Hotel Wi-fi on the move.

I don't know if this the right place on the forum to post my request for info. but here goes...

I have recently moved away from Windows XP and my pc and tower processer and moved on to a new laptop with Wi-Fi , I will be on the move soon to Pattaya for three months,staying off in BKK for a week or so , I would like to know if I need a router/modem to connect to the net and is the wi-fi connection in rooms or one communal area, because last time at the Tai-Pan all the guys seemed to be in one area using their respective laptops.

thanks in advance. regards.coffee1.gif

That depends what you plan to do. If you like to be mobile you should purchase an air card or similar with a SIM card and a data plan.

For wifi access in hotels this all depends. Some hotels offer free wifi throughout the building, others only in the lobby or other communal areas. Some hotels do not offer free wifi and you need to purchase a package.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

That depends what you plan to do. If you like to be mobile you should purchase an air card or similar with a SIM card and a data plan.

For wifi access in hotels this all depends. Some hotels offer free wifi throughout the building, others only in the lobby or other communal areas. Some hotels do not offer free wifi and you need to purchase a package.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thank for advice TobiasML . I am adviced that Wi-Fi is offerd free throughout the Tai-Pan Hotel. thanks again.