes a moment to distinguish it.

• Like 1

I can't recall how many times I have seen Thai's moving forward while starring backwards at something. It doesn't matter if it is walking, on a motorcycle, or in a car/truck. This has resulted in me witnessing some devastating accidents over the years.

If something is that interesting...stop what you are doing, pull over, and go check it out.

not a lot goes through their minds full stop. if you cant manage to see a car stopped in front of you while looking at something to the side then youre not really that sharp in the 1st place. i had some idiot ram me from the rear on a scooter cos he was talking on the phone......but looking forward. 6 of them showed up later with a gun.

just guessing here: it only single shot then your arm/hand would be so sore you couldnt reload it.

where is the hospital that has security bars on the rooms capable of stopping this guy from doing a runner/ being helped out by his gang.?

Its OK immigration are all over runners now.

So you're saying this guy, stops, gets off his motorcycle and goes over to the cops and says.

"Who are you looking at?" ?!

Right. Interesting.

• Like 1

"Packing Heat" - such a nice newspaper.

Yes,i was wondering about that,the author of this piece has been reading too many American comics,should stick to Thai ghost comics.

Sounds like something out of a bad '50's B movie.

• Like 1

just guessing here: it only single shot then your arm/hand would be so sore you couldnt reload it.

where is the hospital that has security bars on the rooms capable of stopping this guy from doing a runner/ being helped out by his gang.?

So you think if it were automatic your hand would be less sore? Doesn't make sense. BTW, recoil would depend on the load and those in the photo are not particularly high energy loads. That said, the light weight and extremely short barrel length would amplify recoil compared to a 28" shotgun.

So you think if it were automatic your hand would be less sore? Doesn't make sense. BTW, recoil would depend on the load and those in the photo are not particularly high energy loads. That said, the light weight and extremely short barrel length would amplify recoil compared to a 28" shotgun.

I shoot both 357 and 44 and it would be a cold day in hell before I'd want to fire off a 20 or 12 gauge from a small handgun. Get enough kick back from a regular shotgun. May be a good back up, walking through Bear country.

• Like 1

One more young man in prison for 10 years, not paying taxes. I know there has to be penalty but seems jail is not a deterrent and is not working and same in most countries.

I am not sure his prison sentence is designed as a deterrent at this point, it is to get a potential killer out of society before he kills innocent people in crossfire or during a rampage when he is high and loses face. Lr causes an accident.

Any cost for incarceration or loss of tax base is small in comparison to the the devastation on a victims family...atleast that is how I view it being a husband and father.

Edited by ClutchClark

I prefer S&W 50 more knock down power

Not a good woods gun. That hogleg is far too heavy for a guy that carries all day everyday in the woods... Unless you're built like Paul Bunyan. But undoubtedly alot more power.

Edited by ClutchClark