Bangkok, Sukhumvit...where to get a custom seat for PCX 150?

Got tired of waiting for those guys with the great seats to come back. I would just sit there...waiting. Want to know where I can get a custom seat for my PCX. I'm over 6 feet, with a 6 feet arm span & these stock seats with the 'hump' are tiny for a westerner.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

i know of 4 that i would recommend :

one ni soi pracha songkro

one in chok chai 4

one on dindeang rd

one on soi na thong

drive slow and look into the shop houses ,there will be foam shavings all over the floor and likely

a stack of bikes on the footpath

dont pay more than 400-500 i would recommend and thats the farang price ,a thai might well be charged well less

Edited by YipYipYa123
  • Like 1

Noi Wat Dan 24. He is on Soi Wat Dan, about 1.5 to 2 km from the Bearing BTS station. All the motorbike taxis know him and where he is. Take your old seat with you; he will put the new seat on the plastic frame. Takes about 2 to 3 hours and the price is about B1,200. Closed on Thursdays. Across the street and left (as you face out from Noi's shop) about 20 meters is Kan@Wat Dan, who is also good and a few 100 Baht cheaper.

• Like 1

where are you based ? theres hundreds of seat customising shops in bkk

I have the latest model PCX 150, I have tried to get the customised seat in Pattaya, I was told the seat for the latest model is not out yet so I have to wait. If anyone knows different I would like to know.

I have the latest model PCX 150, I have tried to get the customised seat in Pattaya, I was told the seat for the latest model is not out yet so I have to wait. If anyone knows different I would like to know.

You take the seat off your PCX (one small screw on the underside of the seat), and take it to a customizing shop like NoiWatDan24 or another good shop. They will use the plastic frame and put new foam and a new cover onto your frame, hopefully to your liking. There is a shop in Jomtien (ph no 0861563630) that may be ok, and I am sure that they can put a new seat on your PCX seat plastic frame. They advertize B1000 for a new seat. I haven't tried the shop in Jomtien, only Noi who I recommend, but the Jomtien shop is obviously closer. If you use the shop in Jomtien, i am sure that if you ride your bike to the shop, they will take the seat off of the bike for you (at no charge).

You take the seat off your PCX (one small screw on the underside of the seat), and take it to a customizing shop like NoiWatDan24 or another good shop. They will use the plastic frame and put new foam and a new cover onto your frame, hopefully to your liking. There is a shop in Jomtien (ph no 0861563630) that may be ok, and I am sure that they can put a new seat on your PCX seat plastic frame. They advertize B1000 for a new seat. I haven't tried the shop in Jomtien, only Noi who I recommend, but the Jomtien shop is obviously closer. If you use the shop in Jomtien, i am sure that if you ride your bike to the shop, they will take the seat off of the bike for you (at no charge).

I would do that in a minute, but I am just back from Pattaya after riding down there from Phichit, and was told in three different shops that they could not supply a customised seat for the latest PCX as it is not out yet.

What your saying about people customising my own seat, I would love that, I just wish I knew about that when I was in Pattaya. I would bet that the only place I can have that done would be in Pattaya, Bangkok, or maybe Chaing Mai, certainly not near Phichit. Thanks anyway.

I would do that in a minute, but I am just back from Pattaya after riding down there from Phichit, and was told in three different shops that they could not supply a customised seat for the latest PCX as it is not out yet.

What your saying about people customising my own seat, I would love that, I just wish I knew about that when I was in Pattaya. I would bet that the only place I can have that done would be in Pattaya, Bangkok, or maybe Chaing Mai, certainly not near Phichit. Thanks anyway.

You can send your seat to Noi via the mail. You won't be able to test the seat during the fitting process, but it is no worse than taking a custom seat off the shelf. You will need to be able to tell Noi exactly what you want -- a picture will help. The guys there speak pretty good English, but I went to the shop and did not try to deal with him over the phone, so I am not sure how easy/difficult that is. I think that he has a web site with lots of pictures of what he can do, but you will need to be specific on insert designs and colors and thread colors, etc. It may take a week from start to finish, so if you don't want to be without your seat for 1 week, you may check with Noi to see if he can supply the plastic frame for a new PCX and the added cost. Or perhaps you can buy one from the local Honda dealer and send it to him. I have no idea of the cost. Most of the shops in Pattaya that sell off the rack custom seats buy them from Noi (many even have his name on them), and the price is B3,000+, so dealing with him directly should get you exactly what you want and be much cheaper.

Thanks mate, I will give a lot of thought to this. I also read on this forum that what you mention can be done in Chaing Mai, I will also look into that. I don't want to send my seat away and be without my bike for a week or so.