Can you think of any restaurants that do well for lunch and dinner?

LarryBird

I know a few places that offer very good Western food at cheap price - Nice Kitchen, Blue Diamond and more - but in the medium range would be the Duke's which is not a big chain yet. Some Thai places too, but many are closed in the evening.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Well busy lunch and evening, kiat num , I think same soi as you work great place,

Busy also the lemon tree, good value food in worse than poor surroundings but often busy.

Thai people don't do the traditional breakfast lunch dinner, its more like snacking on grass and weeds all day then perhaps go out with friends in the evening to eat exactly the same again stuffed into a fish.

So roadside food carts are popular in the daytime....any thai owned restaurants are not serious businesses are they?....well, are they?

• Like 2

Salad Concept actually does well, but I think maybe cause that's a mix of Thai and Farang customers..

I actually made this post while sitting at Kuhn Mohr's Cuisine for dinner while the place was basically empty, but almost always packed for lunch..

re

Dash Restaurant in the old city on Moon Muang (1 or 2), busy during lunch and dinner.

hes right and the whole place including the garden area has

just had a referb in the last few weeks :)

dave2

post-42592-0-36013800-1400297550_thumb.j

The Tops food court in the basement of Kad Suan Kaew. Or, if you prefer a step-up, you can go down the street to Lemon Tree, which as Eyecatcher said is almost always busy for both lunch and dinner.

Edited by NancyL

Huen Phen seems to be busy both lunch and dinner.

Although I'm not quite sure what are the "major chains"

The McD looks dead at lunchtime.

Unless of course we are talking about the big malls.

Although one suspects that in order to pay the rent they pay zilch tax as in a lot of other countries.

Or actually the franchise might be owned by the mall owner - so that's a bit of a no brainer.