EC refuses to approve Camronwit's transfer unless police chief justifies it

webfact

EC refuses to approve Camronwit's transfer unless police chief justifies it

BANGKOK: -- The Election Commission Wednesday refused to approve the transfer of Metropolitan Police chief Pol Lt Gen Camronwit Toopgrajank to head the Provincial Police Bureau 5 for fear that he would serve as a political canvasser there, a source said.

The source said the EC saw that the Chiang Mai-based Provincial Police Bureau 5 is in charge of northern provinces, which are strongholds of a political party so his transfer might benefit the party.

Moreover, the EC saw that the transfer was proposed outside the normal transfer period.

The source said the EC would summon Police Commissioner General Pol Gen Adul Saengsingkaew to defend the transfer on Tuesday.

If Adul fails to turn up, the EC would regard that the transfer would be formally rejected.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-05-14

• Like 2

Apart from the EC's concerns regarding election campaigning,the real reason as Bangkok Chief with an imminent crackdown, Mr. T doesn't want his mate implicated in any botched attempt that is inevitably going cause bloodshed and loss of life.

• Like 1

One benefit of having the EC, CC Senate lining up against the elected Governement is that virtually everybody can see what is going on.

They are totally outed now and we can see the types of people who believe in their god given right to rule Thailand and have access to all its riches.

Well done EC. If you could organise an election like you can get involved in partisan politics, it could happen.

The idea of the Coup was always to antagonise the Police to attack the PDRC back in November and call in the army. fail

Once it became obvious that the reds would not provoke the army enough for them to coup, they trashed the election and tried to call a coup to "rescue" the country from the political vacuum and problems that they themselves had engineered. Fail

Fall back was on the Courts, who one by one were called up to get rid of democracy and this failed due to them not removing enough Government members to negate the Temp Government. So we now have a new Elected temp PM. Fail

So now it on to the Senate who they hope can magically appoint a neutral (of Sutheps choosing) PM. They can call it, but they can't impose it on the country even if they were crazed enough to try.

So all the elites have now lined up in the open all the appointed people that were supposed to be behind the scenes just getting about the business of keeping anybody other than themselves in power.

Nice to see the real enemies of democracy this time instead of having it all pinned on the Army!!

what democracy are you referring to pipkins...awful being dominated by non submissive members..(sorry i meant clued up my mistake)..shall i stand in the corner sir

• Like 2

"The source said the EC saw that the Chiang Mai-based Provincial Police Bureau 5 is in charge of northern provinces, which are strongholds of a political party so his transfer might benefit the party.

Moreover, the EC saw that the transfer was proposed outside the normal transfer period.

The source said the EC would summon Police Commissioner General Pol Gen Adul Saengsingkaew to defend the transfer on Tuesday."

I'd say that's pretty clear that the EC is not promoting Shin transfers to gain any form of maintained PTP/UDD/Thaksin democracy, and is clearly against such moves. Or is it not that clear?

"is in charge of northern provinces, which are strongholds of a political party so his transfer might benefit the party."

In this usage, is such not clearly augmented? Then again, I may be politically blind. whistling.gif

By the way..... I like it!

It's clear what has become the stand-point of the EC, CC and all those in opposition of the currently skirting 'Caretaker Government' position.

Enjoy trying to skirmish your positions of power, as it's obvious you are doing a good job at exactly that. rolleyes.gif

Shows the depth of corruption in Thailand when the police chief is so important for the control of an area by a political party

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What has EC got to do with Police transfer?

Must be the interim caretaker status of the remainder of the Pheu Thai led government and maybe the possible effect on elections those guys try to take care of.

interim acting deputy care taker status. (I am not sure isn't the care taker already expired?) expired interim acting deputy care taker status.

One benefit of having the EC, CC Senate lining up against the elected Governement is that virtually everybody can see what is going on.

They are totally outed now and we can see the types of people who believe in their god given right to rule Thailand and have access to all its riches.

Well done EC. If you could organise an election like you can get involved in partisan politics, it could happen.

The idea of the Coup was always to antagonise the Police to attack the PDRC back in November and call in the army. fail

Once it became obvious that the reds would not provoke the army enough for them to coup, they trashed the election and tried to call a coup to "rescue" the country from the political vacuum and problems that they themselves had engineered. Fail

Fall back was on the Courts, who one by one were called up to get rid of democracy and this failed due to them not removing enough Government members to negate the Temp Government. So we now have a new Elected temp PM. Fail

So now it on to the Senate who they hope can magically appoint a neutral (of Sutheps choosing) PM. They can call it, but they can't impose it on the country even if they were crazed enough to try.

So all the elites have now lined up in the open all the appointed people that were supposed to be behind the scenes just getting about the business of keeping anybody other than themselves in power.

Nice to see the real enemies of democracy this time instead of having it all pinned on the Army!!

Wow, amazing, so all the conspiracy theories that have come to nothing are, in fact, proof of a conspiracy.

Nice "logic" there.

They are worried that if he is transferred to Chang Mai he may canvass for votes. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Kamromwit has already expressed his interests to enter politics, no points awarded to guess with which party.

• Like 2

exactly... It appears that every single department in Thailand including the toilet cleaners association wield enormous power and decide who will fill positions unrelated to their occupations. JUST WAIT WHILST I unblock this turd from the urinal and I will tell you who can have the chief commissioners job, what does he do anyway?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

exactly... It appears that every single department in Thailand including the toilet cleaners association wield enormous power and decide who will fill positions unrelated to their occupations. JUST WAIT WHILST I unblock this turd from the urinal and I will tell you who can have the chief commissioners job, what does he do anyway?

Are you aware that the EC are doing what they are required to do, according to the law, and as required in the current situation.

They are doing there job.

• Like 2

You don't half talk shy-te.

I can't even understand most of it.

Nice to know that the new acting PM was elected.... when did that happen.... 4.30am...... PTP's standard secret voting time?????

So the unelected 'Election Commission' has blocked another appointment by an elected government.

Democracy is dead in Thailand - if it ever was alive (which I doubt).

The ammart rule in Thailand! They always have, they always will.

H90. 15890 posts. (well another "new" member who know well about Democracy in Thailand).

JennyWren, has a view of the situation. You disagree, does this mean you can be insulting? You have many posts ,does this mean that you can see more clearly than someone who seems to be less Thaivisa active?