Thai neighbour regularly abuses his girlfriend/wife

kandi

Thanks for all the answers so far. Looks like it may really be the best just to stay out of it, as hard as it is. Of course the continous screaming and shouting annoys me, too, but complaining about noise doesn't sound like the wisest approach either with guys like that.

It's just sad to see how nobody gives a <deleted>, even the people who actually could do something (condo management, police). I'm absolutely no white knight, but this is going a little bit too far now. Whenever they fight I expect him to actually kill her.

Weird is also that none of them seems to have a regular work. Two days ago, they started fighting at noon, fighted again in the early evening throughout the night (until 5am) and again at 7am.

I must also add that I have absolutely no clue who they are. Chances are high that I've seen them in the 2 years I've been living her, maybe I've been in the same elevator with one of them. I have no idea.

When she is carried out in a bodybag, will you be able to look at yourself in the mirror or happy that you can finally sleep at night!

• Like 1

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i seen a man and woman beating the crap out of each other in a restaurant one sunday afternoon

roaring and screamig abuse at each other

he was calling her a whore and she went nuts and slapped him and he grabbed her by the neck and starting

slapping the jaws off her and dragged her inside the apartments but she was kicking and screaming

none of the thais intervened ,most looked away or pretended they didnt notice or just kept eating their noodles

as if it was nothing ,i was thinkig of helping but she did hit him first and i dont know the story of how it started either

so maybe she deserved it ,who knows TIT

I have just read 16 posts and i am disgusted with MENS advice.What would you cowards do if it was somebody close to you?Thailand, is where the west was 50 years ago,thankfully laws and attitudes have changed but looks like men have bought their old attitudes with them.I would rather do "something" than live life as a coward.As far as "maybe she deserved it",words fail me.
Have couples go at it here many times... If i even look like doing anything my misses and thai friends have said dont get involved.

Damed if you do damed if you dont.

Sent from my c64

Edited by wow64

Don't let these wife beaters intimidate you.. i have travelled extensively and i am fortunate to have a martial arts background .. If I see a man hit a woman or abuse her or children .. i give him some of his own medicine..and it doesn't matter where he is from.. Some years ago I had a situation in soho London ..where a Chinese man (in chinatown) pushed his lady friend into a wooden structure outside of a shop being refurbished. He wasn't alone either and as I pushed him up on the wall has mate pulled a knife .. i gave his mate one look and he put the knife away... afterwards I helped the lady up and made sure she didn't require medical attention. My take on this... if you can...and only if you can .. you should always help a person if they cannot defend themselves... There is nothing worse than bullies ..and it doesn't matter where they come from... and as far as his friends on 15 motorbikes come to your front door... he pick up the phone call the cops... then deal with the bullie again amd again until he gets the message !

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You knob.. You are going to go to a strangers house in thialand and stick your nose in... A spinning roundhouse in slow motion wont do shit to a gun. Might work being a hero in London but not here.

I love this bit " i am fortunate to have a martial arts background". Haha does this mean you can use chop sticks or have you watched Bruce Lee?

Sent from my c64

So you're one if them that just sits about writing useless advice in this forum ? What if it was you're son or daughter or a family member ? Then what? You still sit a out on your a** and hope it goes away? What a joke you are and what a disgrace to humanity ... tell you what when you have trouble in you're place next time ... just go hide under you're pillow... you Clown !!!

Don't let these wife beaters intimidate you.. i have travelled extensively and i am fortunate to have a martial arts background .. If I see a man hit a woman or abuse her or children .. i give him some of his own medicine..and it doesn't matter where he is from.. Some years ago I had a situation in soho London ..where a Chinese man (in chinatown) pushed his lady friend into a wooden structure outside of a shop being refurbished. He wasn't alone either and as I pushed him up on the wall has mate pulled a knife .. i gave his mate one look and he put the knife away... afterwards I helped the lady up and made sure she didn't require medical attention. My take on this... if you can...and only if you can .. you should always help a person if they cannot defend themselves... There is nothing worse than bullies ..and it doesn't matter where they come from... and as far as his friends on 15 motorbikes come to your front door... he pick up the phone call the cops... then deal with the bullie again amd again until he gets the message !

You knob.. You are going to go to a strangers house in thialand and stick your nose in... A spinning roundhouse in slow motion wont do shit to a gun. Might work being a hero in London but not here.

I love this bit " i am fortunate to have a martial arts background". Haha does this mean you can use chop sticks or have you watched Bruce Lee?

Sent from my c64

A legend in ones own lunchtime methinks. Pull the other one.

i seen a man and woman beating the crap out of each other in a restaurant one sunday afternoon

he was calling her a whore and she went nuts and slapped him and he grabbed her by the neck and starting

slapping the jaws off her and dragged her inside the apartments but she was kicking and screaming

none of the thais intervened ,most looked away or pretended they didnt notice or just kept eating their noodles

as if it was nothing ,i was thinkig of helping but she did hit him first and i dont know the story of how it started either

I have just read 16 posts and i am disgusted with MENS advice.What would you cowards do if it was somebody close to you?Thailand, is where the west was 50 years ago,thankfully laws and attitudes have changed but looks like men have bought their old attitudes with them.I would rather do "something" than live life as a coward.As far as "maybe she deserved it",words fail me.
Have couples go at it here many times... If i even look like doing anything my misses and thai friends have said dont get involved.

Sent from my c64

What a man you are ... wow ... impressive.... do you ask for advice when you want to eat as well ? :-D

OP, it appears you have your solution. You can address the situation without getting yourself or your GF personally involved and risking your safety.

Simply provide your address to "louse 1953" and let him resolve it.

It's Thai Buddhism, you're not a Buddhist Thai so you wouldn't understand. Best stay out of it unless you really want a lesson in Buddhism here.

---------------------------------

What the f- - k are you on about?

Thai Buddhism my a-- -.

• Like 1

OP, it appears you have your solution. You can address the situation without getting yourself or your GF personally involved and risking your safety.

Another smart arse who rather sits back and moans he can't sleep because of the noise !

Be a man and do something about it, rather than moan and then moan some more !!!

• Like 1

Sent from my c64

So you're one if them that just sits about writing useless advice in this forum ? What if it was you're son or daughter or a family member ? Then what? You still sit a out on your a** and hope it goes away? What a joke you are and what a disgrace to humanity ... tell you what when you have trouble in you're place next time ... just go hide under you're pillow... you Clown !!!

If trouble finds me or my family I sort it out tough guy.

Umm arent you on this forum giving out advice Bruce Lee?

Hiding under a pillow hahahhaa gold. I am sure if trouble finds me I sort it out better then you Bruce Lee. You keyboard warrior.

Sent from my c64

Scarcasm is the lowest for of wit.If you have read my excellent posts you will know the answer.

• Like 1

Sent from my c64

If trouble finds me or my family I sort it out tough guy.

Umm arent you on this forum giving out advice Bruce Lee?

Hiding under a pillow hahahhaa gold. I am sure if trouble finds me I sort it out better then you Bruce Lee. You keyboard warrior.

Sent from my c64

Good for you ! If trouble finds you? What about if trouble finds someone else ? You look the other way? Tell me please ..which one of the 3 monkeys are you?

No hear? No say? No see ?

Roflmao :-D

whistling.gif If your thinking of intervening, that's your call.

But be warned ..... as any policeman will tell you ..... one of the worst situations to have to deal with is what they call a "domestic disturbance".

As my policeman friend told me. Once when he and his partner responded to a "domestic disturbance" call, he found the women with a broken jaw, lacerations on her face and body (from a small knife), and what turned out to be a concussion, and her drunk husband was still beating her with a piece of wood.

When my friend tried to restrain the husband, the WIFE jumped up, and hit him from behind screaming at him, "Leave my husband alone you f - -king p-g".

That's why cops hate "domestic disturbance" calls.

I'm just warning you.

If you do speak Thai, pass the word around about what you think, and let the Thais deal with it their way.

• Like 1

Sent from my c64

What a man you are ... wow ... impressive.... do you ask for advice when you want to eat as well ? :-D

Umm learn to read smallfatwarrior. Did i say i asked for advice? I said in BASIC english "if I look like doing anything"

Sent from my c64

So, "Maybe they like making up afterwards" I can tell that is a man speaking and that he has never been in fear of his life. I grew up in an abusive household where I and my mother lived in terror. Believe me there is no "fun" and no "making up". There is only an &lt;deleted&gt; using physical power to abuse another person. To laugh at that poor woman's agony is tasteless.

• Like 2

Another smart arse who rather sits back and moans he can't sleep because of the noise !

Be a man and do something about it, rather than moan and then moan some more !!!

First off. You are a blowhard.

Second. PM the OP and get the address, go over there and do your "thing".

Third. If you are not willing to do that then shut the &lt;deleted&gt; up.

Here is the thing about DV that you fail to grasp.

The abuser could very well use violence against any do-gooder. That could mean pulling a knife or gun on do-gooder while in a rage. Is do-gooder prepared to risk own life or take another man's life?

It is fairly common when hooking up an abuser for the battered wife to attack the police trying to help her.

In this case, that could very well mean supporting her husband's claim that the do-gooder attacked him and that is why he had to shoot do-gooder.

At the very least, short of the attacker going to prison (which isn't going to happen) all that OP will accomplish is pissing off attacker and attacker will take out anger on his wife/gf as soon as OP leaves. This is real life. This is the way it works. I dealt with DV complaints for 35 years.

If OP complains to landlord then landlord will tell attacker who ratted him out.

If OP calls police the police will tell attacker who ratted him out.

If OP girlfriend talks to attackers victim then she can become a victim because the attacker beats women.

In every possible scenario the OP cannot avoid becoming involved in a situation that can easily become life or death.

This risk does not appear to bother you so why don't you take your blowhard self over there and stare down the abuser like you bragged about in previous post. If you are not willing to do this then go away and get a new username because yours sound infantile.

Edited by ClutchClark

Third. If you are not willing to do that then shut the up.

The abuser could very well use violence against any do-gooder. That could mean pulling a knife or gun on do-gooder while in a rage. Is do-gooder prepared to risk own life or take another man's life?

It is fairly common when hooking up an abuser for the battered wife to attack the police trying to help her.

In this case, that could very well mean supporting her husband's claim that the do-gooder attacked him and that is why he had to shoot do-gooder.

If OP complains to landlord then landlord will tell attacker who ratted him out.

If OP girlfriend talks to attackers victim then she can become a victim because the attacker beats women.

In every possible scenario the OP cannot avoid becoming involved in a situation that can easily become life or death.

This risk does not appear to bother you so why don't you take your blowhard self over there and stare down the abuser like you bragged about in previous post. If you are not willing to do this then go away.

The risk? What about the risk of crossing the street or getting dengue fever ? Or food poisoning ?

Sure if someone wants help .. im here .. just message me and I be there no problem... at least I will do something about it ...not hide under my pillow and pretend nothing is happening.. what are you a man or a mouse ?

My now wife was continuously belted with empty beer bottles by her ex, police didn't want to know, family and friends didn't want to know and it took years for the law to agree to give her a divorce. YET, their children still think he is a "great" guy even after as babes they witnessed the shit heads abuse......sad.png

This risk does not appear to bother you so why don't you take your blowhard self over there and stare down the abuser like you bragged about in previous post. If you are not willing to do this then go away.

The risk? What about the risk of crossing the street or getting dengue fever ? Or food poisoning ?

Sure if someone wants help .. im here .. just message me and I be there no problem... at least I will do something about it ...not hide under my pillow and pretend nothing is happening.. what are you a man or a mouse ?

Hahaha you will be there to get you ass kicked, stabbed, shot or killed.

There is a problem a friend of mine just hit a red road cone can you please go help him fatwarrior? Where do you live ??

Gotham City?

Sent from my c64

Op the problem is solved just PM bigfatwarrior he just said he is here to help.

If he doesnt respond its because he is fighting crime. So go to the police station they have a giant light on the roof. Turn that on...it will display a giant cock in the night sky. Bigfatwarrior will turn up.

Sent from my c64

• Like 2

I got involved in a rather nasty situation a few years back, ended up paying the bond money to put this maniac on the DVO list to protect his ex girlfriend and to make sure he was arrested ,he had beaten the crap out of her and stabbed her, so it was serious offence, the bond money put up was so that the girlfriend was prepared to go through with it when it went to court, as it was assault with a deadly weapon, he was apprehended and sent to the big house for 6 years, his family pleaded with the girlfriend to drop the case ,offered a million baht etc but she refused.. so off he went. a few weeks later a few very shady Thai males started harassing the girlfriend. All during this time I was her boyfriend and this Thai guy was a background ex lurking to have a go at the farang..(me) after registering a complaint at Ratchada police station the girlfriend was eventually beaten up again by the some friends of the man inside, who were trying to find out where I was. She explained to me the situation and needless to say she was packed off to Surin, and I not needing to be Einstein decided to return to farangland for safety,, to this day I still look over my shoulder when in Bangkok and wished I had never got involved with the whole situation. Sad as it is that a lady can be beaten up and stabbed and not many Thai people were concerned.they don't view domestic violence the same as other people.....this place is quite disturbing the way Thai males lay in to the girls...sex and money and drugs are usually what sets these guys off.. and a farang interfering,, there eyes light up..

• Like 1

Unfortunately Thai folk do NOT forget intrusion into their stuff, especially from an alien, you may be a big guy but you cannot dodge a bullet from a dark space for payback.

Hahaha you will be there to get you ass kicked, stabbed, shot or killed.

There is a problem a friend of mine just hit a red road cone can you please go help him fatwarrior? Where do you live ??

Gotham City?

Sent from my c64

You like making fun of other people's misfortunes ? Rather than do something about it ?

You don't know me at all and there is no need to know me either ..For you for sure... i don't like people like you that just think they know someone is fat or stupid for doing the right think when nessesary..

I never brag but I am also not fat not old and have been in many tricky situations in many places... however I always do the right thing ..and if that means that I put myself in a dangerous situation .. then that's fine... It all depends on how you view it... but hey why am I bothering explaining ... you won't understand !

I feel your concern, but for the sake of your own interest stay out of it, do not ever forget never to intervene in a Thai family argument. The best you can do us , find a trusted Thai friend who will not be a rat, and have him call the condo management from any pay phone booth and explain.

Dont get involved unless you are Nicholas Cage trying to make a sequel to Bkk dangerous.

She has obviously done something to cause him to bash her. Maybe she burnt the rice??

If its too loud just play the rocky theme song full blast.

Sent from my c64

Or maybe she had the impudence to ask him to stop giving money to his gik.

Or the impertinence to question why he spent the rent money on whiskey.

Or showed stupid clumsiness to have woken him when she dropped a plate.

Or the temerity to have bought a new plate without his permission.

Or.......

I would be at a loss as to what to do also. So my question are two fold;

Have you thought of inquiring at the police station about disturbing the peace regulations ? Ask about domestic disputes. This in no way involves you but gives you some guidelines.

If your girlfriend is Thai ask a monk at a local temple what to do. Perhaps they have a solution without involving you.

Definitely stay away. A complaint to the condo board anonymously is also appropriate.

I had a similar problem with a neighbour involving children. I asked my Thai wife a number of times if there wasn't something we could do. The child was out of control with anger - a dangerous sign for his future. I inquired as to government agencies that could help. I did not go further than my wife because this is not my country or culture. Although my wife denied there was anything we could do, after a week or so I heard a kind voice from next-door intervening with the child and getting him to play instead of acting out. What a difference. There is no longer a disturbance from that direction. I am unsure if the child is still there or not.

Sometimes good questions to the right people are actually the answers we seek. For instance the letter to the condo board could say, " are they running an industrial business in their apartment # xxx ? "

OR " I was wondering if they are renovating their apartment at night ? the noise is so loud I believe they may be removing a wall. "

• Like 1

Friend in a similar situation recorded a particularly loud domestic next door. He waited a day or two and then played it back on a cheap recorder at 2 in the morning outside the offender's door (and did not hang around). He lost his recorder but it stopped the noise.

He said he learnt this trick in UK with a neighbour playing loud music. Worked well, according to him.

maybe she fukd his brother or his best mate

i dont know ,do you know?

at that time i didnt understand much thai and of course

i could have blindly taken her side just "because shes a woman" and knocked him out

but where would that leave me when the cops get down ?

what if she didnt appreciate my help ?

what if i got arrested for assaulting him ?

what if the mo cyc guys on the corner (who were just watching ) decided i was wrong and jumped in ?

too many variables to get into a fight you dont know anything about and not speaking much thai back then

impossible to explain what happened if all ends up being "my fault "