Thai neighbour regularly abuses his girlfriend/wife

kandi

Stay well out of it. I can talk from personal experience. I used to live in a Bangkok condo and one day I was waiting for the lift in the foyer, as it arrived and the doors opened I saw a Thai man crouched over a Thai female raining punches on her. I acted instinctively and stepped forward to try and stop him. In what seemed like a split second he produced a gun and pointed it straight at my head. I immediately backed off.

Never introduce western values to a Thai on Thai dispute.

OP is worried and it has nothing to do with western values. It are his own values. Do you think that present western values are much different in OP's story than the assumed thai's values ? If OP is really worried let him call his gf anonymusly to the police if it doesnt stop, with a cock and bull story. Others in the condo must hear the noises as well.

A clear conscience is worth something.

Perfect...OP's GF can portray herself as the girl getting the pounding and the apartment address to the police but still doubtful they will bother either or.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you will be involved may be you would disturb the biggest love in the world.

This case is their case.

Forget it, not your job!

And you have to know something important, Thai men don't handle ladies by hands on gloves, like falang hadsum guys.

But the Thai ladies can't take the Thai men's noses like they do it to handsum falang guys.

This reason why do Thai ladies like hansum falang guys so much, cause they can handle them like buffalo.

Go in there and be a hero and bash the wifebeater see what happens

He's a wife beater because he is a coward. Cowards are among the most dangerous of animals. Short of killing him, you would need to be so scary, so wild, so violent, cause him painful and lasting injuries, to impress on him that there is always a bigger fish. Then be prepared to move out.

• Like 1

Yep! I have to agree with most here. Stay out of it.

I had a guy down the hall who is like that to. The reason for the odd hours is when he came home drunk, like he did every night. She ended up leaving him and now he is quiet as he lives alone. Still think she comes around to help him shopping, when he is sober, but she refuses to live with him. Good for Her, I say..

• Like 1

I think some people need to get a life and stop eavesdropping on their neighbors and then letting their imagination run riot.

This could be the most sane post on this thread. The OP doesn't know these people. Has never met them. He wouldn't recognize them if he saw them in person. Yet, he's making accusations from noises he heard through a wall/ceiling? Are you guys freakin serious?

I'm not making light of spousal abuse. It's a horrible thing and it happens all over the world. But what if you were just having an argument with your spouse and some do-gooder calls the cops? Would you thank the meddler?

• Like 1

About 6 months ago I had a Teacher of our School get beaten up by her Husband. This happened while she was out running errands for us. I took him to the side and told him she was like a Daughter to me. I asked him, do you know what a Father from my Country does to a Man that abuses his Daughter..??? He said no, all the while looking down at his feet. I replied...after we cut his man-hood off we take a gun and blow his brains out. Then we bury him in the back 40. I asked her awhile back how were things at home, she replied GREAT.

Maybe in some cases it would be best to do nothing, but not in all cases.

• Like 1

It's Thai Buddhism, you're not a Buddhist Thai so you wouldn't understand. Best stay out of it unless you really want a lesson in Buddhism here.

No, it certainly isn't Buddhism - Thai or otherwise.

• Like 1

People may have accounts of many different events. Tthe thing here is that the OP is showing concern of something he has seen and asked what the best avenue is! C'mon, have a heart and show that you care like the OP!

and what good would that do?

Do what most folks here suggest and do nothing.

When the guy finally kills her wife you might get a bit upset for not having intervened, but soon you'll learn to be indifferent to other people's feelings.

Or... do what you feel to be right. You will have much greater peace.

I was in a similar situation when renting a condo in Bangkok some years ago. The young guy would always make a point of being overly friendly/polite to me, but then I'd be wakened every night at 4 am, regular as clockwork by very loud thumps (I'd thought he was weight training, seriously) but shortly after heard the girl whimpering. The creepiest part was he was completely silent himself, no shouting. I made a point of completely ignoring him whenever greeted, he and the girl knew I knew what was going on. She merely looked sheepish and tried to hide her bruises with her hair.

My take is, do as you would in your home country. Ignore it. If the police are called, it's a 'domestic' and they'll do little to nothing as the girl will usually retract any statement against him anyway. She has two legs, better she pack a bag and use them. Although I do believe there are certain places set up to support abused women and perhaps, to make it really obvious someone's sussed him, you might get someone to write down the address and slip it under the door.

And there are those who say 'never buy a house, condo better'. I bought a house on a large plot. No neighbours, no hassle thumbsup.gif

Maybe they were doing the opposite of fighting?

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Edited by kaspercat

Well you can do two things one stay out of or unless your well schooled in martial arts You could find what this guy looks like and arrange an unforunate accident Thailand is famous for condo and hotel divers so police would most likely say suicide. now if this were state I have kick the living crap out of a guy beating his girlfriend . Police self defence.

• Like 2

Stay well out of it. I can talk from personal experience. I used to live in a Bangkok condo and one day I was waiting for the lift in the foyer, as it arrived and the doors opened I saw a Thai man crouched over a Thai female raining punches on her. I acted instinctively and stepped forward to try and stop him. In what seemed like a split second he produced a gun and pointed it straight at my head. I immediately backed off.

OP is worried and it has nothing to do with western values. It are his own values. Do you think that present western values are much different in OP's story than the assumed thai's values ? If OP is really worried let him call his gf anonymusly to the police if it doesnt stop, with a cock and bull story. Others in the condo must hear the noises as well.

A clear conscience is worth something.

Perfect...OP's GF can portray herself as the girl getting the pounding and the apartment address to the police but still doubtful they will bother either or.

And then the guy shoots his gf because she called the police? I don't think this is the solution.

Why did you back off instead of taking the gun and shoving it into rear entrance ?

• Like 1

Don't let these wife beaters intimidate you.. i have travelled extensively and i am fortunate to have a martial arts background .. If I see a man hit a woman or abuse her or children .. i give him some of his own medicine..and it doesn't matter where he is from.. Some years ago I had a situation in soho London ..where a Chinese man (in chinatown) pushed his lady friend into a wooden structure outside of a shop being refurbished. He wasn't alone either and as I pushed him up on the wall has mate pulled a knife .. i gave his mate one look and he put the knife away... afterwards I helped the lady up and made sure she didn't require medical attention. My take on this... if you can...and only if you can .. you should always help a person if they cannot defend themselves... There is nothing worse than bullies ..and it doesn't matter where they come from... and as far as his friends on 15 motorbikes come to your front door... he pick up the phone call the cops... then deal with the bullie again amd again until he gets the message !

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I am wondering what martial art it is you do,Origami ,prehaps?

You really want to know? Or just taking the Mick ?

Ok from age 9 judo to age 18 then went to the army and did the usual.. then went to Japan and trained for 3 years under Sensei Toru Yamaguchi after which I studied Aikido.. i worked for many years in various security forces and also as personal bodyguard . Any more Questions ?...

bet you cannot out run a bullet.

Don't let these wife beaters intimidate you.. i have travelled extensively and i am fortunate to have a martial arts background .. If I see a man hit a woman or abuse her or children .. i give him some of his own medicine..and it doesn't matter where he is from.. Some years ago I had a situation in soho London ..where a Chinese man (in chinatown) pushed his lady friend into a wooden structure outside of a shop being refurbished. He wasn't alone either and as I pushed him up on the wall has mate pulled a knife .. i gave his mate one look and he put the knife away... afterwards I helped the lady up and made sure she didn't require medical attention. My take on this... if you can...and only if you can .. you should always help a person if they cannot defend themselves... There is nothing worse than bullies ..and it doesn't matter where they come from... and as far as his friends on 15 motorbikes come to your front door... he pick up the phone call the cops... then deal with the bullie again amd again until he gets the message !

Ok from age 9 judo to age 18 then went to the army and did the usual.. then went to Japan and trained for 3 years under Sensei Toru Yamaguchi after which I studied Aikido.. i worked for many years in various security forces and also as personal bodyguard . Any more Questions ?...

No need to outrun a bullet...

Quick disarm and oops he got it up his a**... or flew over the balcony ..by accident of course...

Quick disarm and oops he got it up his a**... or flew over the balcony ..by accident of course...

Drugs are bad.

Sent from my c64

Drugs are bad.

Sent from my c64

Yes you should stop taking them immediately ! They are also illegal and bad for you're health!!!

It's just typical. Why does everyone always suspect the husband is some wife beating ogre. Believe me Thai women are more than capable of looking after themselves and they don't need women's shelters or counseling or whatever. They are usually at least 50% to blame for the problem. Gambling, lending money to her family, going crazy with the credit cards etc.

Leave them alone! If the noise gets unbearable just knock on their door and tell them to shut the <deleted> UP! Then get back on with your life. If he goes too far she'll stab him anyway. You and no one here is a marriage guidance counselor.

• Like 2

i seen a man and woman beating the crap out of each other in a restaurant one sunday afternoon

roaring and screamig abuse at each other

he was calling her a whore and she went nuts and slapped him and he grabbed her by the neck and starting

slapping the jaws off her and dragged her inside the apartments but she was kicking and screaming

none of the thais intervened ,most looked away or pretended they didnt notice or just kept eating their noodles

as if it was nothing ,i was thinkig of helping but she did hit him first and i dont know the story of how it started either

so maybe she deserved it ,who knows TIT

I have just read 16 posts and i am disgusted with MENS advice.What would you cowards do if it was somebody close to you?Thailand, is where the west was 50 years ago,thankfully laws and attitudes have changed but looks like men have bought their old attitudes with them.I would rather do "something" than live life as a coward.As far as "maybe she deserved it",words fail me.

Someone close to me and a complete stranger are two completely different situations.

For someone close to me, like my daughter, i know of a lot of places in the nearby hills where the ants and other critters will take care of the problem.

It all depends on the distances involved and the situation.

Lets say you take the gun away in the elevator one day and the next he walks up behind you in the hallway and lets you have a few rounds in the back. Or his buddies blast away at you and your gf on your motorcycle.

I also studied boxing from 8 years old on and started wing tsun later on in life but i know martial arts skills do not cover all situations. No amount of hand to hand combat can defend against a sniper.

If you have nothing to lose then go for it. if you do then leave it to the police.

Edited by wolfmanjack
  • Like 1

You should have disarmed him and stuck the gun up his a** and let rip wink.png

You've been watching far too many James Bond movies.

Tell the manager or politely knock on their doors to tell them to be a little more quiet - don't get more involved than this though (you only want peace and quiet and not care about whether the guy might be beating his wife to death). More than 6 years ago I rented an apartment and on one night had my Thai friends over who were very noisy. It embarrassed me quite a bit when they were loud all night long and around 3am during a drinking game the neighbors came to tell us to quieten down, but they did so very politely. They then came around a second time an hour later (and were still polite) so I told my friends to be more quiet but those friends were not happy about that. In fact, I never saw some most of them again, but then again they were just "party friends" that were friends of my then girlfriend, not real friends as such. It was the first and last time I've ever had Thai friends over on "house parties" as aside from New Year, Songkran etc. such occurrences are not common in Thailand - nobody has house parties here and even dinner parties are limited to family celebrating either a happy or somber occasion or if the family is a Thai/western family it might be a bit different too.

I never had anyone else over before or after that incident except for brief 5 minute visits by my dad and other friends just to get something I forgot or to give them, and was never noisy again. There were never any problems with the neighbors otherwise but I did feel like a bit of an idiot for being a noisy foreigner or "guest" to put it that way, which is not a good thing to be when normally it's the other way round - the locals are noisy but you want some peace and quiet. So yeah, I definitely didn't want to abuse that.

Nowadays I live with my fiance in a nice housing estate, which apart from a once a year celebration or something and the occasional roar of airplane engines not far away is very quiet, which is the way I like it.

Edited by Tomtomtom69

The fact they are Thai couple is immaterial.

Bad idea to interfere between a husband/wife or between bf/gf anywhere in the world.

If it's noise and disturbance you're complaining about - by all means go to Police, Condo Management or ... you are within your rights.

However stop commending your motives on grounds of being compassionate to the female.

If she doesn't like her treatment - she knows what to do.

Do not interfere.

I agree - the only complaint on your part should be about the noise and in my case that's all I would do. I have never interfered in a stranger's business even if I don't like everything I see. In general I only speak to those people I want to speak to, or wait for someone to speak to me first. If nobody speaks to me first (like is the case here in Thailand with neighbors that you don't know, then I won't speak to them either as there is no good reason to start a conversation).