Forgot to get a re-entry permit !

Unbelievably stupid I know, considering how many times I've had to get one, it just totally slipped my mind.

I'm in Tokyo, so I can apply for a Tourist Visa, or will the 30 Day entry I will get at the airport be enough, I have the money in the bank, it was extension based on retirement.

I don't mind to change it really, as my one year visa ends ( used to end ) on the 5th of January, and it's super busy in Jomtien around that time. Low season is much better.

So, will my 30 day stamp be enough to get the ball rolling again, or best to get a Tourist Visa ?

Thanks.

Edited by Banzai99

Yes you can start at Jomtien with a 30 day stamp. First step to do a conversion to O visa done there. With that you can apply for your new annual retirement extension. If using the 800K method, the funds must be seasoned two months rather than three as it will be a FIRST TIME extension based on your new visa. Sounds like you are using the 800K method. Well with your new visa obtained Jomtien, you'll wait until the last 30 days of the 90 day stay and then apply for the extension, by then you have time to season the money.

Good luck!

BTW, I have a wild idea for Thai immigration.

What happened to you must be very common.

They could raise money by offering to stamp people in AS IF they had a reentry permit by charging a large fine.

For example instead of 1,000 baht for the permit, charge people 10,000 baht for reentering without a permit and then granting the time as if they had a permit.

It's good money ... why not?

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

Yes you can start at Jomtien with a 30 day stamp. First step to do a conversion to O visa done there. With that you can apply for your new annual retirement extension. If using the 800K method, the funds must be seasoned two months rather than three as it will be a FIRST TIME extension based on your new visa. Sounds like you are using the 800K method. Well with your new visa obtained Jomtien, you'll wait until the last 30 days of the 90 day stay and then apply for the extension, by then you have time to season the money.

Good luck!

BTW, I have a wild idea for Thai immigration.

What happened to you must be very common.

They could raise money by offering to stamp people in AS IF they had a reentry permit by charging a large fine.

For example instead of 1,000 baht for the permit, charge people 10,000 baht for reentering without a permit and then granting the time as if they had a permit.

It's good money ... why not?

Thanks Jingthing, yes you're probably right, must happen to a lot of people, the low season extension of stay will be much better to renew than the mayhem in Jomtien just after the New Year.

So it's not all bad news.

Thanks again to all.

You can do it as long as you do it within 15 days of entry.

You first apply for a non immigrant visa entry. You will need to show the normal proof of 800K in the bank.

Then during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry you will get from the 1st step you can apply for the extension.

Within 15 days of entry you can apply to do the conversion at your local office. You can do it after 15 days but must then go to CW. I did this, albeit long time ago, after 17 days and local sent me to CW. If granted, the extension of stay is then applied for at your local office.