Foreign Investors eager to see formation of a new Thai government

webfact

Foreign Investors eager to see formation of a new government

PNECO570514001000801_14052014_041147.jpg

BANGKOK, 14 May 2014 (NNT) - Foreign investors are curious about the outcome of Thailand’s political situation, while hoping that the turmoil could clear up shortly.

The Finance Ministry has stated that foreign investors have slowed down their investment activities at this point in order to see the political conflict finalized by this month. According to the ministry, investors hope to see a new government established soon, either through the process of an election or a designation.

TISCO Wealth had disclosed that even though investors are turning to the northern Asian markets, they are still keeping an eye on emerging markets such as Thailand. Should the political situation clear up, then the funds would be gradually flowing into the region and the export sector would start to recover.

According to TISCO, investors are eager to put their money into markets that have low stock valuations in order to get bargain prices for company shares. Right now, the overall P/E ratio is 15.3 for developed markets and 10.8 for emerging markets such as Thailand. Based on this data, the average prices of Thai shares are relatively cheaper than those in the developed markets. Some Thai stocks which are attractive to foreign investors include the ones in the banking, energy, and communications sectors

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-05-14 footer_n.gif

If I was a foreign Investor, there is to much risk in Thailand to warrant investment, although the industrials have escaped so far unscratched this might not be so in the future, if only the crystal ball was a bit more clearer, one analyst even mentioned civil war , which I thought might be an extreme ,there in lies the problem ,is it. coffee1.gif

If I was a foreign Investor, there is to much risk in Thailand to warrant investment, although the industrials have escaped so far unscratched this might not be so in the future, if only the crystal ball was a bit more clearer, one analyst even mentioned civil war , which I thought might be an extreme ,there in lies the problem ,is it. coffee1.gif

Investing in certain SET listed companies is still an attractive option. These are the Thailand based companies that generate the majority if their profits outside of Thailand. These companies are keeping the SET higher than would be expected given the political situation. The reality is, though, that not a great deal of these profits find their way back into the Thai economy.

Foreign investors should run and run as fast they can away from putting money in Thailand stocks. Can you imagine the insider deals and opaque transactions in Thailand? Just read the news. You get what you deserve.

• Like 1

What is the building pictured in the OP ?

I hope it isn't in any way related to investor confidence, because that is the most messed up design of a building I've ever seen.

The front of Government House. Parliament is opposite Dusit Zoo about 2km away

For me, it sometimes difficult to understand why people e-mail replies/opinions on subject matter they don't understand or have knowledge of, and some definitely don't understand economics. Wasn't it Warren Buffett who previously said something to the effect of "Buy when there is blood on the streets"? People, the sky is not falling and Thailand is not unravelling, but is only going through a rough patch because it is a developing country. Most of these opinions are negative, and yet if you practice the contrarian style of investing, then now is the time to start looking at equities because Thai stocks are starting to look undervalued. This represents a good buying opportunity if you are a long-term investor and not a day-trader or other short-term speculator. Take a deep breath and start looking around for the good shares on offer.

For me, it sometimes difficult to understand why people e-mail replies/opinions on subject matter they don't understand or have knowledge of, and some definitely don't understand economics. Wasn't it Warren Buffett who previously said something to the effect of "Buy when there is blood on the streets"? People, the sky is not falling and Thailand is not unravelling, but is only going through a rough patch because it is a developing country. Most of these opinions are negative, and yet if you practice the contrarian style of investing, then now is the time to start looking at equities because Thai stocks are starting to look undervalued. This represents a good buying opportunity if you are a long-term investor and not a day-trader or other short-term speculator. Take a deep breath and start looking around for the good shares on offer.

that was pretty much the worst financial advice I have seen in a while,

Thai economy is in process of destruction, and you say buy now?

the blood in the streets comment was originally Bernard Baruch,

and of course, before that, Nathan Rothschild

Thai stocks are in the batters box,

for a battering,

then, you want to buy, go ahead,

catch the falling knife

Do you remember when Japan was a develoing country some 30 years ago ?

At one point the stock market crashed and today Japan is a world leader in technology, but the stock market has never recovered.