Satellite box problem

kevc

Just bought a Leotech satellite box when I connect via av leads the menu comes up perfect but when I try to connect through the coax it which I need need to do it becomes fuzzy, anyone any ideas. Thanks.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'm a bit confused. What 'coax' cable, connected from what to what?

to the LNB on the dish?

to the TV?

Knowing which cable and connector is giving you the fuzzy display can help.

Most DVB-S2 receivers have a single coax connector for the LNB on the satellite dish.

The converted signal to a display is delivered either through an RCA one-wire Composite Out (Yellow), an RCA three-wire Component Out (YPBPR), or HDMI interface. Usually there is no 'coax' connector to run to the TV.

The 'fuzziness' you see in the display menu is usually caused by leaking voltage or injected frequency interference on the output cable.

Try turning the AC plug of the TV or the DVB Converter the other way in the socket.

Make sure all the connecting cables are snug secure.

Coax would mean RF output I am guessing .. so fine tune your TV for the RF channel the set top box is set to, you see what channel that is by reading the user manual to see when in its settings it is located.

Yes that's what I meant RF out tried another box in that was already set up and it works ok I was just wondering whether there's some setting in the boxes menu to change between AV and RF if not it's all the way back to the shop.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app