Chimiotherapy

reg3

This is a tough one. Do you know the chemo schedule? And would you be bale to travel? As cost is a concern you'll be best off going to a governemnt hospital but only regional level facilities do chemo.

Thanks,

My french neuro-surgerist tell me what just before I went back to Thailand

but I don't get all details for now doctors have to meet all together (neuro-surgerist, neuro-oncologist, etc...)

In advance I try to figure if it's possible here in Thailand in "easy" way

I get oligodendrogliome

1 year of chimiotherapy PCV in 1999/2000

1 brain surgery in 2007

1 brain surgery in 2013

all in France

and now need 1 year of chimiothery TEMODAL and if I can I would like do this in Thailand...

Reg3

You will I expect need a complete set of medical records (preferably written in English) which details your history and recommended treatment.

It is unlikely that treatment can be provided on Krabi or anywhere near.

Someone else will advise you but I suspect you may need to go to Bangkok.

You have basically 2 options other than returning to France

1. Bangkok Hospital Phuket, which does have an oncologist . http://www.phukethospital.com/Find-A-Doctor.php

However given the complexity of your case I strongly suggest you have initial consultation to develop a treatment plan at the main Bangkok Hospital In Bangkok, which has a dedicated cancer hospital. Suggest you contact them and arrange to meet with both neurologist and oncologist there so proper plan of treatment can be developed/coordinated. http://www.bangkokhospital.com/wattanosoth/en/

Costs will be considerable – exactly how high I can’t say, have to ask them. Also depends on how many cycles of chemo you need and whether you suffer any ill effects.

1. Regional Government Hospital with a cancer center – Surat Thani Cancer Center. Will cost much less but lost of red tape, long waits and hard to navigate unless you bring a Thai speaker with you, at least the first time.

If you do not have insurance then I would worry about more than the cost of the chemo. If anything goes wrong – either an exacerbation of your cancer or an unrelated medical problem/Accident, costs even in a government hospital can reach the millions of baht.

Frankly I think you are by far better off completing treatment in your home country.

Thanks Sheryl,

I will contact those hospitals

like you said "Costs will be considerable – exactly how high I can’t say" sad.png

I'll let you know...

Reg3

Edited by reg3