How is better to keep motorbike safely for many months absence?

Would help to know a) what city you are in and B) what kind of bike.

In Pattaya I usually leave the Harley at my buddies shop. Once in awhile he plugs in the battery "conditioner" and usually has his staff wash the beast the day before I get back. I don't think he charges for the service (at least not me) though he should !

I leave my scooter with him as well. If he needs it or his wife, meh. Better than coming home and finding it missing from the house.

Before that I used to leave it at Iron Horse (in Duck Square near Big C (South Pattaya). Leigh would do the same as far as taking care of the bike.

1000 per month for just storing motorbike under roof this is the gold mine. better to bargain it when you leave (I mean cheap motorbike)

take it back to russia with you then ...........

I'd reckon to drive it back to Russia and post about his trip on TVF.

If you are near Pattaya then I recommend Pattaya self storage which is a secure facility with lock up storage lockers, rooms etc. It is run by a friend of mine who has lived there for around 30 years and is a wealthy coin dealer which is one reason why he built a secure storage facility.

Pattaya Self Storage 391/147 Moo 10, Thappraya Road, Pattaya

http://www.pattayaselfstorage.co.th/

main-1_11.jpg

What's the number of your friend's storage unit?

I have many Thai friend and they are good, but I still not sure I can trust, because I suspect they all finally just want only money from me

people you suspect of wanting your money you call your friends????

If you are near Pattaya then I recommend Pattaya self storage which is a secure facility with lock up storage lockers, rooms etc. It is run by a friend of mine who has lived there for around 30 years and is a wealthy coin dealer which is one reason why he built a secure storage facility.

Pattaya Self Storage 391/147 Moo 10, Thappraya Road, Pattaya

http://www.pattayaselfstorage.co.th/

main-1_11.jpg

What's the number of your friend's storage unit?

It's secret!

• Like 1

If you leave it somewhere and it is not to be ridden, consider a B450 disk brake lock with built in alarm and/or hefty cable or chain locking it to something immovable..

Past threads have dealt with how to minimize bike deterioration in storage, like tanked with gasoline not gasohol, fuel stabilizers, oil squirted into cylinder and turned, leaving motor at top-dead-center on compression stroke to close off cylinder, stuff something in the muffler tail vs insects/ humidity, maybe spray all metal with a solution of motor oil mixed with diesel, disengage battery lead, etc.

Edited by papa al

"4. Drain all the gas and oil out of it so the gas doesnt varnish in the tank and clog your injectors or carb." If your only going to be away for 3 or 4 months you don't need to do that.

PS: The wife and I were to busy last year, so no road trips, and my big bike sat for 4 months with gasahol in the tank and started first press of the button when I did start it.

Edited by BSJ