UK visa on-line account registration - question

UK visa on-line account registration - question - I am applying for my fiancée. A general visitor visa to UK. I have to register an account on-line to access Visa4UK system. Do I enter my personal details and contact details or my fiancées? Grey area I would have thought. Guess the account is mine. The application is hers. This is not the application yet so my details?

Not a grey area at all, it's your fiancées application, you don't apply for her, and it's her details that the application will be considered on, and in the unlikely event they need to speak to anyone it would be her.

You can use your email address though.

Not a grey area at all, it's your fiancées application, you don't apply for her, and it's her details that the application will be considered on, and in the unlikely event they need to speak to anyone it would be her.

You can use your email address though.

Not the application. I stated this was to create an account to give access to the on-line system. But ok, thanks for your help.

When I said "you can use your address" I meant to add "to set up an account".

You said 'email address'. I understood that. I am entering her details. My email address and my phone number as secondary contact number.

I don't understand your replies in relation to comments details in my previous posts?!

I am entering her details for the account registration as you advised now.

But stuck as on trying to enter her address details her country 'Laos' is not available on the drop down box.

It now looks like the account details should have been mine.

Unfortunately I was misinformed above.

Then when starting the application procedure you select 'applying for someone else'.

During the application you enter their details as it is their application.

The account is yours.

So I was right and misinformed!

It now looks like the account details should have been mine.

Unfortunately I was misinformed above.

Then when starting the application procedure you select 'applying for someone else'.

During the application you enter their details as it is their application.

The account is yours.

So I was right and misinformed!

Not really, OldGit is right in that normally you would infer that the application has been completed by the Thai/Laos/Foreign person wishing to come to the UK (even if in actual fact you're going to do everything for them), so you would put their details, but you can indeed use any email address you like which becomes the login name. This is how I did both my partners visas.

There is of course the option for an agent (or partner I guess) to make an application on someones behalf, just remember to indicate that fact at the end where it asks if anyone helped you (the Thai/Laos/Foreign applicant) to complete the application.

EDIT: BTW, didn't have a problem picking Laos from this site (check if you need a visa to come to the UK): https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa

Edited by GarryUK

I was not talking about the application itself. This was the on-line account registration. But no matter. Done now in her name. I am guessing people replying are not familiar with it.I repeat this is NOT the details for the application. I do understand it is not my application. That was not the question. ไม่เป็นไร

You cannot select Laos as your country on the site anywhere. So had to select Thailand.

The only drop down box where Laos is present is for nationality. Not present where adding address details. Will cause issues with permanent residence question where Laos is not present. GGGrrrrrr!!!!!

This website is a beta one it states. So fairly new. Nice of them to test on people who have placed a great deal of time and money with major life decisions banking on the application. Only for it to appear to fail! How they can force you to use a beta website is beyond me. Suppose to be easier. Maybe it would be. If they listed Laos as a country of residence!

The 'check if you need a visa site' is well before the stage of application. Yes Laos is there. The original question refereed to the account creation before the app. The country drop down box the actually app.

When I registered for an account, I used an email address which I set up for my GF. But we both have access to it. I then completed the online application for her. I didn't bother ticking "applying for someone else", just filled it in, as her. I'm sure they know this is what happens a lot, and it shouldn't make any difference. As long as all the info is in there, and you provide all the supporting docs.