Elephant found dead in Kuiburi national park

webfact

Elephant found dead in Kuiburi national park

BANGKOK: -- A six-year-old male elephant was found dead in Kuiburi national park Tuesday morning in which park officials suspected it might be poisoned.

The dead elephant was found while a group of 50 park officials, police, soldiers and volunteers was patrolling the park looking for evidence of poisons after they found a used bag of Lannate insecticide placed in between two branches of a tree near the stream in the Kunjarapramarn conservation, about 200 metres from the project office.

The place is where park officials found carcasses of almost 20 wild gaurs several months ago.

They then conducted a joint patrol to inspect if any animal fell victim to the insecticide.

The elephant died a few days earlier and there were traces of bleeding on its nose and mouth which was a symptom of being poisoned.

But park officials said laboratory test could confirm the cause of its death.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/elephant-found-dead-kuiburi-national-park/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-05-13

Something is badly wrong in this park,the Guars,now this.

You're quite right about that, but what? Lannate is a Dupont pesticide that is used for controlling pests on about 20 different kinds of crops, but it's incredibly toxic in large doses, and seems to be a favorite of poisoners here,.

Here's a TV thread.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/651027-where-to-buy-atropine-methomyl-poisoning/

Sad , probably they only find few of the death animals , the park is huge .

Only thing i can hope is that this senseless poisoning ends quickly .

From what I know from the locals it seems to be a conflict between some highranked persons .

• Like 1

You're quite right about that, but what? Lannate is a Dupont pesticide that is used for controlling pests on about 20 different kinds of crops, but it's incredibly toxic in large doses, and seems to be a favorite of poisoners here,.

Here's a TV thread.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/651027-where-to-buy-atropine-methomyl-poisoning/

Lannate is sold over the counter here , also furadan , 1/4 teaspoon can kill a person , nasty shit , and both are used in agriculture here .

furadan is also used in Africa to kill lions

the park is huge .

"after they found a used bag of Lannate insecticide placed in between two branches of a tree near the stream in the Kunjarapramarn conservation, about 200 metres from the project office."

Park might be huge, but observational operations are obviously not!

Sounds a bit fishy to me... or elephanty, to be excused.....

Complete and utter rubbish being spouted by uncorrupt park officials, of course.... ? 200m from project office.... is somebody playing ebony and ivory here?

Here's a TV thread.

Lannate is sold over the counter here , also furadan , 1/4 teaspoon can kill a person , nasty shit , and both are used in agriculture here .

furadan is also used in Africa to kill lions

What isn't sold over the counter here, in all honesty, or even under it?

I know a guy sitting not far away from me, and he just bought a leagally stamped 1 year extended non-B for 12,000 baht.. doesn't even have to produce every 90 days.. it's a 1 year deal.. report again on May 11th 2015.. chopped and done! whistling.gifcheesy.gif

Mind you, he didn't kill an elephant or poison anybody for it.... well may have been poisoned himself actually, in spending on corruption.. w00t.gif

Pigs fly too!

• Like 1

Power battle for who gets to control the park, present guy losers animals like this he gets fired, there is another guy waiting to step into grab his share of corruption money meant for the up keep and running of the park. GF is from Kui Buri and lives on the edge of the park and told me about it months ago, some family are park rangers. They all know who is responsible and why.

Ur GF is spot on in this , but its all hush hush , nobody really dares to speak up to officials .

POISON?
'Blue powder' may be behind elephant's death

Kampanart Khantrakool
The Nation
Prachuap Khiri Khan

BANGKOK: -- Officials are investigating to see if a blue powder - believed to be some form of pesticide - had anything to do with the death of a wild elephant at Kui Buri Forest Reserve.

The carcass of the pachyderm was found yesterday. Kui Buri National Park's chief Prawattisart Janthep and Yang Chum Police Station's superintendent Colonel Tinnakorn Prainupong visited the scene personally.

Before the elephant's carcass was found, many gaurs were also found dead in this forest reserve.

Ongoing investigation found elephant footprints and a suspicious blue powder sprinkled around the mango-tree zone. It is believed that this blue powder is methomyl, a chemical that has been banned in several countries.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-05-14

What's badly wrong is the new Kuiburi park chief who used to assist at Kaeng Krachan next door and allegedly was caught red-handed taking ivory from a dead elephant. DNP only employs highly skilled people to manage its parks and wildlife.

• Like 2

POISON?

'Blue powder' may be behind elephant's death

Kampanart Khantrakool

The Nation

Prachuap Khiri Khan

BANGKOK: -- Officials are investigating to see if a blue powder - believed to be some form of pesticide - had anything to do with the death of a wild elephant at Kui Buri Forest Reserve.

The carcass of the pachyderm was found yesterday. Kui Buri National Park's chief Prawattisart Janthep and Yang Chum Police Station's superintendent Colonel Tinnakorn Prainupong visited the scene personally.

Before the elephant's carcass was found, many gaurs were also found dead in this forest reserve.

Ongoing investigation found elephant footprints and a suspicious blue powder sprinkled around the mango-tree zone. It is believed that this blue powder is methomyl, a chemical that has been banned in several countries.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2014-05-14

What's badly wrong is the new Kuiburi park chief who used to assist at Kaeng Krachan next door and allegedly was caught red-handed taking ivory from a dead elephant. DNP only employs highly skilled people to manage its parks and wildlife.

Does he have a name?

.......respect life......???

......have you ever seen it......through the veil of Buddhism......???

.....sad to say........not......

(Many people who have studied or practiced Buddhism, experience the shock of their lives when they come to Thailand....)

• Like 2

Power battle for who gets to control the park, present guy losers animals like this he gets fired, there is another guy waiting to step into grab his share of corruption money meant for the up keep and running of the park. GF is from Kui Buri and lives on the edge of the park and told me about it months ago, some family are park rangers. They all know who is responsible and why.

Ur GF is spot on in this , but its all hush hush , nobody really dares to speak up to officials .

aka Thainess... me big u small... so keep your mouth shut, ok na khrap wai.gif

.......respect life......???

......have you ever seen it......through the veil of Buddhism......???

.....sad to say........not......

(Many people who have studied or practiced Buddhism, experience the shock of their lives when they come to Thailand....)

i never studied buddhism so pls help me: which buddhist country is better in regards to theory and practice about buddhism/religion in general?

the park is huge .

"after they found a used bag of Lannate insecticide placed in between two branches of a tree near the stream in the Kunjarapramarn conservation, about 200 metres from the project office."

Park might be huge, but observational operations are obviously not!

Sounds a bit fishy to me... or elephanty, to be excused.....

Complete and utter rubbish being spouted by uncorrupt park officials, of course.... ? 200m from project office.... is somebody playing ebony and ivory here?

Excuse me? How do you know it's rubbish? You're probably right about someone wanting to sell the ivory. That's easy to see, reading between the lines, the usual reason for poaching elephants. My guess would be that it's not wildlife officials but a local "guide" or someone well-known to the park officials. I say this with a little experience, having done some wildlife/tourism volunteer work on the fringes of Khao Yai NP. The locals and the government were trying to encourage tourism to replace poaching. Some of the guides I spoke with there in 2006 admitted to being former poachers. Surely not all of those "guides" are 100% with the program.